IWI Tavor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Not everyone buys guns just to train for combat. Some enjoy just having fun guns to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree on that as I've never trained for combat myself. But I do train shooting strong side and support side hell its fun to challenge yourself sometimes even if just for fun.

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    Shooting a RH Tavor on your left shoulder, ya know opposite of the right shoulder....still does not yield any brass in or around your mouth/throat/nose/orbital socket. So I fail to see the problem with using this gun ambidextrous.

The only thing that you need to keep in mind is that if you shoot lower powered .223 vs Federal XM193 or other hotter ammo. The .223 will come very close to your face, but the Nato ammo has enough extra power to cycle the action harder giving it a better ejection trajectory.

don_mac

Mr. Blonde
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2013
    Gonzales,La
    Your joking right? You don't ever see the need to train shooting support side?

My point is that if it works for the Israel's. I think it should work for the good old boys down here. I know that they do not see any real action day in and day out compared to what happens around here. training wise that is :)

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Not everyone buys guns just to train for combat. Some enjoy just having fun guns to shoot.

A giant +1 on that. Not everything has to be a doomsday/tactical/omg my life is in imminent danger situation. Some people just enjoy shooting. Not all of us are tactical wannabe warriors. Most of us just enjoy the sport of shooting.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Israeli's also carry their pistols without one in the chamber. Hardly a role model. :p

I do agree not everyone is buying them for defensive/training/HD/zombie/whatever purposes (which is perfectly fine) so it's only relevant to some. But it was still worth mentioning for those that were considering it for such a role.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Israeli's also carry their pistols without one in the chamber. Hardly a role model. :p

I do agree not everyone is buying them for defensive/training/HD/zombie/whatever purposes (which is perfectly fine) so it's only relevant to some. But it was still worth mentioning for those that were considering it for such a role.

No problem in letting people know.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    A giant +1 on that. Not everything has to be a doomsday/tactical/omg my life is in imminent danger situation. Some people just enjoy shooting. Not all of us are tactical wannabe warriors. Most of us just enjoy the sport of shooting.

"Tactical wannabe warriors?"

I fell out of my chair.

JR1572

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Not everybody's needs are the same as mine but some people's are and for those folks mentioning that it can't be fired support side is a legit concern.

22lr

The Lost Hoosier
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Bossier City
    It's because they created doctrine for conscripts that would be receiving minimal training.

So what your saying is that this applies to the majority of US gun owners and should then be emulated?

There is something to be said for doctrine that is developed for those who have minimal training.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    So what your saying is that this applies to the majority of US gun owners and should then be emulated?

There is something to be said for doctrine that is developed for those who have minimal training.

No what I'm saying is if your are going to carry a gun as a piece of life support equipment you should invest in creating a skillset that puts you ahead of the least common denominator. And no I'm not saying it should be emulated. I'm saying its abhorrent. Just like the ability of the average American Gun Owner to use the firearms they own. But hey that's just one guys opinion. I also didn't like just being able to dog paddle and having to have others wipe my ass.

Top Bottom