How about a lesson in "why you should not consent to a search."

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Posted by a friend of mine on another board.

For the second time, I've found drugs stashed from a previous owner in my vehicle. Both vehicles were bought online, one from SNI, one from NOSR. Alex and I have been driving this car for over a year like this. It would have been great had I been searched at a traffic stop. "I swear, officer, I have no idea where that came from."

Long story short, get your damn stash out of the car before you sell it.

E.J.

Under the dash board in the harness, assorted stuff in a pill bottle. I was under there to fix a clutch switch.

I'm not trying to start a cop bashing thread, war, etc, just saying that there are reasons why certain protections are in place. I doubt a cop would even look there but you never know...

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    OH you can fight that from MANY different angles! Sad thing about it YOU WILL NOT WIN on any of them!
    Think about this......you buy a used car for your own teenage child, same issue comes up "While working on a discribed problem your child tells you about and you find the same hidden treasure" When you confront the child and he/she SWEARS it's not their's and has no idea where it came from.

What do YOU do? Does the innocent child have a snowball chance in hell? BE HONEST!

Last edited:

lefty

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Hattiesburg, MS
    a guy from my hometown got caught paying one of his workers to stash some crack in his wifes gas cap during their divorce. he later called to the police to report his wife, the employee rolled on him in the end and he served a little time.

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    My dad had a couple brothers who were "dumb" in their younger years...they turned out fine in the end.

After one had borrowed his car, my dad went to a shooting range where lots of LEO congregated. One of them asked my dad if he had a spare pencil. My dad went to get one out of the glovebox and a brick of MJ fell out right in the midst officers. Luckily for him, they were not at an angle to see that.

My dad took it home and flushed it down the toilet bit by bit.

It could have been devastating.

tkeey514

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Mandeville
    I have heard of people taking used cars that they just bought the the local SO and get them to search the vehicle with the K-9 just to be sure.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Posted by a friend of mine on another board.

I'm not trying to start a cop bashing thread, war, etc, just saying that there are reasons why certain protections are in place. I doubt a cop would even look there but you never know...

VERY valid.

Damn... How would you even fight that in court?

You dont, the only chance you have is to get the previous owner to admit that they were theirs...otherwise you are toast.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Years ago in CA. many a drug runner walked. They were smart enough to buy vehicles from the feds which were confiscated in drug bust.
    "Senoir,not my drugs." Must have been missed during the original bust.

I personally bought a pair of used bucket seats and placed them in a shed for storage. Months go by,sell them to a customer and then discover they came with a "stash' of pot. Luckily it wasn't a leo.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    There are also Drug detection dogs for hire in private sector, there is a group out of Harahan, LA and a group in B. Rouge, if you are that concerned, I would doubt they would charge that much if you went to their facility, did have a friend buy a bass boat from an auction stashed with weed in false floor compartment, they had a great party

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I thiunk I'll move to Ethiopia, you don't have to worry about car searches there. There ain't no cars. Heh heh heh.

Come to think of it, there ain't no food either. If that's true then I guess there ain't no need for toilet paper.

Last edited:

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    I doubt a cop would even look there but you never know...

That is one of the first places I look, amongst others...When folks get their hiding places off of youtube "NEVERGETBUSTED". It makes it easy.

It those cases it would be the suxs, but have your local SO do a K-9 search after purchasing, or before... Just drive up to the office and ask..

Last edited:

firefighter9158

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Gonzales
    never consent to a search, years ago someone called the s.o. and told them that i was going to meet a guy and buy drugs. later that night i was pulled over by undercover narcs.. i got out of my truck,locked the doors,put the keys in my pocket. the cop said that they received a ''Tip'' that i had drugs in the truck.(i did not ) he said he was going to search my truck, and wanted me to ''consent'' to the search. i told him to get screwed, that unless he had a warrant to search, he wasn't doing **** to my truck, he then stated he would get a warrant to search. ( it was 2:30 a.m) i told him if he could get a warrant typed and signed by a judge within the next 30 min.( i had been detained for 30 min. so far,) that he could search. when he realized that, that was not possible, he gave me my lic. back. i then told him to have a good night, got in my truck and drove off. later i found out that the person that gave the ''Tip'' was a reserve cop from the P.D that did not like me. Know your rights, it can save you a lot of trouble!!

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    never consent to a search, years ago someone called the s.o. and told them that i was going to meet a guy and buy drugs. later that night i was pulled over by undercover narcs.. i got out of my truck,locked the doors,put the keys in my pocket. the cop said that they received a ''Tip'' that i had drugs in the truck.(i did not ) he said he was going to search my truck, and wanted me to ''consent'' to the search. i told him to get screwed, that unless he had a warrant to search, he wasn't doing **** to my truck, he then stated he would get a warrant to search. ( it was 2:30 a.m) i told him if he could get a warrant typed and signed by a judge within the next 30 min.( i had been detained for 30 min. so far,) that he could search. when he realized that, that was not possible, he gave me my lic. back. i then told him to have a good night, got in my truck and drove off. later i found out that the person that gave the ''Tip'' was a reserve cop from the P.D that did not like me. Know your rights, it can save you a lot of trouble!!

Not bashing your post, Warrants can be had via phone, and there is duty judges for those special "on call" situations.

Alexandria PD uses those phone/email warrants, for DWI cases....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Guel24
    Top Bottom