I've Got a Few Questions for Every One Here!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I noticed the racks at Hebert's are quite full as well. I think it's a mixture of the economy and high priced ammo. It is for me at least. I'm just not eager to throw down scarce bucks for something I'll have to go to extraordinary lengths to find affordable ammo for.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    It's a mix for me. Money is tight bc I have sights on a big purchase soon, I don't view the classified as much since the comments are gone, overpriced used items and I don't want to drive an hour out of my way for a modest savings (with gas nearing $4/gallon).

The bickering and poor attitudes of some regulars have probably also kept me from logging in as frequently as I used to.

~Xenon

Jmann

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    What classified ad are you looking at ? I tried to deal with a few members in April for a 9mm and gotta big laugh . Had 1 guy asking 650.00 for a used m&p 9 that I could order for 550.00 nib . Said he would trade for some 556 ammo but wasn't going give me going price for the ammo but wanted his inflated price for his 9 . I finally found a new xdm 9 for my son and it cost ffl fee and all 550.00. Picked up a s&w shield three weeks back for 410.00 total . Most guns I see on the classifieds you can find for a lot less NEW .

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I bought a gun on here and I was told it was purchased in February (if I recall correctly) from Cabelas. Only had "12 rounds down the chamber". I had been wanting that particular firearm for a while so I jumped on it. Bought it, got home and found a receipt in the box from March 2012 which I thought was interesting.

Regardless, the gun shoots like a dream and I love it but I sometimes wonder if people are making thing sound better than they really are.

You may have misread. It had 2012 rounds down the chamber. ;)

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

You said it was purchased in march, he said febuary. I was asking if it was purchased 1 month after he said it was, or 11 months before. This is going to sound like a smartass thing to say, but since we have a march every year, it is ambiguous. Was it a mistake on the date or deception? Depending on the year of purchase it could be either.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    it'd have to be a tremendous deal that I just couldn't refuse (one that wouldnt be fair to the seller) for me to jump up and buy right now.

newborn in house, taking wife on a 10 day vacation next month, christmas around corner.... a new gun is hardly worth the 500-thousand bucks investment for me at the minute.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have PM'd sellers in the past (that I saw languishing with an item (not necessarily a gun), that was evidently not going to sell anytime soon), and offered to buy it at lower price than they were asking. Even on items that I really didn't need. But in my mind, I figured I was doing them a favor if they really wanted or needed the money. Kind of like, a make offer scenario, but really it was like, "Look, I don't need this item; but I will give you $ if you don't get any hits and you really need the money."

I kind of stopped doing that because it felt douchee to me. Like I was being insulting. What do any of you sellers think? In that particular scenario, would you prefer a member not low ball or would you prefer to have the option to decline the offer?

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I kind of stopped doing that because it felt douchee to me. Like I was being insulting. What do any of you sellers think? Would you prefer a member not low ball or would you prefer to have the option to decline the offer?
    Never know unless you ask.

If the buyer gets offended then they're just being too sensitive. When I get low ball offers that are way out of consideration, I laugh it off and politely, firmly decline. I mean, the 'bidder' has no idea what my circumstances are or anything, so I can't fault them for trying. That's how I see it anyways. I mean if it's a terribly horrible offer/bid/request, it's really quite easy to just delete the PM and move on.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I've offered less than they posted for unless their post said "PRICE FIRM" etc...

If they say "no, I want X for it" I just leave it at "okay well you have my number if you change your mind. good luck with the sale, have a nice night"

Once or twice I've been called back and bought a gun for a great price.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Never know unless you ask.

If the buyer gets offended then they're just being too sensitive. When I get low ball offers that are way out of consideration, I laugh it off and politely, firmly decline. I mean, the 'bidder' has no idea what my circumstances are or anything, so I can't fault them for trying. That's how I see it anyways. I mean if it's a terribly horrible offer/bid/request, it's really quite easy to just delete the PM and move on.

I've offered less than they posted for unless their post said "PRICE FIRM" etc...

If they say "no, I want X for it" I just leave it at "okay well you have my number if you change your mind. good luck with the sale, have a nice night"

Once or twice I've been called back and bought a gun for a great price.

I'm talking REALLY douchee! :D

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I have PM'd sellers in the past (that I saw languishing with an item (not necessarily a gun), that was evidently not going to sell anytime soon), and offered to buy it at lower price than they were asking. Even on items that I really didn't need. But in my mind, I figured I was doing them a favor if they really wanted or needed the money. Kind of like, a make offer scenario, but really it was like, "Look, I don't need this item; but I will give you $ if you don't get any hits and you really need the money."

I kind of stopped doing that because it felt douchee to me. Like I was being insulting. What do any of you sellers think? In that particular scenario, would you prefer a member not low ball or would you prefer to have the option to decline the offer?

If I put price is firm I mean it.

Reading the classifieds ads here is like deciphering code. Most the time it's easy to tell who is lying about the history of e gun.
    I myself have bought a gun here that was described as NIB. Right now that rifle is a paper weight. It doesn't work at all.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    my only bad experience here was someone seeing a thread in which I posted a WTB. He called and said "how about 750", and I reluctantly agreed. The day we were supposed to meet he called and said "you know im not sure i can let it go for less than a thousand".

I thanked him for allowing me to cancel my morning tee time, and told him i wasn't interested anymore.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If I put price is firm I mean it.

Reading the classifieds ads here is like deciphering code. Most the time it's easy to tell who is lying about the history of e gun.
    I myself have bought a gun here that was described as NIB. Right now that rifle is a paper weight. It doesn't work at all.

Agreed! I have good grasp of the English language too. When a seller has denoted "Firm", I know what he/she means. I leave it alone.

Top Bottom