Iberville Project residents cry foul for hotel implosion.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester

I thought it was funny...
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    New Orleans Area
    I heard that as they prepped the building for demolition, they found a fully operational meth lab, complete with electricity, in this building with no power.

Wonder how that job got inspected.....

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    It happened. Our babysitter's mom was a nurse in NO East and didn't get evac'd until the last minute. Her kids were with her. They got brought to the dome and the kids helped take care of some of the injuries inside the dome. It was real...

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    My dad lives in Bastrop,La. He said they bussed in a bunch of them and put them up in an abondoned Wal-Mart for a few days during a mandatory hurricane evac a few years ago. Local news went over to interview thinking they were going to be grateful. Said they bitched and complained the whole interview about the accomodations, air conditioning wasn't cold enough, the food. Oh, they also destroyed everything accessible to them.

There was one Katrina evacuee in a FEMA trailer East of Monroe who ended up getting arrested on slavery charges (yes, the word "slavery" was used). He had snatched up a girl in her early teens, kept her locked in the trailer, and was "renting" her.

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Been thinking about putting a clan together. But, I'm willing to be adopted by an established one.

Have some useful skills, knowledge and temperament. Also have a line on a doctor, mechanic, carpenter.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There was one Katrina evacuee in a FEMA trailer East of Monroe who ended up getting arrested on slavery charges (yes, the word "slavery" was used). He had snatched up a girl in her early teens, kept her locked in the trailer, and was "renting" her.

For all intents and purposes, that is, "enslavement".

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Been thinking about putting a clan together. But, I'm willing to be adopted by an established one.

Have some useful skills, knowledge and temperament. Also have a line on a doctor, mechanic, carpenter.

A rally point awaits us all, my friend! I have no doubts anymore. :wtc:

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    For all intents and purposes, that is, "enslavement".

I know, people were just surprised that the charge actually included the word "slavery" instead of "imprisonment" or something. I also remember one guy at a pawnshop who had to use a shopping cart to move all the rusty, sewage smelling guns he was selling from his car to the shop. I asked the manager about it later, and he said that unless the guns came back as stolen there wasn't anything he could do. We had several guys come into the tire shop I was working at with tires/rims they wanted to sell or us to install; all had stories that didn't add up on how they got them.

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Very few people have ever seen the extent of damage the so-called refugees from Katrina caused to the N.O. Convention Center; but it was extensive, cost millions to repair, and they stole or detroyed EVERYTHING that wasn't bolted down or made of concrete. EVERY SINGLE OFFICE AND ROOM in the entire structure was forcefully entered and ransacked! It was another stellar moment for the balck culture!

Interior%20of%20Ernest%20Morial%20Convention%20Center,%20New%20Orleans.jpg

Kip Holden said he will not open up the Civic center for any further disasters because of the damage and cost by the refugees. Does that make him a racist?

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    Too bad my eyes told me different when I was THERE!

Agreed. Lots of **** went down most people don't know about. Yet for some reason some people choose to believe the media when they say "Nothing happened." The media chose not to go into most high-risk areas. Let's hear more from people who DIDN'T evacuate about how **** never happened.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Too bad my eyes told me different when I was THERE!

Show me one medically verified murder and suicide from INSIDE that superdome! Death ceritifcate? Coroner's report? "Hard" news article?

It ain't there brother!

Rape doesn't equate to a death!

Top Bottom