I've Got a Few Questions for Every One Here!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • angrycookieman

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Central Louisiana near Pitkin
    Along with what speed said. I would like to think firearms moved faster when comments were allowed and such but the mods didn't like to have to monitor it with all the bumps and other underlying bs.

No disrespect just an opinion.

I agree. I find that I don't pay nearly as much attention to the ads anymore because of the no comment rule.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I don't buy things just for the sake of buying things. If I'm not in the market, I don't even look at the ad. I was in the market for an AR upper recently. First ad I saw, I bought it because it was a good price. I have no idea how long it'd been there. Didn't even look at the date.

I'm not in the market for a shotgun so even if some Beretta A500 goes up for $500 under retail LNIB, I'm still not gonna be looking at it.

Yep. I only have 3 different types of guns at my house, AR-15s, 9mm glocks, and the odd man out(which is about to go up for sale) Henry 22lr. If it isn't within the first 2 groups I don't even look.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I do miss the entertaining comments. It'd be nice to have a choice of for sale with comments or without... just saying... so I now spend less time looking at the for sale adds.

My opinion is that 10% or so savings is not enough to take a chance buying used. Antiques, c&r, etc. I usually at least check out. Having a family means I don't have money to pick up a lot of used guns. Also, I have very limited free time, so traveling to make a deal is difficult. There have been 2 trades I've had fall through due to location issues where neither of us were willing to drive to/from.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I personally look at a lot of the ads and feel the prices are grossly inflated. The sit for weeks and months with no price drops. Other ads that I come across with excellent prices I contact within 30 minutes and they're sold. I think the marketplace is working just as it was intended to work. Those that aren't selling are either selling something no one is interested in, or their prices are unrealistic. I'm not looking to pay full retail for something that isn't coming brand new in a box and I rarely care enough to want NIB anyway.

+1 Prices are too high on a lot of guns you could buy retail for less or the same price.
    Prices that are good are sold quickly. Not to mention not wanting to drive 150 miles round trip to go get it.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    We are in The odd "between times" right now.

The insanity is over... Till next time.

People who could spend the money went nuts and did.

People who saw the opportunity took it.

And most people have "what they need"

Give it a few more months without any insanity, and prices will fall and the typical deals will happen.
    OR in another 'event' happens, it'll start all over.

Me, Im just a sucker for a deal. I picked u pa Sears marked Winchester 94 today that needs a new Loading gate, and but stock simply because it was $100, and I decided I needed a 37th project!

So for me, it's whatever catches my eye.

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    First, a Used gun is just that used. I'm not paying a new gun price for it. Some of the ppl selling are mighty "Proud" of they're used guns.

Second, I base a guns value on what the cheapest price I can get it new for. This usually means buying online. Just because someone bought locally and seriously overpaid compared to online prices I'm not going to.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    THIS!!!!

First, a Used gun is just that used. I'm not paying a new gun price for it. Some of the ppl selling are mighty "Proud" of they're used guns.

Second, I base a guns value on what the cheapest price I can get it new for. This usually means buying online. Just because someone bought locally and seriously overpaid compared to online prices I'm not going to.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    As jay said above, it's all used stuff. A lot of new guns aren't worth "a couple hundred off retail." Also "retail" varies dramatically store to store, site to site.

Unless it's a Glock etc, a gun typically doesn't hold it's value well, and even a Glock doesn't unless it's a 9mm. Firearms have intrinsic value but at the end of the day they're just consumer goods.

Also a lot of firearms are hugely a matter of taste, and some stuff just doesn't appeal to many buyers.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I'm not in the market. The price would need to be stupid low for me to buy something that I don't really want to buy.

My position also. I'm fat and happy for now. For some reason my desire to buy more guns has diminished. We built a new house and are refurnishing the whole thing. We have spent a lot of money and are half way there. Sooooo no new toys for a while. Plus I'm working on getting a 2013 Boss 302.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I see lots of threads where people are trying to "get their money back" by selling parts/guns at the prices they paid in January. Problem is that ****'s back in stock now at near-normal prices so why do the seller a favor?

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I bought a gun on here and I was told it was purchased in February (if I recall correctly) from Cabelas. Only had "12 rounds down the chamber". I had been wanting that particular firearm for a while so I jumped on it. Bought it, got home and found a receipt in the box from March 2012 which I thought was interesting.

Regardless, the gun shoots like a dream and I love it but I sometimes wonder if people are making thing sound better than they really are.

Last edited:

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I have two children, wife, and mortgage, as well as am transitioning to a new career. I've got what I need, and the ammunition to feed my firearms to defend those that I love and bring home meat.

Last edited:

Jester

I thought it was funny...
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    New Orleans Area
    I bought a gun on here and I was told it was purchased in February (if I recall correctly) from Cabelas. Only had "12 rounds down the chamber". I had been wanting that particular firearm for a while so I jumped on it. Bought it, got home and found a receipt in the box from March 2012 which I thought was interesting.

Regardless, the gun shoots like a dream and I love it but I sometimes wonder if people are making thing sound better than they really are.

That's some feedback I'd like to see on a seller...

Last edited:

angrycookieman

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Central Louisiana near Pitkin
    Lol, jr, no I really don't have a clue what you have for sale or what a steyr should go for. i have just seen to many used guns posted with higher than new prices.

Also, what happened to the trader rating that used to be under everyone's name?

Top Bottom