i hate shopping for new truck/suv... help?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    update: went to the dealership twice this week and drove the tacoma and the 4runner.

I really, really, really like the trail edition 4runner. my decision now is largely based on needing the bed or the extra cushy suv. For a similar price, that 4runner is quite an improvement over former model toyota suv's. I was really shocked at its factory offroad capability, especially considering its without lockers.

One or either will be my purchase.

fyi- talking to accounting today. if company is paying 50% of my lease (as they said they would) I'll lease and make sure a buy-out option is included. if company won't, i'll be buying the truck and giving them 'old faithful'- should be a solid 5-6k trade. USAA has 0.5% financing for 48mos now... hard to pass that up.

Damn good deal. What kind of work do you do to where they'll pay half of your lease? I would assume it involves a lot of travel.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    most positions here do require a bit of travel, but mine does not. only reason they offered to cover half is because when a company vehicle that we are currently mid lease on was offered to me, I told them I didn't need it. They gave it to a newly hired exec as a perk and made the offer that in the future they'd split the cost with me if I changed my mind.

Now i've got to do math on splitting lease then buying VS just buying it myself at 0%.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Get the 4runner. They're pricey, but you'll get to use that space a lot more often, probably weekly or even daily vs a few times a year. Really having the cargo capacity of the 4runner should be enough to eliminate those couple times a year you would need a pickup, except for moving a refrigerator or a couch or a pile of ****. Use someone else's truck for that ;)

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Get the 4runner. They're pricey, but you'll get to use that space a lot more often, probably weekly or even daily vs a few times a year. Really having the cargo capacity of the 4runner should be enough to eliminate those couple times a year you would need a pickup, except for moving a refrigerator or a couch or a pile of ****. Use someone else's truck for that ;)

exactly the argument i made to the wife and salesman, almost word for word.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cruisewitro
    Top Bottom