IDPA in Houma

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    So here is where were at:

I spoke with the Area Coordinator. I think I have a Range. We need a IDPA Certified Range Officer to come oversee our first match. I think we will do Sunday's at first to include the largest group of people. The first couple matches will be just for fun. Match #3 will be the Classifier. I will front the money for the club Memebership and I will take donations to recoup it. Hopefully I can finagle the SO's range and there won't be a Range fee. What I need you guys to do is find me an IDPA Range Officer that will help us out.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Im going to get with our training guy tommorow to see what Sundays are open. I'm sure we will also have to be flexible with the RO's schedule.

0_down

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    umm - at my computer
    Greetings -

I was contacted by spanky regarding IDPA in Houma. I'm an IDPA Certified Safety Officer Instructor and VERY interested in getting some IDPA action started down here. I'll come to Houma or Thibodaux & am looking for a range suitable north of BR.

Feel free to contact me by PM or Email & let me know how I may help.

JP

Revchuck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    I'm an IDPA Safety Officer, moving into the NOLA area. I was the match director for the club outside of Lake Charles until I deployed to Afghanistan, and folks lost interest. I might be able to help, but I'm as busy as a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest right now - still don't have a house down here, still going back to Beauregard parish on weekends until I get one. I'll be in Thibodaux 17-18 October for the Aim Fast/Hit Fast class.

Regards,

Chuck

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    Revchuck, great to see you made it back :) I remember several years ago on the IDPA website Lake Chuck having a club, but Miculeks is the only one now. You would be a great asset to south Louisiana in starting up a club.

If you think about all the surrounding areas and how many carry permits there are, the number of memebers could be outstanding. I would think that the area could be like Houston with 4-6 clubs in the area.

I really hope you and Vanilla Gorilla can get something started.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom