Just got back from the movies...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    and passed by a coke machine in the theater and it was $4.00 for a 20oz coke!! I would be ok with that if a midget jumped out and did a lil dance before he/she gave me my coke, but really $4 bucks for a 20oz softdrink.....really?? Do people really pay that. the $20 to get in the movie was bad enough. Date night from now on is gonna be a redbox movie and a bag of popcorn :p

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    and passed by a coke machine in the theater and it was $4.00 for a 20oz coke!! I would be ok with that if a midget jumped out and did a lil dance before he/she gave me my coke, but really $4 bucks for a 20oz softdrink.....really?? Do people really pay that. the $20 to get in the movie was bad enough. Date night from now on is gonna be a redbox movie and a bag of popcorn :p

I know how you feel. This is why I have the Mrs. carry a large purse and stuff whatever refreshments we'll need/want in there. The cost for concessions at the theater is ludicrous and people should be ashamed for not boycotting this blatant highway robbery scheme.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Saw that 2 years ago. Good thing is now you can have an excusr for having a bottle in the theatre.
    Took some kids to see Kung Fu Panda Thursday, filled them up on Sonic drinks next door before getting in line for the tickets.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    NOW try taking your 5 year old who simply wants EVERYTHING he sees and then taking some random chick who has a kid on a date to the movies, THATS where it gets expensive BUDD hehe ................

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    That is why I support the idea that has been going around for the past couple years of drastically cutting down the length of time till movies are released to DVD. I am a semi major film fan, but going to theaters these days is outragous

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    yea.. this I go to the movies maybe 3 times a year, other than that i just wait for the DVD. Its crazy what they charge and get away with just to see a friggen movie.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    NOT to mention the movies in 3D, pay extra for the service.

And the new movie theaters that have the "VIP" section with the booths that turn into lazy chairs and sell alcohol, CHA CHINnnnnnnnnnnnn might as well go to the ATM ahead of time .

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Everytime I go I have a major problem with something. One thing that really puts me in a bad mood is when the manager comes out and lectures everyone before the movie. Then they play 30 minutes of commercials before it starts. Not trailers, but actual tv commercials. I am also highly sensitive to poorly calibrated projectors. If it's out of focus, too dim, or badly aligned with the screen I will go nuts.

I much prefer to stay home and cuddle with a date at home and watch a bluray on my 1080p projector.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Everytime I go I have a major problem with something. One thing that really puts me in a bad mood is when the manager comes out and lectures everyone before the movie. Then they play 30 minutes of commercials before it starts. Not trailers, but actual tv commercials. I am also highly sensitive to poorly calibrated projectors. If it's out of focus, too dim, or badly aligned with the screen I will go nuts.

I much prefer to stay home and cuddle with a date at home and watch a bluray on my 1080p projector.

Last one we saw was when we took the kids to POTC4. The volume turned a 180 mid-way through, during a very exciting, action sequence. The change was very noticeable. It wrecked the last half for me. From there on out, everything sounded muffled. (POTC4, Ian McShane awesome. Johnny Depp, awesome. Story? POTC has sailed. Let it go.)

Wish I could say we don't go, but we end up going to most blockbusters. 90% of what Spec and I like, the daughter likes too so it's a good excuse to get her out and spend time with her. The boy is starting to show promising signs. he LOVED Tron and Thor. Science fiction and Super heros, straight up the girlchild's alley. No arguing on movies from those two.

Expensive yeah. That part sucks. But it's a day out with the kids. We finish up eating at one of our favorite restaurants. Visiting the bookstore or some other such after.

Last edited:

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    The whole theater thing is a big frustration for me. I have been hearing impaired since my early youth and I can't understand half the dialogue in most movies. To my ears the sound editors are idiots. The balance between the sound effects and the spoken voice is all wrong. It takes all the fun out of it for me. I'd rather wait for the DVD. It costs the same or less and I get to use the captions........and the pause button.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Like Dantheman, I haven't been to a movie in years, maybe 15 years if I remember correctly. I honestly can't remember the last movie I saw in a theater. The crowds are what keep me away mostly. I kept running into felons from the prison when I was standing in line or inside walking to my seat.
    Some little democrat would walk up and say something like "Hey, sarge. How's things at Hunt? Seen big Chachee in Fox 4 lately? Tell him I said hi and I'm gonna write him soon." I'd be standing there staring at the guy as he walked away asking myself, "Who the hell was that?"
    Of course it wasn't just at the theaters. I would run across inmates at Walmart, the post office, you name it. But it always made me uncomfortable that some guy who I probably held a Mini-14 on while he worked in the vegatable gardens all those years ago would recognize me and be able to walk up on me.
    Now, I just stay home and watch my movies on DVD. I don't go out much at all these days and when I do I'm armed.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom