I miss The Ground Patti

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    Both locations of Deano's have great hamburgers and cheeseburgers. Southside Bakery on W. Congress are also good.

I was never too keen on them. Kind of 'meh' to me.

I've tried both the 'original' there on Johnston and the ones that're part of the chain - very different menus. Both of them are kinda unimpressive. Good burgers, don't get me wrong, I'll be happy to eat there, but for the "woohoo" of burgers I just don't think so.

Then again, I tried thinking about where a real good burger would be in Lafayette and I can't recall where I've gotten a damned fine burger - I tend to just make my own at home when I want something specific and awesome.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Riverside Patty and Dearman's were responsible for me gaining at least 20 pounds when I worked in Baton Rouge. I remember one of my co-workers trying to tell me that you couldn't finish a whole Riverside Patty burger with fries. Sure buddy! Of course, I was in my late 20s/early 30s then. Now grease impacts me in ways that I won't type out. :(

stag0608

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Luling, La
    What about Judice Inn? It's been years since I've eaten there but from what I can remember it was pretty good.

Last edited:

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    What about Judice Inn? It's been years since I've eaten there but from what I can remember it was pretty good.

I like Judice Inn. Totally different from Ground Patti, but very good. Judice Inn is more like your drive inn type burger cooked on griddle.
    Ground Patti has that flame broiled goodness.

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    Always loved ground patti as a kid. Remebered them for the peanuts, awesome shredded cheese on the burger, the pickle, and some great memories of going there with my folks. Took my son to the one in Covington a while back, they were ok but it was probably 20 years since eating at the one I went to with my parents when we lived in Metairie. There is a Lee's Hamburgers in Covington by Zea's, ate there once and they were good.

Dixie_Amazon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Riverside Patty and Dearman's were responsible for me gaining at least 20 pounds when I worked in Baton Rouge. I remember one of my co-workers trying to tell me that you couldn't finish a whole Riverside Patty burger with fries. Sure buddy! Of course, I was in my late 20s/early 30s then. Now grease impacts me in ways that I won't type out. :(
    Roul's "Juicy Juicy" burger hasn't helped me a bit either.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I definitely loved ground patti back in the day....Bud Broilers is probably a better option, as well as, Lee's Hamburgers in Slidell....LEGIT

Is Bud's still open? #5 with hickory sauce and cheese and a Falstaff while I'm waiting brings back fond memories.

I was disappointed in my last two visits to Dearmon's (sp?). The meat they use isn't that good.

What-A-Burger is the best of the chains, IMHO.

:eh:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Many, but not all, of the Bud's locations re-opened after Katrina. The one on City Park Avenue then had a big fire and closed for awhile but is now open again.

dydog4566

LA CHP Instructor # 411
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Greenwell Springs,LA
    I miss Ground Patti, original location was Ardenwood, followed by Sherwood Forest, and finally Jefferson Hwy
    Heard about the one in Lafayette and plan a visit on my next trip there!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    5 guys is good but not on ground patti's level. Their fries are terrible (at least the one in Jackson, MS). The amount of grease is unbelieveable.

stag0608

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Luling, La
    Anita's in Luling next to the bingo hall is pretty good. Need to be hungry because there burgers are huge. The wife and I usually split one.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    2 weeks ago I had a burger at the Westbank Ground Patti. It was so good I walked back by the kitchen (it is open to the dinning area) and thanked the guys in the back that cooked it - it was freakin' awesome! BTW - never be afraid to thank the cooks, seems they never get a pat on the back for a good meal!!

Top Bottom