Idiot Wal-Mart Employee

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    What's the deal with people bashing OCers? I think most agree it's not the smartest way to carry since you give up the element of surprise and make yourself the first target, but all the negative attention that OCing might attract is the fault of uninformed people or paranoid liberals.

Very true.

The problem is when you have OC proponents that are wingnuts and out to prove something to the paranoid and uninformed.
    Or, as we have seen in the past, out for some perverted personal attention or to make a fast 20k off those same aforementioned people.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Hey, I'm going to throw this out there for anyone who is interested.
    The monthly business meeting of the Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League, aka LOCAL, is going to be held at the Shoneys Resturant in LPlace this Wednesday evening, June 2, at 6:30pm.
    If you are interested in Open Carry or meeting with a group who is trying to put a moderate, positive face on Open Carry, feel free to join us there. Maybe we can answer some of your questions and give you an example of normal people who Open Carry without all of the drama and extreme rhetoric displayed by certain individuals.
    If this isn't for you, that's cool. Personally I'm not trying to recruit people to Open Carry. I'm just trying to get the word out that I'm not doing anything unlawful when I Open Carry. I can't speak for the motivations of other Open Carriers.
    Thank you.
    Steve

Win1917

Win1917
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yale, I don't want to sidetrack the discussion but I have a quick question. Is there a different license required for open carry vs concealed carry or is it the same license and the individual has the option to carry however they like?

Personally I have very little interest in carrying a gun but I support 100% those people who want to. I may pop over to one of your meetings sometime though see what y'all are doing.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Yale, I don't want to sidetrack the discussion but I have a quick question. Is there a different license required for open carry vs concealed carry or is it the same license and the individual has the option to carry however they like?

Personally I have very little interest in carrying a gun but I support 100% those people who want to. I may pop over to one of your meetings sometime though see what y'all are doing.
    No license for open carry . Although , a co worker of mine claims that because he has a concealed carry permit , he is not allowed to open carry . WTFO ? :eek3:

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    No license for open carry . Although , a co worker of mine claims that because he has a concealed carry permit , he is not allowed to open carry . WTFO ? :eek3:

Dan, That's one of those bits of misinformation that's been floating around for a while now. It's one of many things groups like LOCAL try to address so that others are more informed.

Win, You and anyone else is welcome to drop by. The monthly meetings are business meetings to handle things our group is doing. We post a copy of our minutes in our forum after each meeting.
    Minutes for the Dec '09, Jan '10 and Feb '10 can be read at
    http://www.laopencarry.org/meeting-minutes-dec-09-jan-10-feb-10-public-t323.html
    Minutes for March '10- http://www.laopencarry.org/meeting-minutes-march-10-public-t324.html
    Minutes for April '10 - http://www.laopencarry.org/meeting-minutes-april-2010-public-t348.html
    Minutes for May '10 - http://www.laopencarry.org/minutes-for-may-2010-meeting-public-t373.html

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I can see the benefit of OC when I'm out in the woods... Otherwise OC brings too much drama and can tip your hand to a bad guy.

meauxcg

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    May 27, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    There is a financial institute in Baton Rouge that did allow open carry in the lobbies until someone called in and asked "what is your policy about open carrying guns in the lobby?" now because of that they have all posted "no gun" signs.
    IT IS TIME TO STOP BEING A DUMB ASS !!

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    "DUMB ASS?"

Let me tell you something, the definition of dumb ass is someone too stupid to learn from their own mistakes. So they keep making them over and over again all the while expecting a different out come each time. So asking a dumb ass to stop is kind of like asking a fish to stop swimming or a southern black guy to stop voting democrat. It ain't going to happen. Look at OC'ers as another example they keep doing it in Walmart over and over again. Each time they post here afterwards and seem surprised by the eventual out come.

Dave

Unit505

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    We are perfect. We even hide things well, including our guns. What kind of gun are you carrying? Please tell me its a shiny chrome 50 cal
    As posted previously, I currently do not carry. Why is it so important to try and make people feel like they are a freaking outcast. Does it make you guys feel better? I guess I shouldn't even try to respond to you guys and maybe you would feel like you accomplished something. I thought this was a pretty cool site, and I've spoken with a few of you who are pretty nice guys. I'm just glad the whole world isn't full of people like you. Goodbye.

LouisianaRebel

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    yonder
    As posted previously, I currently do not carry. Why is it so important to try and make people feel like they are a freaking outcast. Does it make you guys feel better? I guess I shouldn't even try to respond to you guys and maybe you would feel like you accomplished something. I thought this was a pretty cool site, and I've spoken with a few of you who are pretty nice guys. I'm just glad the whole world isn't full of people like you. Goodbye.

This site is full of OC lovers.. not.. :squint:
    I've been through the same thing before..

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I sure didn't realize that asking a question to the store would be a mistake. No harm intended. I'm glad there's so many people against OC and that they feel that they have to come here and call names. Have you ever met a person that made a mistake before? Probably only once I suppose as they probably find somewhere else to go so they are not crucified by your wisdom.

I ****ed up! I admit it! Thank you for pointing it out so many times. I never met such perfect individuals hiding behind their computers.

Are you familiar with slickdeals.net? If not, it's a "good deals and bargains" site. People find price mistakes, coupon codes, hot deals etc. and post them in a forum just like this. One of the unwritten rules of that site is DON'T CALL. Nothing ever good comes of it. One guy calls and the deal or price mistake is fixed in the next 10 minutes. Everyone looses out. I use the same rule when it comes to CCW or OC, but I don't OC.

You have no idea who is going to answer that phone, and in your case you found out, in fact, it was chicken little. Now that person is going to tell 20 others about the guy-who-wants-to-carry-a-gun, and the people she tells will tell more, and those then will tell even more. As that story passes mouths, you can't bet it will end up making you, the caller, sound like a nut job whether you are or not. I don't think you're crazy if that matters. When you call about something like this, a person can't see your face, can't tell if you have a wacko facial tick, can't get any nuances, can't make an informed judgment call. People will by default be suspicions. It's the world we live in. I know the rules and a lot of the laws; frankly, I'd be suspicious too. Am I happy about it? No. So be it.

Hell, I told a gun-owing friend of mine that OC was legal in LA. He didn't believe me at first and said I was crazy. He was flabbergasted. I'm still not sure if I convinced him it was legal.

If you want to call someone to find out what's legal, make it a lawyer.

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I think I have been stuck in a bayoushooter feedback loop since 2007. Someone get me out of here.

BACK+TO+THE+FUTURE+mini.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom