How do you list your emergency contacts in your cell phone

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    For example, I list my wife and , WIFE and Mom as MOM, and such..
    I remember there was a phone I looked at once and they listed, something like ICE and a number.. ICE=in case of emergency..

How does the responding LEO or paramedic look at your cellphone determine who to call? if you are disabled?

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Spec is listed as "Jody O'Neal - ICE", my daughter is listed as "Name - daughter", and then there's just "Mom" and "Dad". It's all pretty self explanatory so I don't sweat them wondering who to call. Ideally sure I'd like my husband to be first contact and if I'm dead on the side of the road "daughter" is going to give them a heads up who they're dealing with considering they correctly guesstimate my approximate age. And "Mom", "Dad" are always listed as secondary emergency contacts on medical forms. So it all shakes out in the end.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Scroll through the list and call the first immediate relative? You're not talking rocket surgery here.

Ok I guess I have to explain my question for the smart ass..

Usually its bad form to call someone from a cell phone and say, oh by the way, you don't know me but your daughter or son or nephew are involved in a wreck and they are going to so and so..

I do not know the procedure , how are they to know your first immediate relative if they are listed differently, by a name or some other way.. THIS IS THE REASON I ASKED>>

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Most people don't list their relatives with full names on their phones also.
    Like my brother is listed as Mark D.
    I think I will make an ICE list but I'm going to fully spell it out as in:
    In Case OF Emergency

IF I put Ice on there they might think its my crystal meth connection, lol.

BRMedic

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Henderson, CO
    For example, I list my wife and , WIFE and Mom as MOM, and such..
    I remember there was a phone I looked at once and they listed, something like ICE and a number.. ICE=in case of emergency..

How does the responding LEO or paramedic look at your cellphone determine who to call? if you are disabled?

I dont. Hospital will.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    I ride a motorcycle and have my IPhone set up with a contact listed emergency. Next to the contact is a description of specifics associated with the number such as work#, cell#, etc. I edited it so it says her name, wife.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    My phone's 1st entry is "+ In Case Of Emergency" and shows a list of names/numbers with their names spelled out and I added a hyphen and their relationship so the list looks like so:

Terri xxxxxx-WIFE
    Ronni xxxxxxx-AUNT
    Leah xxxxxx-MOM in law

I have them ordered as I want them called/notified.

Last edited:

Alpo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Redneck Riviera
    When I first heard of ICE, several years ago, I put my ICE in front of my daughter's and my mother's numbers. BOOM. They were the first numbers on my phone. ICE daughter's name and ICE Mama.

When I got my new phone, I put them in. They weren't first. They were in the "I"s.:( Changed 'em again. Now it says, "a ICE daughter's name". "aa ICE daughter's husband's name". Now they are first on the list, again.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Ours are ICE first, so they're all grouped together.

We also have WHALE on my wife's car for our son. (We Have A Little Emergency) It has contact and pertinent information in case the driver is incapacitated with my son in the car. It's a small sticker on the window with a large yellow information sticker on the carseat

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ok I guess I have to explain my question for the smart ass..

Usually its bad form to call someone from a cell phone and say, oh by the way, you don't know me but your daughter or son or nephew are involved in a wreck and they are going to so and so..

I do not know the procedure , how are they to know your first immediate relative if they are listed differently, by a name or some other way.. THIS IS THE REASON I ASKED>>

That's bad form? Really? I must not have the up-to-date version of "Field Manual of Proper Manners and Etiquette." Of all of the contacts in my phone that aren't listed as businesses, I can think of maybe one that wouldn't go out of their way to let the right person know something was up and that is only because she doesn't know anyone else in my contacts list. I would have imagine most are in the same position; therefore, it matters not.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom