I.C.E came banging on my door a couple of hours ago because of a Facebook post i post

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Weird they would come at all.I was told by 8 LEO and 2 different lawyers that Louisiana had no statue or laws controlling what anyone says to anyone.They said LA was one of few states that had no laws regarding anyone saying whatever they wanted to anyone ,such as a neighbor,friend,FB,,etc...In fact Ive had officers come to my home and tell me that the guy next door could come over in my yard,tell me to FM,,and tell me he was going to kill me and my family and there was no law against it.The only thing they could do,as LEO,would be to have me file trespassing charges and that would be it. A simple misdemeanor.SO not sure why any ice or any other leo would be at your home.No law against anything you say to anyone.Anything is allowed,period.Remember that is by 8 different LEO and 2 different attorneys.!!!!! So if it is any different ,then maybe they should explain it to LEO.Or better yet,explain it to me.I lived up north for many years.If you even said you were going to kill anyone,you would be in jail very quickly.I think they call it a death threat ,IDK for sure the exact name of it.

I think you've been told wrong.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    For some reason Doug Hughes comes to mind. He is the guy the that flew his ultralight onto the Whitehouse lawn. Supposedly he said he was going to do it before doing it and no one took him seriously. Then he did it. ( I am not ready to post up any research on who he notified and how he notified them)

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Weird they would come at all.I was told by 8 LEO and 2 different lawyers that Louisiana had no statue or laws controlling what anyone says to anyone.They said LA was one of few states that had no laws regarding anyone saying whatever they wanted to anyone ,such as a neighbor,friend,FB,,etc...In fact Ive had officers come to my home and tell me that the guy next door could come over in my yard,tell me to FM,,and tell me he was going to kill me and my family and there was no law against it.The only thing they could do,as LEO,would be to have me file trespassing charges and that would be it. A simple misdemeanor.SO not sure why any ice or any other leo would be at your home.No law against anything you say to anyone.Anything is allowed,period.Remember that is by 8 different LEO and 2 different attorneys.!!!!! So if it is any different ,then maybe they should explain it to LEO.Or better yet,explain it to me.I lived up north for many years.If you even said you were going to kill anyone,you would be in jail very quickly.I think they call it a death threat ,IDK for sure the exact name of it.

The advice given to you was VERY wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

Not hard to find 8 LEO's and 2 lawyers that don't know the laws.
    Remember this was I.C.E. not locals

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge

Here is just one.

§103. Disturbing the peace
    A. Disturbing the peace is the doing of any of the following in such manner as would foreseeably disturb or alarm the public:
    (1) Engaging in a fistic encounter; or
    (2) Addressing any offensive, derisive, or annoying words to any other person who is lawfully in any street, or other public place; or call him by any offensive or derisive name, or make any noise or exclamation in his presence and hearing with the intent to deride, offend, or annoy him, or to prevent him from pursuing his lawful business, occupation, or duty; or
    (3) Appearing in an intoxicated condition; or
    (4) Engaging in any act in a violent and tumultuous manner by any three or more persons; or
    (5) Holding of an unlawful assembly; or
    (6) Interruption of any lawful assembly of people; or
    (7) Intentionally engaging in any act or any utterance, gesture, or display designed to disrupt a funeral, funeral route, or burial of a deceased person during the period beginning one hundred twenty minutes before and ending one hundred twenty minutes after the funeral or burial, within three hundred feet of the funeral or burial.
    (8)(a) Intentionally blocking, impeding, inhibiting, or in any other manner obstructing or interfering with a funeral route.
    (b) Intentionally blocking, impeding, inhibiting, or in any other manner obstructing or interfering, within five hundred feet, with access into or from any building or parking lot of a building in which a funeral or burial is being conducted, or any burial plot or the parking lot of the cemetery in which a funeral or burial is being conducted, during the period beginning one hundred twenty minutes before and ending one hundred twenty minutes after the funeral or burial.
    B.(1) Whoever commits the crime of disturbing the peace shall be fined not more than one hundred dollars or imprisoned for not more than ninety days, or both.
    (2) Whoever commits the crime of disturbing the peace as provided for in Paragraphs (A)(7) and (8) of this Section shall be fined not more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned for not more than six months, or both.
    C. For purposes of Paragraphs (A)(7) and (8) of this Section:
    (1) "Funeral" includes a funeral, funeral home viewing, wake, or memorial service.
    (2) "Funeral route" means the route of ingress or egress from the location of a funeral or burial, including thirty feet from the outer edge of the outside lane of the route.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington

I suggest you read up on Louisiana Revised Statutes 14:36-14:38 as well. When doing so bear in mind the legal standard of objective reasonableness is based on the subjective knowledge of the victim at the time of the offense.

Any and all who told you that is ignorant, lazy or both.

You also now owe me a 6 pack of Blue Moon, a Fresh Florida Orange, and a Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 6x60. :D

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA

....what? not sure whether to laugh or.... yeah, ill laugh.

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    I suggest you read up on Louisiana Revised Statutes 14:36-14:38 as well. When doing so bear in mind the legal standard of objective reasonableness is based on the subjective knowledge of the victim at the time of the offense.

Any and all who told you that is ignorant, lazy or both.

You also now owe me a 6 pack of Blue Moon, a Fresh Florida Orange, and a Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 6x60. :D

Well all of the 8 were sheriffs office deputy's.And all said the same thing.I did however say exactly that : about the disturbing the peace,having the right to a peaceful existence.All 8 officers and both attorneys said almost the exact same words as one another,and that was,nothing you can say or holler at anyone that will get you arrested,period.Believe me when I say the guy threatened me and said he was going to kill my dog,,family,etc.I'm not concerned about it.I am the sheriff of my own 10 acres.There are a lot of things that can be considered weapons,,sticks,,bricks,,etc... just laying around.I just find it sad that many LEO and attorneys are in agreement.I am going to look up Louisiana Revised Statutes 14:36-14:38 and carry on with my life !!!! Thanks ta2d_cop

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Like others have posted, I don't know why ICE would have been involved in this situation? Maybe I'm missing something.
    I scratched my head back in April when there was a nut shooting off a shotgun near Lakeside Regional in Covington. Couldn't understand why the ATF was responding to this incident. http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/04/armed_deputies_police_officers.html

You are missing something , specifically the previous post informing you of the mission of ICE.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    You are missing something , specifically the previous post informing you of the mission of ICE.

OK, went back and re-read the posts.
    Still don't know why ATF was responding in Covington though. Guess it was a slow day at their office and they wanted to get outside.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    OK, went back and re-read the posts.
    Still don't know why ATF was responding in Covington though. Guess it was a slow day at their office and they wanted to get outside.

ICE? Are you confused by the fact they responded to "Covington" or confused by them responding period? They have jurisdiction and it falls under their mission, that should about sum it up.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Sorry. I changed the subject from ICE to the ATF. They were the agency I was talking about responding to the incident in Covington that I linked to.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Here's the deal,a group of ice agents along with 2 Jpso sherffis officers came banging on my door at 1am. one of the agents was kind of disrespectful and aggressive but i cooperated with them and answered any questions they asked..this isn't the first problem I had this year.first issue I had was houma auto parts accused me of buying "to many guns" (im sorry but I have money and I love guns so I do infact by a lot of guns)and refused to serve me anymore because "they didn't want the headache of dealing with the atf,I was told the ATF did an audit on them and "dropped some names and told them to not sell any more weapons to "certain people".when I asked if I was one of those people he said no and started to come up with a bunch of other story's that I don't feel like getting into now.i already have a thread up on my experience with that..
    Another thing,I don't get on facebook a lot and I don't comment on posts and start **** and say stupid ****,ICE came to my house because of the facebook comment I made which was "me and my buddy's are also planning on cominging to counter protest and express our 1st and 2nd amendment rights..the protest was btw a freedom of speech and a "express our 2nd amendment rights protest" so I don't beleive I didn't anything wrong..im sharing my experience with yall and I could careless if anyone believes it,only proof I had that they came was the card I was givin from one of the ice agents that I threw away but ended up taking it out the trash and keeping it just incase I actually do happen to run into someone who is threating to do a terriost attack,atleast ill know who to call if I had that info..
    I want to add that I have property in THE MIDDLE EAST and I travel to jersulem from time to time so maybe I was on there radar from the beginning and not realizing it due to my travels..

I would expect a place like russia or the Middle East secret police to come banging on people's doors late at night for questioning someone over a facebook post.Also I know I could of slammed the doors in there face but I have nothing to hide and if all they want to do is talk then I'll talk to the point where I know I won't say anything that can possibly backfire and incriminate myself..
    I'm on my phone so I apologize for any misspelled words because I don't feel like going back and proof reading what I wrote..bayoushooters phone website isn't all that great

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    What good came from talking to them? It was 1AM. They did not advise the OP of his rights. They did not produce a warrant. They likely woke the entire neighborhood, and arose suspicions among his neighbors.

And yes they woke up the whole neghiborhood and I was pretty embarrassed the next morning with my neighbors asking me what happen..these guys where spread through my whole lawn and one was all the way on the side of my house

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    And I will also admit that I was freaking terrified seeing all those agents Infront of my house but honestly if they do that Sht again I will politely ask them to GTFO off my property and maybe give them my phone number so they can call me and we can meet on my terms,if it was so easy for them to track my house adress im sure they could of tracked my cell and gave me a heads up that they were coming over..these guys were plain cloths and if it wasn't for the 2 Jpso deputies I could of thought that they were some thugs trying to attemp an home invasion robbery..it's nowonder you here about plain cloths officers getting shot,there's no way to tell who's who especially at 1am when I'm half asleep

Top Bottom