Hornady Premium Survival Ammo - Time Critical

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Does somebody no something I don't brownells sent email telling me to prepare for zombies. The sattelite that fell from space landed in some lake in Ohio and is making anyone who drank the water sick. Now hornady is doing this, either its a nationwide marketing campaign or they know something I don't.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Soft, rotted skin + rapid expansion and fragmentation = bloody mess.

They actually give ballistic info on this stuff?

Problem is, you can blow off arms and legs and most of the ribcage and they'll just keep coming. Hence the groundlings in Black Ops. CNS shots or belt fed machine guns are the only true options.

I'm buying a full combat load's worth and keeping in my bob, just in case!

of course, it really depends on what Kind of zombies are coming, I guess. There are the ones infected with a rage virus, fast movers, Very Dangerous, but ultimately can bleed out with a center mass shot. This ammo would probably be pretty good for that: ie low recoil, accurate.
    There's also the true walking dead, dead flesh reanimated by the supernatural urge to eat brains. only way to stop them is head shot or total body mutilation. This ammo would also be easy to use for headshots.

I think hornady is threading the needle, Either kind of zombie can be engaged effectively!

dos gris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    I've got to read up on this stuff. Can you become infected by airborne blood products? If so, then you need to engage at range right? Maybe look towards the rifle Z-Max offerings? If you need to resort to defending at pistol ranges then it is too late (unless you have an TSD approved RMR red dot and can hit at a thousand yards with your 9mm)?

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Im amazed how much you people know about zombies... I've never even seen one to test these theories. It makes me want to go on a african safari so I can kill one of these exotic creatures for my self.

DAUC

running from safety
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA
    So are you really not supposed to use this as self defense ammo against living humans?

dos gris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Given the recent reports of Hornady's lousy quality control, maybe... or maybe not.

Reports from whom? Internet Zombies? The Undead come in all forms and have forum accounts too you know.

Some people are Unbelievably Uninformed about the Undead.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Reports from whom? Internet Zombies? The Undead come in all forms and have forum accounts too you know.

Some people are Unbelievably Uninformed about the Undead.

+1.
    They are on college campus, in the DMV, OWS protesters, at DNC campaign rallies, on Internet forums and even in our own White House.

Holy ****, Z day is already here!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    So Hornady is cleaning out their QC rejects and making profit? And putting a warning on the box that keeps people from complaining (so you weren't shooting at Zombies therefore the warranty is void...read the box...). Sounds like good business sense to me.
    I'd be tempted to pick up a box just for the box! It might be fun to just leave on the counter as a conversation starter and to watch the neighbors freak when they come over.

dos gris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    OTOH, I think it irresponsible of a semi-major ammunition maker to come out with a goofy, non-professional product/ad campaign... when antis are looking for ANYTHING of that nature to seize upon and denigrate the industry and its end-users.

I get your point, but that sort of leads to letting the anti's be in the driver's seat.

Could be that Hornady is just having some fun- that alone is enough to send the libs into high dungeon. Influencing gullible kids and all that.

Top Bottom