Indoctrinating Kids In Ascension Parish Schools (Revisited)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Why stop there? Does the lesson also include things like keeping a record of how much energy is "wasted" by Mommy & Daddy on a typical day?

Because using more than you should is just evil. :)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Why stop there? Does the lesson also include things like keeping a record of how much energy is "wasted" by Mommy & Daddy on a typical day?

Because using more than you should is just evil. :)

That phase is coming. ;) If these far left wing dings keep getting their hooks in the schools any deeper, they will have kids turning in their parents for something that goes against their NWO!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    That phase is coming. ;) If these far left wing dings keep getting their hooks in the schools any deeper, they will have kids turning in their parents for something that goes against their NWO!

Like too many guns and ammunition.

You know- an arsenal. :D

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You think that wind turbines are more likely to cause climate change than green house gasses?

This is a slight thread drift, but why should we (Americans), have to suffer the inconveniences of trying to save the world here at home, when the largest polluters in the world WILL NEVER stop?

So we can say we are; "better than that?" If you are all in on eliminating climate destruction; and you want to change the way they pollute the climate, you'd better be prepared to obliterate them entirely because China, Russia, and India; have no intentions of doing anything about any of that crap.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

Dude. Did you go to high school and college? You read information, are taught information, and then tested on the information that was taught to you. Most of what you are taught is looked on as being factual. Factually, burning fossil fuels is incredibly inefficient. It is also bad for the environment. That fact really isn't debatable. Teachers are not interested in you developing your own opinion on stuff until you get into honor classes or into advanced classes in late high school and college. School is designed to teach facts. On the other hand, it is a parents job to teach you how to take facts that you have learned and then make your opinion on social issues with them.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Dude. Did you go to high school and college? You read information, are taught information, and then tested on the information that was taught to you. Most of what you are taught is looked on as being factual. Factually, burning fossil fuels is incredibly inefficient. It is also bad for the environment. That fact really isn't debatable. Teachers are not interested in you developing your own opinion on stuff until you get into honor classes or into advanced classes in late high school and college. School is designed to teach facts. On the other hand, it is a parents job to teach you how to take facts that you have learned and then make your opinion on social issues with them.

Why yes! I did!

When I went to school, two of the science teachers taught me principles of science that are still accurate today. Though some of them were black, and very angry at the world. They kept their anger and their views to themselves.

If you are going to teach me that "water turns from a liquid to a gas when it boils"; don't add to that simple proven fact; "but using any thing other than green energy to boil the water is bad."

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    This is a slight thread drift, but why should we (Americans), have to suffer the inconveniences of trying to save the world here at home, when the largest polluters in the world WILL NEVER stop?

So we can say we are; "better than that?" If you are all in on eliminating climate destruction; and you want to change the way they pollute the climate, you'd better be prepared to obliterate them entirely because China, Russia, and India; have no intentions of doing anything about any of that crap.

I don't see how this is relevant to my question or the discussion at hand.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I don't see how this is relevant to my question or the discussion at hand.

It's not! Only that some are defending the green initiative in this thread, either subtly or openly; and I was merely pointing out that here in the US we are acting as if we alone will change the world with our feeble attempt at it despite the rest of this world.

And if, he answers your question directly; what will that have to do with the discussion?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Why yes! I did!

When I went to school, two of the science teachers taught me principles of science that are still accurate today. Though some of them were black, and very angry at the world. They kept their anger and their views to themselves.

If you are going to teach me that "water turns from a liquid to a gas when it boils"; don't add to that simple proven fact; "but using any thing other than green energy to boil the water is bad."
    It is a fact that the burning of fossil fuels is inefficient. Much of the potential energy (chemistry term / physics term) is wasted when burning fossil fuels. Capturing solar energy has the potential to be much more efficient than burning stuff. The technology is here at this very moment, but it is just very expensive. Take a looksie at the space station. It is solar powered. So yes, if it was stated that using other means to boil water is better, that would be true.

My sophomore year of high school I took an environmental science class. Much of what was taught was factual evidence on pollution and on ways to improve the planet. Sure, we covered the normal weather stuff thoroughly. We learned about various state, federal, and international laws that are in place to limit pollution and make various processes more efficient. A big part of the class was a final research paper where we had to take facts and accredited opinions and form essentially a thesis type presentation. This is pretty much the exact same as the paper that you put pictures of up. Take the information you learned and draw a conclusion. The only difference was the scale of the information. That's how school works.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Just being a little cynical, buddy..:dogkeke:

I do believe that's the mindset of those you speak of, though.

We (collectively), are already doing it. Look at the phony outrage firings or ostracizing of employees, reporters, entertainers, now football players, TV personalities, company execs., etc., for saying "******" or "******"; or losing your job because you posted your Halloween costume on YOUR own Facebook page and some douche turned you in.

Yes, we are right on track!

Wow! just noticed that the words are blocked out; EVEN WHEN USED IN TOTAL INTELLECTUAL CONTEXT!
    That's disappointing.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    It's not! Only that some are defending the green initiative in this thread, either subtly or openly; and I was merely pointing out that here in the US we are acting as if we alone will change the world with our feeble attempt at it despite the rest of this world.

And if, he answers your question directly; what will that have to do with the discussion?

It will show that we, as a group of at least somewhat informed adults can't come to a consensus on a topic that you guys want to add complication to for children to understand. As it stands that paper provides well established facts and asks the reader to draw a conclusion from those facts. The issue here isn't indoctrination or deception, it is that you don't like the facts. The school is there to give information and help the student retain that information. That is what they are doing.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It is a fact that the burning of fossil fuels is inefficient. Much of the potential energy (chemistry term / physics term) is wasted when burning fossil fuels. Capturing solar energy has the potential to be much more efficient than burning stuff. The technology is here at this very moment, but it is just very expensive. Take a looksie at the space station. It is solar powered. So yes, if it was stated that using other means to boil water is better, that would be true.

My sophomore year of high school I took an environmental science class. Much of what was taught was factual evidence on pollution and on ways to improve the planet. Sure, we covered the normal weather stuff thoroughly. We learned about various state, federal, and international laws that are in place to limit pollution and make various processes more efficient. A big part of the class was a final research paper where we had to take facts and accredited opinions and form essentially a thesis type presentation. This is pretty much the exact same as the paper that you put pictures of up. Take the information you learned and draw a conclusion. The only difference was the scale of the information. That's how school works.

With all due respect; these are 5th graders! High School Sophomore is 5 years away! Unless the kid is retarded, I think he will be able to grasp the differences of fact versus opinion by then.

Top Bottom