Howa rifles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Weatherby Vanguards are made by Howa. So have some other brands like S&W 1500 IIRC. They made triggers for many also.

Good rifle. It just comes down to your plans for it. They take the same sight base as Rem700 so that is a convenience.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I bought one and never shot it, as I sold it because it was not what I wanted after I got it in my hands. I did lots of research and just about everything I read was favorable. They have the kits to add a 10 round magazine plus lots of aftermarket stock options. They are accurate and the action was very smooth. The trigger seemed good also. The guy I sold it to contacted me after he shot it and he was very happy with it.

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    I've been looking at them too. I like the package they had with the scope and Hogue stock for $500 a couple months back. I know Howa has been making rifles for the Japanese Army for probably 100yrs so they definately know what they are doing.

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    I saw one in BassPro yesterday... caught my attention... was on sale and came with a nice scope. May get one this week, as my first rifle.

Top Bottom