If you were forced to move to another Country...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajunranger

Ghost
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    DeRidder
    Agreed. Belize is as corrupt as it gets, if not worse than most other central american nations.
    I have looked all over the world and found that there are pros and cons to everywhere. Australia is nice, but gun laws are very strict. Not impossible, but very strict. it's hard to get into australia though unless you marry into it. New Zealand is very nice, and firearms laws are better than australia, but still not as good as the US's worst states for the most part, although you can have suppressors on everything with your regular gun license. Canada is not bad, but it's COLD. The older I get, the more I need the warmth. Central and South america well... it is what it is, and I will always be the "stupid gringo" there. Might as well tattoo a flurescent target on your back and walk around with it. Africa? Well... um no. not for us. Even the MOST civilized parts of africa are way too dangerous. Asia. Hmm Too many people and very clannish people. Leaves pretty much Europe for me. Most of Europe is wet and cold. Narrowed it down to the Med region. Not much choice where it's affordable which why I ended up at Croatia/Montenegro. I have met so many professional mariners from there and everyone has ALWAYS made me feel welcome. There is a path to residency for those that buy property. Buying property is possible and pretty much on the up and up. You still have to do your research though. Do I want to leave the US? Not really. But in the near future I can see that having another passport other than a US one may be quite advantageous....

ETA - Cebu, Phillipines was a close second for us, but wife did not like it due to real lack of culture. She likes the Mediterranean cuisine being part greek herself and I'm partial to it as well.
    Ok, I change my answer to.........Fiji

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Been there DONE DAT!:}

COSTA RICA...Cuz Prostitution IS LEGAL:}

I like DAT me!

if2eiynwlkrwoj5u3wmd.jpg

marcw85

Hotter than a $2 pistol
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Thibodaux, LA
    Around the political/beer table we've discussed taking over a 3rd world country and bring glorious democracy to it. Fixing its problems with good ole libertarian politics. Preferably a country with a high natural resource.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Around the political/beer table we've discussed taking over a 3rd world country and bring glorious democracy to it. Fixing its problems with good ole libertarian politics. Preferably a country with a high natural resource.

how exactly would you "take it over"?

edrodhdfb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Zachary, La
    Philippines- They have a national registry but full auto hand guns and rifles are totally legal. I've been told that Subic Bay is a good place to live. The dollar goes along way there. I worked with a Pinoy Medic that has a nice collection of firearms that would make anyone jealous.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Philippines- They have a national registry but full auto hand guns and rifles are totally legal. I've been told that Subic Bay is a good place to live. The dollar goes along way there. I worked with a Pinoy Medic that has a nice collection of firearms that would make anyone jealous.

I was born and lived in the Philippines till I was 7. Even during marshall law,I remember my dad had 4 full auto rifles. As a 7 year old in the Philippines,I thought all rifles were full auto....heck,everyone had one were I lived. My mother was eventually stationed at Philippine consulate in New Orleans and my father was not allowed to bring the rifles over to the U.S. My dad has since passed on but the rifles are still in the family. I have never been back and have no reason to go back but if I ever do,I know that those rifles are within reach whenever I want them. (Chinese SKS, Russian AK47 and two FN FALs)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom