Honey Island Plate Rack

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    Pretty much. That's when all the neckbeards start to riot.

I would have told her hello from the get go and it may have been a different experience lol

The guy I was dealing with was one that I've dealt with before. He's an older fellow that has an attitude worse than mine.
    i think i know who you are talking about we had a hard time the other day and my wife was with me.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    i think i know who you are talking about we had a hard time the other day and my wife was with me.

I've encountered him before, and while I think he thinks he doing his job right, he doesn't have to treat everyone like children. I fully understand Honey Island gets a lot of traffic, which includes some idiots, but sometimes it helps to treat everyone equally while on the line.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I've encountered him before, and while I think he thinks he doing his job right, he doesn't have to treat everyone like children. I fully understand Honey Island gets a lot of traffic, which includes some idiots, but sometimes it helps to treat everyone equally while on the line.

Looks like he treated you equally: like an idiot.

After the moron called the line hot on me while I was down range, I was done with that place. I told the guy in charge that day (don't remember his name but he had the personalized plate on his vehicle) and he didn't seem too concerned about what happened.

I remember one time I pulled up in my unmarked unit and got yelled at because it didn't look like a police car. Yeah, that happened. Look, I'm an ******* sometimes, but the egos at that place back in 2008-2011 coupled with the other incident made my decision to never return very easy.

Personally, if I ever went there again I would wear my armor.

JR1572

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    My two cents. When dealing with a group of unknown experience and knowledge of firearms, you have to speak to the lowest denominator. Sometimes it might mean talking like you are talking to a third grader, so everyone can understand. If I go to a strange range, I expect to be talked to like I know nothing about firearms while on the line. And if a range officer tells me not to do something, I don't do it.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Life must be hard if you get worked up about such minor crap.

latest

Sig66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2016
    NOLA Westbank
    Me and the wife went there today for the first time, and it was great. No drama of any kind from anyone. Our RO on the pistol range, and older gentlemen, (late 60's?) about 6' 2", was very nice/friendly, and everything ran smoothly. It was nice to shoot some steel, it was a nice change. We also shot on the 22 range, which was cool too.

A great range trip, I look forward to going back; highly recommended.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I went for the very last time last weekend. All was going well until I was informed that I could not shoot at my Viking Tactics targets. The ones with the torso and the faint gray skeletal and vital organs superimposed. Said it looked too human. I asked him wtf the green torso targets that they sell there were but just got a blank stare.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I went for the very last time last weekend. All was going well until I was informed that I could not shoot at my Viking Tactics targets. The ones with the torso and the faint gray skeletal and vital organs superimposed. Said it looked too human. I asked him wtf the green torso targets that they sell there were but just got a blank stare.

Careful Dave! Don't call out derp island!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Careful Dave! Don't call out derp island!

I have a friend who is a RO out there. He was just as mystified as I was. The "boss", he was called, said it had a face, so it is a no-go. I thought to myself WTF are we even doing on the pistol line if we're not practicing to defend ourselves by shooting a phuqing HUMAN! But then I remember machinegun Kelly out there who brings ClassIII goodies out just to empty magazines right into the berm. :dunno: So I just said ok, packed my **** and left.

And for the record, this is the human in question:
    attachment.php

Last edited:

Sig66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2016
    NOLA Westbank
    That's ridiculous, to say the least! Very odd for a RO at a gun range to be that extreme. I could understand if it was an actual Hillary Clinton picture-target, ok, I can see the logic there, but that VTAC is not 'offensive'.
    Wow!

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    very strange as I went there on November 6 and the guy and gal next us was shooting that same target and no one said anything to him.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I don't think it's strange at all. The collective idiocy of the RO's out there coupled with their high and mighty attitude is why I haven't been to honey island in over two years. That place could shut down and I wouldn't care.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    very strange as I went there on November 6 and the guy and gal next us was shooting that same target and no one said anything to him.

And I've shot the plate rack with a pistol caliber carbine before, but just as it's been proven in this thread, it's whatever the RO of the day says at that specific time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom