IDPA Club Starting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Prairieville
    Check your stage procedure on stage 3. You are missing a target in the procedure.

Good catch. You will engage the target when you go to P2. It will be included in the tactical priority/Slicing the pie( it should be engaged first if shooting from right side). The procedure should say proceed to P2 and engage 3 targets, 2 shots each.

0_down

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    umm - at my computer
    Hi Spanky,

I'm working with ump65 on the new club. We won't be having a classifier for awhile - this is a brand new club which will have several introductory matches before we run a classifier. Come on out & have a good time unclassified...

JP

0_down

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    umm - at my computer
    If you don't like the rules, don't play the game. I don't agree with all the rules but have to abide by them if I want to play. The best thing to do is join whatever organization you want to play in, become active and change the rules from within. Part of the reason for this rule is for the guys that live in a state that only allow 10 rounds in the gun. They are trying to keep everyone on a level playing.

Beauxdog

well put, Sir - that's exactly where it comes from.

JP

0_down

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    umm - at my computer
    Thanks for everyone's input and positive comments - we look forward to seeing you there 3/15. We're starting this IDPA club from ground zero, thus basic stages without fancy props. The first stage is a standard for everyone to get to know each other...

The sooner we get a membership, IDPA affiliation and more regular matches the sooner we'll all enjoy whiz bang props and happening stages. We will play by IDPA rules only. We will not have any 'outlaw' divisions - no 'not for score' allowing equipment illegal in IDPA.

We keep score so it must be a game but it is a game leaning towards self defense use of guns. It is not training.

There are 0 IDPA clubs in Louisiana today - this will be the first of many I hope.

We could use some help, currently 2 guys doing all the work (possible 3 on 3/15 match). Any USPSA CRO's who'd like to help are welcome if you're open to IDPA rules - we'd really appreciate the help.

Another action pistol club in south LA is going to be good for all. IDPA will end up helping build ICORE, USPSA, Cowboy, and everyone having fun accelerating lead.

JP
    A15315

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    thank you. The only place this club is 'headed' is IDPA 10/2013 rules and IDPA affiliation. It's not for everybody but neither is ping-pong.

JP

I'm local to Thibodaux and will spread the word for y'all. I really hope it does good and wish the best for any new clubs about to get going in the Houma/Thib area.

Thanks again for the reply it cleared up my questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0_down

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    umm - at my computer
    Thanks for the encouraging word, man. and thanks for spreading the word in Thibodaux.

I'm driving in from St. Francisville to do this so we can use all the local help/spread the word we can get. I do have family in Thib where I'll be staying around matches...

I understand if IDPA is not for you but would encourage you to come out and heckle us anyway :-]

Best,

JP

0_down

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    umm - at my computer
    Schedule change:

Saturday's match starts at 11:00am, registration is 10:00, safety briefing 10:30. Safety brief required to shoot the match. Be there and registered before 10:30 please - arrive unloaded - cold range (police see me).

J Piper
    A15315
    (for Ump65)

0_down

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    umm - at my computer
    I'm the same - not a morning person + 2hr drive...

We have this flexibility until the heat of summer, then we'll all appreciate getting up earlier for a finish before it gets hot. (anticipate growing to 6-10 stages per match, as determined by members)

BTW, we'll probably forgo the requirement of concealment garment during the hottest months... (but you will be asked to keep your shirt on please, please)

JP

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    BTW, we'll probably forgo the requirement of concealment garment during the hottest months... (but you will be asked to keep your shirt on please, please)

JP

Draping a light, untucked, unbuttoned short sleeve shirt over one's t-shirt for the short time spent actually shooting a stage shouldn't tip the scales into heat prostration for anyone, even here in Louisiana…unfortunately, without a nod towards concealment, y'all loose much of the flavor of your game/brand IMO.

Last edited:

0_down

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    umm - at my computer
    100% agreed however all we'll waive (if the club members decide to waive) is the 'requirement' - anyone interested in wearing concealment will be able to continue either for preparation for a sanctioned/major match or for practicing defensive carry skills.

I'm prognosticating most of this stuff - it will be decided/determined by the club members and their elected BOD.

JP

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Had a enjoyable time, myself…nice group of people for sure. Great to see new people getting their feet wet in the shooting sports. The hook has now been set :D.

Kudos to the organizers for getting IDPA in our area off the ground…it will be a nice addition to the local match scene for both the newcomers and the old vets looking for a fresh game.

Banjo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Raceland, LA
    Yes I agree. I'm new all around to the IDPA and any match shooting. Realized how easy it looks but it's not that easy. Can't wait until the next match. Hopefully I improve by then. For those i shot with today This is Eric by the way. Banjo is my third generation nickname.

Ump65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Port Allen, LA
    I guess by now everyone has had a chance to look at the scores and see how they did. I was very pleased at the turnout for the first match and I am really glad everyone had a fun time. Isn't that what it is all about? Look on the bright side, we did not shoot ourselves in the process, which is a good thing. I will be ofically posting the next match date in the next few weeks. I hope to see you all there for round 2.

Top Bottom