I need some information

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

amedeo1227

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    the owners name is George Peterson

his Bankrupsy Attorney is Robert Marrero @ 504-366-8025

it sums it up pretty good in the post above me, he stole from people and I will be call JPSO

ETA- i hope this helps some people

blackwater26504

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    the owners name is George Peterson

his Bankrupsy Attorney is Robert Marrero @ 504-366-8025

it sums it up pretty good in the post above me, he stole from people and I will be call JPSO

ETA- i hope this helps some people

yep yep contact me if you need any help with anything i'll do my best to help you.

Again sorry if you got caught up in his bull. I feel like **** knowing I took a lot of people's money and sold their guns without giving them something in return. Only if I had a time machine.

saiga308guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    New Orlenas
    No no! It's not about doubting you. I was just wondering how many guys like you(that don't post alot), may be in the similar situation but just don't talk about it on here.

I didnt mean anything by that, its just that on most forums you go to people with low post counts get dogged for talking bad about a particular company. And yes, this situation does suck.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    i havent been in there since it was 10-8. i dont have a stake in this... I cant edit now blackwater, it will still show up in your quote. like verm said, just being funny. Best to follow with legal actions. I need to find a sarcasm keyboard for alot of my posts..

everyone knew it was sarcasm, but it had the potential to lead us into grey territory. Don't worry about editing. It will serve as a reminder for everyone else not to "go there".

blackwater26504

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    everyone knew it was sarcasm, but it had the potential to lead us into grey territory. Don't worry about editing. It will serve as a reminder for everyone else not to "go there".

well i don't that jackass to get butthurt and take this thread down. the people need to know what the deal is. i don't mind helping those who need help if i can.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Keep it on topic guys. If you're not involved, don't comment. If you are involved and find any new info or make any progress towards resolution, please share.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Okay guys, newbie here but I just found this site. I was probably one of their last orders.....I ordered a Huntertown Guardian 22 suppressor on 1/29/13. I've been trying to call them for the past week to see if it has come in so I can finish my ATF Form 4 paperwork and there is no answer at all....FML.
    I paid with a credit card and just got off the phone with my credit card company and filed a dispute against American Freedom Firearms & Supply for charging my card and no services rendered. I did give my card co. info to contact their Bankruptcy Attorney as well. I'm beyond pi$$ed!!!
    Are their any reputable companies anymore?

Chris88

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    St Charles Parish
    Okay guys, newbie here but I just found this site. I was probably one of their last orders.....I ordered a Huntertown Guardian 22 suppressor on 1/29/13. I've been trying to call them for the past week to see if it has come in so I can finish my ATF Form 4 paperwork and there is no answer at all....FML.
    I paid with a credit card and just got off the phone with my credit card company and filed a dispute against American Freedom Firearms & Supply for charging my card and no services rendered. I did give my card co. info to contact their Bankruptcy Attorney as well. I'm beyond pi$$ed!!!t
    Are their any reputable companies anymore?

That is pretty sad.

zonblitz

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Slidell LA
    Ok guys, I have a little info. I made a claim with JPSO as did a good friend of mine. What I have been able to acertain is that the guys who worked in the shop were totally blindsided by what George Peterson has done, More to this stpry but I'll try to keep on point.
    Basically George showed up on Feb 8th and locked the employees out without paying them for their time (at the end of a pay period) meaning it appears at least George let them work an entire pay period without letting them know and then gave them the axe around payday.

The employees begged (as most of them are who we the customers interact with and have become friends) to be let back in so that they could handle consignment items and transfers, so people could either come get their items vs, being locked up in the store etc. They tried to contact as many customers as they could who had due payouts from consignments and had paid for special orders (such as supressors like me). There was a standing policy that only George place special orders, which now makes sense when I went to purchase my suppressor it wasn't ordered days after I paid for it... As I understand after hearding a few people's stories that it appears intentional that money was accepted for MONTHS for special orders and no one being allowed to order items except George and after speaking with the company about my order and another (Placed in December) WERE NEVER PLACED.

I urge everyone of you who is affected by this to make a claim with JPSO! Like Blackwater said, if he took your money and never purchased the intended item, that is THEFT, if he took your goods and sold them and kept the money, that is THEFT! Do NOT let George get away with this. Criminal intent is evident.

I'm hearing also that Roger has been trying to maintain possession of transfer NFA items until they can be transferred to their owner (waiting on paperwork) vs them getting locked away in all this mess, but last I heard from a buddy is that the bank trustee is has locked the place down at this time. I personally don't know who we can plead with to get this piece resolved...

I'm really just furious about this whole thing... I vetted this shop to a friend and now he is out $3500. My buddy sold two rifles and I know they were purchased with credit cards but with my buddy never receiving his money from George I'm curious do the police (JPSO) go after the people who purchased the weapons? My first thought is if they do then at least the Credit companies would likley refund their purchases and reverse the whole mess. no idea how long that could take...

I'm sure the guys who actually worked the store are sick about this and want to do whatever they can for us but I feel sorry for them also, getting laid off with no notice, no pay and a list of pissed off relationships to deal with... Prayers out to you guys.

FYI it seems also that the old 10-8 story was more George than the previous manager, Looks like George used a scape goat yet true colors eventually showed here recently.

Blackwater, any word on my CMAG? Did it ever sell or is it still in the shop? Appreciate any info. I hope this helps some of you.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom