I just got a vasectomy. Any questions or comments?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Follow the doctors orders. You'll start feeling better by tomorrow, but believe me one wrong move will remind you real quick to take it easy. It took about two weeks for me to get back to 100% normal. The only lingering weirdness I have is sometimes after doing the deed it'll actually feel like I have blue balls since the boys are ramping up production and it has no where to go. It's like opposite blue balls.

I just turned in my first sample for testing yesterday, just waiting to hear the results. :x:

If you have to take a second sample in, be creative with the container. I thought a baby food jar was rather funny!

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    The shot goes in the sac right on top of the vas deferens the only good thing is they only have to stick you once, then they maneuver the needle around to reach the other tube.
    This depends on the doctor. Some make 1 cut, some make 2. My doctor made 2 and I didn't have any of the swelling, bruising or feel the pulling while it was being done. Highly reccommend 2 cuts.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Thank God my wife is totally cool with the IUD. When the time comes I'll do the deed but in the mean time I only get poked on the deep strokes. I'm cool with that...

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    The actual procedure wasn't that bad, but right now I'm hopped up on vicodin and bourbon and the pain is creeping in.

Strongly considering.

Total time to recovery (when it happens)?
    Total cost out of pocket if done without insurance?
    Pain of actual procedure (as compared with having a tooth filled under local)?
    Odds of "failure" given you by the physician performing?
    Odds of permanent trauma/impact on performance as given?
    Change in type/volume/color/etc. of ejaculate? (I'm sorry, but I just could not deal with watching my piece dry-heave all over the place. I know that won't be the case obviously as only the sperm is what component is not ejaculated (hopefully!), but will you still be able to impress the ladies 100% the same with the show, or will it have a funky color or something to it without sperm?)
    Your initial thoughts upon seeing that bovie sparking and cutting and burning it's way through your stuff?

Sorry for all the odd questions, but it's stuff I care about, and if I have this done, it's stuff I will be taking into account.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Well, my progeny are not the ones that need their population controlled. I only raise productive citizens and members of society. I say you can have your food stamps, TAMF, and section eight housing, but it will cost you sterilization.

You're lucky. I know some absolutely awesome parents and all of their kids turn out great...except one, who goes and deals dope, shoots people, and is in jail. A lot of it IS on the parent, but some things are just beyond control, I think. You get a bad apple now and then, so I try not to judge a parent by the child without further evidence.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Strongly considering.

Change in type/volume/color/etc. of ejaculate? (I'm sorry, but I just could not deal with watching my piece dry-heave all over the place. I know that won't be the case obviously as only the sperm is what component is not ejaculated (hopefully!), but will you still be able to impress the ladies 100% the same with the show, or will it have a funky color or something to it without sperm?)
    Your initial thoughts upon seeing that bovie sparking and cutting and burning it's way through your stuff?

Sorry for all the odd questions, but it's stuff I care about, and if I have this done, it's stuff I will be taking into account.

You're in your 20's and don't have any kids. Are you retarded? Anyway...

Total downtime is about a week. It's not very painful...though it seems worse just because it's an area you spend your whole life protecting. It's not a sharp pain though. Grab your balls and squeeze them until it hurts. That's about it, for about 30 minutes straight. Same pain during healing as well, though much milder. I think the worst part of the whole thing was the cauterizing of the vas. Very weird pain and a smell that stuck with me for days.

I was nervous as hell going to the office, but the valium they supplied made everything okay. I was laughing and surfing BS on my phone during the procedure. The doctor said "Okay one down, let's start the next one." I said "Wow, awesome." Then he said "Just kidding you're all done." It was that easy.

I think my doc gave a 99.9% success rate. Even so, my doc offers free "comfort" tests for life. Bring him a sample and he'll take you to the lab and check it on the spot. Great for paranoid people or people wondering why the hell their wife is pregnant. :o

Absolutely nothing changes post-surgery. All it does it cut the hose. Your balls don't know the difference. No change in hormones, libedo, nothing. Ejaculate looks exactly the same, same volume.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    Strongly considering.

Are you going to have the doctor bash your balls with a pmag and lancer mag to determine which one works better?

Sorry, I just read through that mag thread and it made me laugh for some reason.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom