How much did Christmas cost $$$

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • petingrass

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Orleans area
    110 for upgrade on a flight in october for mom. 50 on exofficio underpants for dad.35 for miscellaneous gag gifts for the inlaws. Nothing for me but I did get a few things. What's all the food and liquor my brother consumed while he was staying with me.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Wife $250ish
    Her birthday is 4 days after Christmas so I have to prepare for round two.
    Roughly $200 on each of our two children who are 4 and 7.

But that can vary depending on circumstances.

BR55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    I didn't really spend much on family this year.
    I did treat myself to a new Crimson Trace laser from my EDC pistol. That set me back about $230.

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    Right around $1,200 not including travel money. Next year however will be much worse. My wife is due in June with our first born and the first born grandchild on either side of the family. I can already imagine the haul this kid is going to get based off the presents he/she got this Christmas.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    not much, me and the wife never buy each other presents. kids are easy to please. I could spend 1000, I could spend 100, they would be just as happy. I guess It was around $300 for both. Really it was nice enough not having to work this year.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I actually got off good for the most part this year. What wife asked for only cost me a little over $100, everything jr asked for and then some was maybe 400, all the rest maybe another 300, but we just got another house and dropped maybe 10 grand at moving in and I bought another jeep. Either way, I am broke again!

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I should probably keep my mouth shut and please refrain from a retort as I don't care but this thread as a whole shows poor form. Should I feel less of a person if I spent less than you? Should you feel less of a man if I was able to afford more than you for my family? The fact of the matter is its none of your business what I spent and focusing on dollar values just shows that the true meaning of Christmas has been lost. You could have given your mother say a photo book of her family, kids, grandkids, husband ect., that cost nothing more than photo paper and ink in book you hand made with your kids (her grandkids) to put it in, and it could have meant more to her than if you gave her a German car with a red bow on top. Or maybe someone on here saved $10 a month all year to buy his wife some shoes because she needed them and thats all they could afford. And you know what those shoes, to go to work next year, meant more to her and him than the thousands of dollars and tens of frivolous gifts the "rich" neighbor down the road bought his wife. The commercialization of Christmas has really tainted the true meaning.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom