Indoctrinating Kids In Ascension Parish Schools (Revisited)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Like when Kansas made them write a chapter of science based upon a woman being made from fairy dust and a guy's broken rib?

ETA: Yes, I'm tired of political groups trying to insert themselves into science. It's the biggest problem in our nation that results in ignorant and dumbassed voters who perpetuate ********. It's a major problem. It happens from both sides of the political spectrum. Be vigilant, watch out for it, and don't hesitate to teach real science if you see an incorrect or misleading lesson.

Yes! That too!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    You know better than that. Besides, if it's the same scientist Al Gore assembled in Germany for the big doom and gloom conference, I'll pass. They lied!
    Do you understand what "peer review" means? Do you realize that those who believe climate change is real, as well as those who also believe there is an anthropogenic factor, are not one group who all have the same boss? They're a large number of independent groups who would love to be the next one to prove the next big truth.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I want to see if any of this efficiency happens without the use of fossil fuels and the products derived from them.

I believe we'll still be burnin' T-Rex in some form, 1000 years from now. :dogkeke:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I want to see if any of this efficiency happens without the use of fossil fuels and the products derived from them.

I believe we'll still be burnin' T-Rex in some form, 1000 years from now. :dogkeke:

I don't think any credible speaker has ever said we should completely abstain from petroleum or carbon based products.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It is science class. Science is against burning stuff for fuel. It is inefficient. Would you recommend going back to riding horses and fighting wars with swords? Of course not. Burning stuff is science of the past. Sure, it worked in the past, but there are better more efficient ways that are better for people and the planet in the long run.

You do realize, you could have been indoctrinated. :dunno:

- - - Updated - - -

Do you understand what "peer review" means? Do you realize that those who believe climate change is real, as well as those who also believe there is an anthropogenic factor, are not one group who all have the same boss? They're a large number of independent groups who would love to be the next one to prove the next big truth.

I do!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I don't think any credible speaker has ever said we should completely abstain from petroleum or carbon based products.

"Good thing." :rofl:

But I assure you, many in this movement are in it purely to "stick it to big oil"- which is absurdly stupid.

I wonder where "Teach" stands on that?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Because, that would be foolish for a real scientific brain to say at this point. However, the nut jobs say it all the time. Go fgure.

- - - Updated - - -

"Good thing." :rofl:

But I assure you, many in this movement are in it purely to "stick it to big oil"- which is absurdly stupid.

I wonder where "Teach" stands on that?

She's busy sticking it to my kid! :D

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Because, that would be foolish for a real scientific brain to say at this point. However, the nut jobs say it all the time. Go fgure.

Who cares what nutjobs say?

It would be foolish to say because it's not practical. The goal is not elimination because it's nowhere near feasible or even advantageous. It's about reducing the need for combustion of it.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Who cares what nutjobs say?

It would be foolish to say because it's not practical. The goal is not elimination because it's nowhere near feasible or even advantageous. It's about reducing the need for combustion of it.

Then what are you arguing for? The nutjobs are teaching in schools.

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    Austin, what is your prediction of the long term effect of decreasing the amount of solar radiation absorbed by the surface of the planet? Does this not also have the potential to cause climate change? what is the total life cycle efficiency of solar power from creation of panels to their disposal or some sort of recycle, including the toxic metals and chemicals used in the power storage for solar systems. How do you know 100yrs from now that solar is going to still prove to be "better"?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Austin, what is your prediction of the long term effect of decreasing the amount of solar radiation absorbed by the surface of the planet? Does this not also have the potential to cause climate change? what is the total life cycle efficiency of solar power from creation of panels to their disposal or some sort of recycle, including the toxic metals and chemicals used in the power storage for solar systems. How do you know 100yrs from now that solar is going to still prove to be "better"?

His professor told him so! :mamoru:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm arguing because you put more dumb **** on this site, and dumb **** should always be argued.

That's great! You have not disproven anything substantively, and you stoop to this^.

You know, J; there comes a time where some folks have to admit inconvenient things in this world. I've watched enough of your statements on here to conclude that you don't like to be questioned with facts. That's cool.

I have put forth a topic; added supporting data; and backed up my opinion and my argument. You have twisted and turned until you throw that out there. I must say I am a little disappointed.

But hey, it is the internet.

Let's conclude the debate between you and I by me saying that I have made up my mind on the matter. You as a parent can continue on your course, I most assuredly will continue on mine. Who knows, in 20 years I may be on here heralding your foresight on EVERYTHING.

But I doubt it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    you don't like to be questioned with facts.

Lolwutpear.jpg

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I never denied any of it being true; I just don't want them steering the students view point.

Damn those schools, with their facts and reality...

Emp, I've abstained from calling anyone a foilhead recently, but believing that a school is indoctrinating your child because they are telling him the truth about something makes the assessment unavoidable. Your complaint is up there with a cooky religious nut claiming the same text is indoctrination because they said there are fossils.

If the teacher is passing out untrue information you'd have a point, Sierra club fliers you'd have a point, but telling the truth? Really?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Damn those schools, with their facts and reality...

Emp, I've abstained from calling anyone a foilhead recently, but believing that a school is indoctrinating your child because they are telling him the truth about something makes the assessment unavoidable. Your complaint is up there with a cooky religious nut claiming the same text is indoctrination because they said there are fossils.

If the teacher is passing out untrue information you'd have a point, Sierra club fliers you'd have a point, but telling the truth? Really?

I think some are missing the subtlety in the worksheet. I have admitted there are facts. My argument is in the subtlety in the way they are expounding on the good points of windmills and solar panels OVER and despite the fossils. Notice that the table of contents in the study guide says nothing about green energy.

They are going out of the way to paint a mental picture to a 9 year old that oil, gas, and coal are bad. Re-read the material I posted. And look for the shift from fact to idealism. Remember, that the study guide is all about general earth science with no deviation from their definitions. It was several pages and I took the liberty of not posting their content, because they are basic principles of their respective categories. Indoctrination of children is not going to be plain to see. Hitler youth were enrolled in summer camp before they were sent to the front for slaughter.

No teacher has a right to tell any kid that they should embrace green energy over any other fuels. That is their opinion. No worksheet should steer a child's response to that belief either.

I stand by my concern and my assertion.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I think some are missing the subtlety in the worksheet. I have admitted there are facts. My argument is in the subtlety in the way they are expounding on the good points of windmills and solar panels OVER and despite the fossils.

They are going out of the way to pain a mental picture to a 9 year old that oil, gas, and coal are bad. Re-read the material I posted. Remember, that the study guide is all about general earth science with no deviation from their definitions. It was several pages and I took the liberty of not posting their content, because they are basic principles of their respective categories.

That hasn't been missed. It has been stated repeatedly that the very very brief overview of the facts is based on the target audience and the length of time to be devoted to the topic. Jumping to the conclusion that it is indoctrination is ridiculous. Is it a 9 year old, a 5th grader, or both?

Indoctrination of children is not going to be plain to see. Hitler youth were enrolled in summer camp before they were sent to the front for slaughter.

I stand by my concern and my assertion.

Godwin's law, you lose.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That hasn't been missed. It has been stated repeatedly that the very very brief overview of the facts is based on the target audience and the length of time to be devoted to the topic. Jumping to the conclusion that it is indoctrination is ridiculous. Is it a 9 year old, a 5th grader, or both?

Godwin's law, you lose.

To each his own, Sir! Unlike many in life, I respect your dissent.

- - - Updated - - -

Burning **** on the scale we burn it /is/ bad. It's a shitty reality we deal with. That doesn't make it less bad.

Wait! Now you want to jump back in and be civil? :p

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom