Interesting! Just FYI.......

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Still waiting for confirmation that this email was legit. Very well might be fake.

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

blakegill66

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Metairie
    Doesn't matter if it was spit or not, I used to GM at a food establishment many years ago and every time I noticed an LEO dining there, I would comp the entire meal and pay from my own pocket. I would encourage this be done in todays time as these officers have enough to worry about on the streets, the last thing they should be concerned about is if someone is doing disgusting acts to their food!

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    It does most certainly matter if it was spit or mucus or whatever. That's about as disgusting a thing that a person could do to another whether friend or foe. I prefer mine without any body excremints.
    Doesn't matter if it was spit or not, I used to GM at a food establishment many years ago and every time I noticed an LEO dining there, I would comp the entire meal and pay from my own pocket. I would encourage this be done in todays time as these officers have enough to worry about on the streets, the last thing they should be concerned about is if someone is doing disgusting acts to their food!

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Nah, I'll just be a hypocrite; I'm ok with that.

Doesn't show much character either when you delete your posts because you inserted your foot into your mouth. Two posts you promptly deleted. You must have been really worried how the rest of us here would draw conclusions from your comments to delete em.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Doesn't show much character either when you delete your posts because you inserted your foot into your mouth. Two posts you promptly deleted. You must have been really worried how the rest of us here would draw conclusions from your comments to delete em.

Nope. I'm not worried in the ducking least what you think about me. I said something to the effect of letting anyone in your profession know about this situation. And think I said something about letting all union employees that I can contact about it. ANYONE please comment if you read my post. Any one that has met me knows I don't give a flying **** what people think about me and I will always say what I feel even to your face, not just sitting behind my phone. I deleted my post as to not get into another debate with a ****ing ******* like you.

Edit: if a mod has the ability to repost my deleted post, can you please repost it? Sliguns, you read it, feel free to let him know what I said.

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

I'm sure he deleted it to not hurt anyone's fragile feelings!

Last edited:

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    I was just wondering how you were so sure the employee was fired. Thought you may work there or something.

He was fired?

All I was saying is "I'd bet he is fired quickly" - meaning, IF he did spit in the drink, the chances are high he will be canned and quick b/c a business must stay profitable to stay in business and spitting in a policeman's drink is the fast track to shutting down.

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    He was fired?

All I was saying is "I'd bet he is fired quickly" - meaning, IF he did spit in the drink, the chances are high he will be canned and quick b/c a business must stay profitable to stay in business and spitting in a policeman's drink is the fast track to shutting down.

I see what you are saying now. But I would never bet on a business owner doing the right thing in the food industry unless I know them 1st hand. My family's goal this year is to not eat out at all "impossible all the time". If people looked in the kitchen at most places they eat out they would be sick.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Nope. I'm not worried in the ducking least what you think about me. I said something to the effect of letting anyone in your profession know about this situation. And think I said something about letting all union employees that I can contact about it. ANYONE please comment if you read my post. Any one that has met me knows I don't give a flying **** what people think about me and I will always say what I feel even to your face, not just sitting behind my phone. I deleted my post as to not get into another debate with a ****ing ******* like you.

Edit: if a mod has the ability to repost my deleted post, can you please repost it? Sliguns, you read it, feel free to let him know what I said.

I read your posts earlier, before you deleted em. Keep ranting........you only prove my comment about you. And I will not trade childish personal insults with you here.

And one of your posts you deleted was about boycotting ALL the restaurant locations (7 of them). And somebody called you out about that, but you said "f**ck em".

Last edited:

barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    This is an unfortunate situation. There is no proof. If there was a lab analysis of the drink that showed somebody spit in it, hell should be raised.

But if the officer was mistaken, it's a witch hunt and innocent people trying to run a business are being hurt.

I'm out of this one. I'd have to see proof to pick sides.

I will say that the officer should have kept the drink and got this nailed down before he went public.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I read the deleted posts. I don't see why you guys are harping on anyone here. Quit the bitching please. I still don't think this event actually happened or that the picture of the computer message is real. Until then, discussing boycotting the business, or anything like that really should be moot.

Further, Las Palmas really isn't even that good. You want good Mexican food in BR, go to Superior Grill on govt st. Or Casa Maria over off of Perkins. Las Palmas is cheap and convenient. That's it.

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    I looked through their reviews on facebook yesterday, they racking up quite a bit of negative reviews. There was a response about it from them, they did deny it happened and said something about some kind of sugar but that post got deleted. There was no denial of the situation, they even said they reviewed their security footage and found nothing.

Top Bottom