I Got News For The Sheriffs Office

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    You know how many UNMARKED cars have been sold to Civilians lately? I know 4 guys who have them from the Crown Vics to the Impala's. Look just like Cop Cars, except it's just another civilian in it.

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    How can you mix firefighter lights with police lights?

One uses RED/White (green in some States) and the other one uses BLUE/WHite, sirens are completely diferent as well.

Kinna lost here.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    How can you mix firefighter lights with police lights?

One uses RED/White (green in some States) and the other one uses BLUE/WHite, sirens are completely diferent as well.

Kinna lost here.

I was told the Blue lights were recently approved for firefighters in La.

simplyorange

None Other Than.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Dutchtown
    this guys was mostly red with a single blue that was not visible until i got out of my truck, that was anoher discussion we had on the side of the road.

oh and in this area figherfighters are red/white, parish cops are red blue and white, and troopers are blue and white, only green i have seen in my parish is on ambulances who are red/green/white maybe yellow. also he had no siren. i forgot to mention he did not write the ticket because he was off duty...and the on duty that he called refused to write the ticket.

Last edited:

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    The question still hasn't been answered here! Am I supposed to stop for a car/truck/SUV with flashing lights, but in no way resembles a police unit?

Here' the answer

14 :108.1. Flight from an officer; aggravated flight from an officer

A. No driver of a motor vehicle or operator of a watercraft shall intentionally refuse to bring a vehicle or watercraft to a stop knowing that he has been given a visual and audible signal to stop by a police officer when the officer has reasonable grounds to believe that the driver has committed an offense. The signal shall be given by an emergency light and a siren on a vehicle marked as a police vehicle or marked police watercraft.

slacker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Red Stick
    well, not to go to deep into it, but long ago in my youth i was pulled over multiple times by unmarked cars, one was a red camaro, one was ford truck, they wanted to search my car etc. it happens if you are leaving the wrong guys house, at the wrong time of day. i once even had a whole posse of unmarked cars show up to search my cars and yard. they are definitely out there with personal plates.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I remember in my youth, the local PD of a small town in Indiana had a 11 second fox mustang that was built to catch the street racers.. they were effective ..

Duck Jenkins

Lone Wolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    NO/LA Area
    Here' the answer

A. No driver of a motor vehicle or operator of a watercraft shall intentionally refuse to bring a vehicle or watercraft to a stop knowing that he has been given a visual and audible signal to stop by a police officer when the officer has reasonable grounds to believe that the driver has committed an offense. The signal shall be given by an emergency light and a siren on a vehicle marked as a police vehicle or marked police watercraft.

Next question, what defines "marked"?

BobKaro

Yellow Boxes? Sweet!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Youngsville, LA
    "After losing the two previous vehicles we had been issued, the only car the department was willing to release to us at this point was an unmarked 1987 Yugo, a Yugoslavian import donated to the department as a test vehicle by the government of that country and reflecting the cutting edge of Serbo-Croatian technology." - Joe Friday

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    Unmarked vehicles often have "personal plates" also referred to as "dead plates". It is OK. People often assume the worst of leo. They were probably in hot pursuit of the Krispie Creme truck. Next time listen on your scanner so you can report it to IA.

;)

I've got to confirm the donut jokes as true. For a couple of years, I was in charge of the donuts. Give away free donuts, coffee, and soft drinks, you become a place the cops want to hang out, and you've got cheap security.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    Here' the answer

Legal or not is one matter; good judgment is another. If you're going to do cop things, look unmistakably like a cop or you'll cause a heap of ****.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    i got pulled over by a ford ranger in ascension because he was riding my ass while im doing 5 over the speedlimit and i gave him the bird.so he proceeds to turn on his lights, they honestly looked like firefighter lights so i wait until i get to a lighted 4 way stop and prepare to have a man to man talk with the supposed figherfighter and am informed that he was an undercover cop and i was going to get a ticket for evading etc. little does he know i was CC and his life was in extreme danger at 12:00 midnight pulling that stunt.long story short..i didnt get a ticket after some very strong words.but his ego put is life in jeopardy.

Sounds like he wasn't too undercover. Maybe he needed a tranfer

HRBR1800

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Legal or not is one matter; good judgment is another. If you're going to do cop things, look unmistakably like a cop or you'll cause a heap of ****.

That statute makes it look like you don't have to stop for a random car with flashing lights.
    The statute makes it seem like the car must not only have lights and siren but also have markings independent of the lights and siren.

Top Bottom