IFAKs & Medical Kits

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    What you should really be looking for on these kits is the components not who assembled em.

Beat me to it. Dark Angel takes things, puts them in a pouch and stamps a sweet logo on it. And that logo sure seems expensive...

Well yall give me a suggestion for a kit and I will point out what I see worng with it "if anything"?

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Advantage Group GAK.

Not 100% sure whats in it so cant say what I think about it. But I will say what I would buy if it came my way.

A kit with:
    2) chest seals "plus something to make a extra seal for a total of three seals"
    1) 14ga needle
    1) "at least" 4" izzy
    1) CAT or SOF tq
    2) H&H gauze
    1) Combat Gauze
    1) 28fr NPA
    1) Heavy Duty bag to seal it all up
    1) Pouch/Pack that allows me to drag it around like a dogs a@@ and keep it safe.
    1) Shears

Last edited:

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Well yall give me a suggestion for a kit and I will point out what I see worng with it "if anything"?

Remember, you can make occlusive dressings to cover entry/exit wounds out of the wrappers of most medical bandage wrappers. Use the non breathable plastic parts. Med tape rarely works well on the four sides as most of the time the mix of blood, sweat, and oils make the area too slick for any adhesive to grab. Dry bar towels or washcloths can help wipe the area dry in flat sweeping motions, not circles. Duct tape (100mph tape trumps med tape all day long). Like I also said pre tape "speed opening tabs" on the edges of wrappers that will need to remain sterile in their original packaging, but can be way too cumbersome to open when SHTF.

Speed and efficiency are key, seconds and drops of blood count. A great rigid knife can allow you to cut through clothing or a similar seatbelt cutter blade(hook) can zip through clothing faster than those crappy trauma sheers.

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH KERLEX, ever. Even more importantly ace wraps/bandages in 2 in and 4 or 6 in sizes. With these two items you can absolutely save live in multiple manners.

Seriously PM me if you ever want to link up I'm in Lafayette LA

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    The kit will contain:

SOF®Tactical Tourniquet-NH
    Olaes® modular bandage
    Each Olaes® bandage contains:
    3 meters of sterile 4 ply gauze.
    Plastic occlusive sheet included in dressing pocket.
    Transparent pressure cup that focuses pressure on the wound and acts as an eye cup for treatment of eye injuries.
    Face shield
    One pair of Nitrile gloves
    2* Tape
    5.5* Trauma shears
    Z-Folded Combat Gauze

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Not 100% sure whats in it so cant say what I think about it. But I will say what I would buy if it came my way.

A kit with:
    2) chest seals "plus something to make a extra seal for a total of three seals"
    1) 14ga needle
    1) "at least" 4" izzy
    1) CAT or SOF tq
    2) H&H gauze
    1) Combat Gauze
    1) 28fr NPA
    1) Heavy Duty bag to seal it all up
    1) Pouch/Pack that allows me to drag it around like a dogs a@@ and keep it safe.
    1) Shears

The kit will contain:

SOF®Tactical Tourniquet-NH
    Olaes® modular bandage
    Each Olaes® bandage contains:
    3 meters of sterile 4 ply gauze.
    Plastic occlusive sheet included in dressing pocket.
    Transparent pressure cup that focuses pressure on the wound and acts as an eye cup for treatment of eye injuries.
    Face shield
    One pair of Nitrile gloves
    2* Tape
    5.5* Trauma shears
    Z-Folded Combat Gauze

I really like the kit you offer and may pick up a few. Could you please point out the cons of my ideal kit?

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Remember, you can make occlusive dressings to cover entry/exit wounds out of the wrappers of most medical bandage wrappers. Use the non breathable plastic parts. Med tape rarely works well on the four sides as most of the time the mix of blood, sweat, and oils make the area too slick for any adhesive to grab. Dry bar towels or washcloths can help wipe the area dry in flat sweeping motions, not circles. Duct tape (100mph tape trumps med tape all day long). Like I also said pre tape "speed opening tabs" on the edges of wrappers that will need to remain sterile in their original packaging, but can be way too cumbersome to open when SHTF.

Speed and efficiency are key, seconds and drops of blood count. A great rigid knife can allow you to cut through clothing or a similar seatbelt cutter blade(hook) can zip through clothing faster than those crappy trauma sheers.

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH KERLEX, ever. Even more importantly ace wraps/bandages in 2 in and 4 or 6 in sizes. With these two items you can absolutely save live in multiple manners.

Seriously PM me if you ever want to link up I'm in Lafayette LA

doc, I will be going to Lafayette pretty soon and may try to link up with you. I'm looking to donate some multiple person trauma kits to a couple schools in my area and need a little advice.

Thanks

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    My new range med kit. About to setup 3 more kits 1 for each car and the house.
    Might change it up a bit tho.
    null_zps3f1e08de.jpg

null_zps50cc9c74.jpg

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom