iOS 8 and Apple Security says they can't comply with data request

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I'm grandfathered in, too. I just get a new 2 yr agreement with AT&T and keep my same plan, when I upgrade my phone. Never had a problem. I'd ask about that, Chad.....:)

This. Still have unlimited everything w/rollover minutes as well.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    so far I'm liking the update. Nothing too fancy, they put a "tips" icon on my screen and it tells you 9 new features. The only thing thats bugging me is that I think my internet is running slower on it.

Epi5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    Houma, LA
    New update killed all my games , now im gonna be SOL at work this weekend untill the games get updated lol.

Other than that its pretty much the same thing for me. Because i have no use for most of all the new things, and that 1password thing no idea what that is. However i will say I NEVER save passwords on anything it seems counter productive to the whole point of a password in the first place. They are written down and kept somewhere safe or nothing at all.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Interesting. My games are all good to go.

Took some screen shots last night. Just some things I noticed.

The Tips App is very cool too.

Oh and having Siri synced with SHAZAM is AWESOME IMO!
    I use Shazam all the time, now I can access it quickly via One Button Siri!

Now double tap home button puts your recent and favorite text/talk contacts
    at the top of your phone with the ability to scroll through.

EKCCc84.png

Triple Tap home button now offers Grayscale and Voice Over option?

a7JpCvQ.png

Predictive Text Box which can be scrolled down which disables it from your view.

wKUzjW3.png

New recently Deleted Folder in Photo App

egkPVKt.png

Which allows you to delete from that Recently Deleted Folder as well.

mbHnbyJ.png

You can now hit the heart at the bottom of photos

zDJIef4.png

That will auto archive to a Favorite Folder in the photo app.

vKy5bCF.png

Last edited:

calcagno45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Gramercy, LA
    I'm excited for Handoff with mac and iOS 8. I use messages on my iMac and Macbook Air in class. Basically anything that's iMessage comes to my iPhone, iPad, iMac and laptop, so I can text from my laptop and it all stays synced. Now with handoff SMS will be synced as well not just iMessage. And phone calls will show as incoming on your mac so you can decide whether or not to take them. Great for students or anyone who works on a computer most of the day. Lets me stay in contact without constantly pulling my phone out.

Handoff looks really good except only you need a Mac to use it with your laptop. I hope they bring this to Windows platform as well.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    First, with att, I was able to upgrade and keep my grandfathered unlimited. I just ignored the prompt when I ordered that it would be required to get a new plan.

I love the ability to use different keyboards. I love swift key flow. Only android thing I missed.

A decent spreadsheet app included? Havent used but like the idea.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I've asked many times. I guess everyone hates me :(

It shouldn't matter- but are you dealing directly with an AT&T store? I usually get mine through Best Buy and just tell them up front I want to extend by agreement 2 years and keep the same plan. I've never had an issue.....Not sure if that would make a difference for you, but just thought I'd mention it....There shouldn't be a difference, but....

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Picked up the 128 GB i6 Today. (My Mother-n-law Rocks btw)
    Not NEARLY as gigantic as it appears.

In fact, naked, it's easily mistakable for an I5s in a Otter Box case.

I put a body Glove case (Thinnest available) and it's still a one handed phone.

It's very light and very very thin.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Picked up the 128 GB i6 Today. (My Mother-n-law Rocks btw)
    Not NEARLY as gigantic as it appears.

In fact, naked, it's easily mistakable for an I5s in a Otter Box case.

I put a body Glove case (Thinnest available) and it's still a one handed phone.

It's very light and very very thin.

Glad I'm not the only one that jumped on the bandwagon today. I picked up a 64gb i6 this afternoon. I put the pelican case on it.

I have been an android guy for the last 5 years because of the screen size on the iPhone. I always liked the os of the iPhone more than android, but the iPhone was just to small for my hands. I recently swapped from a PC to Mac and decided to go full on Apple Fan Boy.

So far I am really liking the phone. The touch id is by far the best feature I've figured out how to use.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I hate you guys. I thought I was eligible for my upgrade, but it turns out I'm only eligible for Next until June. No. I am not paying $200 over retail for my phone!

Oh well. I guess I'm getting a 6 and a new watch for fathers day!

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    I'm grandfathered in with att for unlimited data as well (450 minutes + rollover, unlimited text and data) way back from December 2006. never had a problem upgrading and plan to get the iphone 6 soon.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    What do you mean? You either run the latest software from Android on your phone or nothing.

Is there some app for android that's not on Apple? I know of a few the other way around though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Honestly, I don't know a lot about Apple products as I've never owned one and barely even messed with one. But it seems like I remember a friend, who did have an iPhone, tell me that he could only use apps/software in the Apple store. Is this correct?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    What do you mean? You either run the latest software from Android on your phone or nothing.

Is there some app for android that's not on Apple? I know of a few the other way around though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The first statement is not true and is one of the reasons I have chosen to stick with Android, because it is much more customizable. Give me a computer, and SD card, and a USB cable and I can change pretty much anything I want on it and run basically anything I want on it.

How many 'ands' are there? Not really going for a grammar award today.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    When you buy a new Samsung 5 or LG or any new Android.... ....what's your choice of operating system software?

KitKat, Pixie Sticks, lollipop or whatever the latest is. You don't get to choose Ice Cream Sandwhich or Froyo etc etc. you have to run the latest Android Software.

Right?

Top Bottom