I'm a 19y/o carrying an H&K P30 in my truck on a college campus

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I'm just wondering where all these "bad cops" are. :confused:

I must be one helluva driver, I guess....I've yet to encounter this wave of JBTs that surely must be out there somewhere. :chuckles:

carson123987

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette/Baton Rouge
    I am confused. Under what hypothetical situation are you going to be teaching a bad cop gun laws on the side of the road? Are you going to tell ever cop that pulls you over that you have a gun? Why? It's not his business and if he has cause to search your truck you have bigger problems.

Definitely. Great point. Like I said, I'll probably never have to use it and it will probably never be found. It's just a last ditch counterattack in the event of an emergency.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    I don't see anything wrong with having the sheet, it could enlighten some LEO out there one day. The biggest difference between getting a pissed off cop or a nice cop is going to be (1) the reason he is stopping you, and (2) your attitude when he stops you. If you do something stupid, then get out acting like an ass he's gonna mess with you. However, if you are polite and respectful and didn't just get pulled over for doing 60 in a 35, you shouldn't have much to worry about. It goes without saying that a clean-cut appearance can help you out as well.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I have a tint exemption. And you're absolutely correct. It's just something I'd like to have for more peace of mind. You never know, a cop that isn't sure may see the paper and let me off. A cop could look at it, laugh, crumple it up, and throw me in the back of the unit. You never know. It's worth a try though, I believe.

Do have the new exemption or the old exemption? ;)

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Definitely. It's just a last ditch counterattack in the event of an emergency.

Counterattack? Yea...... go ahead and use that word against any LEO out there and see what happens. lol.That would be the word thrown around in court after you eat a couple pounds of concrete.

"Well your honor.... he said he was going to attempt to counter attack me, so I reacted to the threat."

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Leaving a gun in the car on a consistent basis is the surest way to get it stolen.

Well, other than driving a long-lost crackhead friend around north of campus that is.

I'd still rather have a gun than not, but just mentioning it so you can prepare accordingly.

This

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Leaving a gun in the car on a consistent basis is the surest way to get it stolen.

Well, other than driving a long-lost crackhead friend around north of campus that is.

I'd still rather have a gun than not, but just mentioning it so you can prepare accordingly.

and you know this from personal experience? Lol, please elaborate.....sounds like a good one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom