James Yeager

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    I support his fervor, although its never a good idea to start threatening people especially in this political climate.. Eventually we may all need to start raising our voices.. Probably sooner rather than later..

We are going to need band together as never before or we will lose everything we hold dear.. That its all but guaranteed...

Yes, I agree. But just "who" are you going to band with? 8 or 10 of our so-called brothers will throw us under the bus in a heartbeat. Thankfully, most of us with any brains can spot them in a second and we know to stay clear of those type. They will have to go it on their own as far as I am concerned.

And I am not saying I would act like Yeager. I rather use tact over pure rage but to each his own and again, that is what makes this a great country.

One thing to remember here though... We the people ARE the government... by the people for the people and of the people... and we need to start seeing ourselves as such. Anyone (it does not matter) that comes against our constitutional rights are the invading force. These politicians took an OATH the protect and preserve that same constitution, and any that fail us should be tried for treason and dealt with accordingly.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I am familiar with the term, but I appeased you, anyway...
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole
    obvious and intentional exaggeration.
    an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as *to wait an eternity.*

Is it obvious exaggeration? No. He has the means and the ability to do as he said.
    Was it a figure of speech? No, his whole video focused on revolution, loading magazines, firing a first shot, and killing people. He did not use the phrase once, in passing, he expounded and elaborated--at length--as to what he meant.

Exactly. He is a well-trained individual with lots of guns, a following and a history that involves killing people for a living. His position and profession comes with increased responsibility and liability, and he threw both out the window.

If one of his alumni or someone who watches his Youtube videos goes out and does something stupid, he could and should be held accountable.

I respect his anger, he just royally screwed up in the way he directed it.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    Miloperator, I know this whole thing with a pending ban/restriction is very emotional for most of us in the shooting community. However,In most states your CCW can be revolked for a lot of different reasons. Obviously telling the world on Youtube that your going to start "shooting or killing people" is and should probably be one. Like basic Constitutional Law classes you have 1sr amedment to a point that you can't shot fire in a theater etc. This is no different. mr yeager is allowed a hearing to contest the decision in the future.

Hypothetically with your example if the James Holmes idiot in Auroa CO or the Adam Lanza in CT had siad the same 'I'm going to start shooting people" comment should the authorities not interviened in that as well. We all wish some of the signs for those cases would have been as out in the open as a comment like Yeagers was on Youtube. we all get mad but before you say something that dumb you need to probably step back and take a few deep breaths.

First, in no way shape or form can you compare James Holmes to James Yeager. I hope you see this?? Second, Yeager was simply making an "if than" statement. IF someone comes to take away his constitutional rights THEN he is goona shoot them. He was not saying he was going to "murder" anyone, he said he was going to "kill" someone. Murder and Killing are two different things... if you don't understand that I am not going to explain it.

And about basic Constitutional Law classes.... that is the problem with this country. Lawyers try to reshape, twist and fu**k with everything. Period! The only BASIC Constitutional Law classes I (or any of us) needs is the ones built into THE Constitution. The thing is, people don't want to accept that "simple" document... they want to make it more and more complex.

I rarely do this but in this case I will... There is a new testament quote in 1 John that goes like this: "They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us." IMO this is a perfect way to describe all the weak flip-floppers that want their guns but are willing to give away other rights to keep them.

Last edited:

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Funny how just a few months ago, there were people on this board saying Obama was better for guns than Romney. I am not of the belief hat this thread would exist had the election not gone the way it did. just sayin

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Can you give me some background on this guy. I saw he was a contractor for a little while and was also chief of a small police department. I have not located his military background or anything. He does come off as kind of a hot head and I haven't been really impressed by his yelling and cursing.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    Can you give me some background on this guy. I saw he was a contractor for a little while and was also chief of a small police department. I have not located his military background or anything. He does come off as kind of a hot head and I haven't been really impressed by his yelling and cursing.

He was a contractor... that's why you CAN'T find much of a BG on him.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Now it is about how to "game it". Plus there is winning is more important than doing the right thing. So now for some the game is let's get all the guns by any means necessary - that will be a fun thing to do. I don't think many even have thought it out past what are the ways to win at disarming. If you are really worried about quality of life lets look at some of the other big problems and prioritize them. Or should we just pick an issue that muddies up the water so bad no one can see what the real problems are.

Who here think's I am a *****? If you do is it because I am not making videos and posting them? Am I a fair weather gun owner because my reactions or timing is not what you think it should be? If you are really about standing up for yourself you have to accept you might be alone in doing so. Once you have set a course on doing the right thing you will get attrition. I have seen it as a member of a school board & various organizations and know the gun guys will about the same. Saying I will be behind you 100% means something different for the person saying it & hearing it. I have learned they will at least won't be in front of you. I've had some rugs pulled out from under me.

Once again I would rather live than die. Take that at face value. Another question I pose is if you have people that depend on you should that be a factor in your decision making?

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    Now it is about how to "game it". Plus there is winning is more important than doing the right thing. So now for some the game is let's get all the guns by any means necessary - that will be a fun thing to do. I don't think many even have thought it out past what are the ways to win at disarming. If you are really worried about quality of life lets look at some of the other big problems and prioritize them. Or should we just pick an issue that muddies up the water so bad no one can see what the real problems are.

Who here think's I am a *****? If you do is it because I am not making videos and posting them? Am I a fair weather gun owner because my reactions or timing is not what you think it should be? If you are really about standing up for yourself you have to accept you might be alone in doing so. Once you have set a course on doing the right thing you will get attrition. I have seen it as a member of a school board & various organizations and know the gun guys will about the same. Saying I will be behind you 100% means something different for the person saying it & hearing it. I have learned they will at least won't be in front of you. I've had some rugs pulled out from under me.

Once again I would rather live than die. Take that at face value. Another question I pose is if you have people that depend on you should that be a factor in your decision making?

All good questions for everyone to reflect on. That is what makes this country so great.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    Was any charges brought up on the black panther leader that was calling for his people to murder white people and kids?

NOPE. And thanks for bringing that up... although now you may be labeled a terrorist under the hate crimes act for saying that. :)

OK, so a question that falls in line with your post: James Yeager's CCW license was revoked for speaking his mind, right? So when is David Gregory going to jail over having an illegal (in DC) 30 round AR mag in his grubby little hands on national TV??

Q. WHERE IS JUSTICE???
    A. Justice is personalized these days.

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Was any charges brought up on the black panther leader that was calling for his people to murder white people and kids?

NOPE. And thanks for bringing that up... although now you may be labeled a terrorist under the hate crimes act for saying that. :)

OK, so a question that falls in line with your post: James Yeager's CCW license was revoked for speaking his mind, right? So when is David Gregory going to jail over having an illegal (in DC) 30 round AR mag in his grubby little hands on national TV??

Q. WHERE IS JUSTICE???
    A. Justice is personalized these days.

That is what I was referencing in my OP.

If agendas were not at play it would all be the same.

Last edited:

in625shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    First, in no way shape or form can you compare James Holmes to James Yeager. I hope you see this?? Second, Yeager was simply making an "if than" statement. IF someone comes to take away his constitutional rights THEN he is goona shoot them. He was not saying he was going to "murder" anyone, he said he was going to "kill" someone. Murder and Killing are two different things... if you don't understand that I am not going to explain it.

And about basic Constitutional Law classes.... that is the problem with this country. Lawyers try to reshape, twist and fu**k with everything. Period! The only BASIC Constitutional Law classes I (or any of us) needs is the ones built into THE Constitution. The thing is, people don't want to accept that "simple" document... they want to make it more and more complex.

I rarely do this but in this case I will... There is a new testament quote in 1 John that goes like this: "They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us." IMO this is a perfect way to describe all the weak flip-floppers that want their guns but are willing to give away other rights to keep them.

MilOperater, First I wasn't comparing the people to them just a hypothetical situation that IF the Colorado and Conneticut shooters would have made clames like Mr Yeager did the authorities would have intervened period. Yes Mr Yeager was refering to loosing his firearms and that is an emotional topic however if someone else made a "If" statement that they were going to shoot you or someone else with you how would YOU interpret it? Probably not well as any reasonable person would not take to that.

As far as the Law I have worked in the Federal LE side for about 16 years. I was a municipale PD and Military LE before that, about 26 years total. So I know just a little bit about the way the law and courtswork. Like I stated earlier a lot of people have said things similar to what Mr yeager has to friends, at the barbershop whatever, some have even typed similar things here or other forums. My point is if you are going to say or type that "I'm going to start shooting x,y and z persons" You better be ready for the consequences. Doesn't matter how "right" you might be on say a BS new law restricting your AR 15 there is a right and wrong way to deal with it. So do whatever your career can handle but don't cry around when you come up on the radar for saying stupid things!

Do I agree with the current push to restrict AR 15's etc because of a few idiots? No I don't but when folks like Mr Yeager make the comments he did it becomes not a gun control issue but someone getting investigated for making threats etc. With that comes a whole bunch of more negative press for the average AR 15 owners/users that we frankly don't need. You can have your arguments but it usually works better if you are the "Quite Proffessional"

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    All of this **** storm occurred because a man couldn't keep a clear, rational, calm mind.....I believe we shouldn't be controlled by the govt like we are and have been !!! All of us that think like minded should support and stand behind each other, not be bailing each other out in times of crisis because of what we say while being emotional !!! Sad to say the press is gonna make this out to be real bad, and take what he said totally out of context and everyone will go for his throat at once !!! WATCH WHAT YOU SAY AND WHO YOU SAY IT IN FRONT OF, BECAUSE WHAT YOU SAY CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU !!!!

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    He doesn't have any real background to find. Small town PD, brief and horrible career as a contractor, trainer with safety issues and a big mouth.

I haven't spent any time checking into his BG so I don't know. What made his career brief and horrible? Just curious for my own knowledge.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Please google hyperbole

Doesn't matter. The guy is a moron. He displayed himself as unstable, immature, and has a lack of good judgement. He hurt rather than helped promote our rights.

I don't see how you guys can support such actions. Fighting for our rights is better left to grownups.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom