Just one more reason to hate it.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I lived the first 18 years of my life here, thought it was great, and it was. I moved to Texas for basic training and 5 months of tech school. Meh. Moved to Missouri for another 3 and a half months of training. Meh. Moved to California, which was where I wanted to be for God only knows what reasons. Liked it for about a DAY. Lived there for 4 years. Moved back here for college, and the only thing I can figure is Katrina effed this entire state. Baton Rouge used to be an AWESOME place, but ever since I've been back, this place has sucked DONKEY balls. I can't wait to leave, and this is coming from the same guy who used to think California was the epitome of rudeness and retardation. I still blame Katrina, though.

Blame what Katrina spread...who Katrina spread. The whole country got a good look at whats wrong with NO.

Pure trash being redistributed to the world, the liberals would have loved to plan Katrina.

In SW La we had a lot of complete devestation from Rita a month after Katrina...IIRC there was none or practically no , looting and crime. It's a NOLA thang...leave it there.

I ain't supporting the state , theres a lot wrong...but it's no different anywhere, this from me who has lived and worked in a lot of places. People are the problem and certain people are way more of a problem than others.

To live in a " perfect place " make plans for the future ...Jn 14 is a good start.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    I ain't supporting the state , theres a lot wrong...but it's no different anywhere, this from me who has lived and worked in a lot of places. People are the problem and certain people are way more of a problem than others.

You are right sir....and by "certain people" I assume you mean "hoodies"

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Exactly. I have been to South La and it's nice there. There ARE a lot of things to do. There is nice scenery. There is still some culture amongst the less desirable things there.

Up here? Nothing. Nada.

I grew up in Vicksburg. It's basically the same as you drive West on I-20. The wife went to school in Ruston. We've been to Ruston. There's stuff to do there. There's a 1000 yard range near you. You aren't too far to go to the Kisatchie National Forrest. A nice vacation could be driving to the Ozarks. Natchitoches was a surprisingly interesting town and we had a good meal there (close to where we camped).

There's stuff to do. Fun is where you decide to have it. :hs:

I will say one thing, moving to new places sometimes makes it hard to find people to hang out with. That's what you need most of the time. It takes a year or two to do so.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Make sure that when you get to where your going you look up the local forum for your new state and get on there and tell everybody there what a crappy state they live in.
    IF this is such a crappy place why on earth would you get back on this LA forum after you leave the state.
    Let's see, you got paid for education from this crappy state and only have to work for a short time and then you can hit the highway. I'm with the other poster and wish you would
    stfu and quit moaning and pissing about it. You ever think that maybe your attitude towards other people in this state is what gets you a negative response in your interactions with others?

I'll pass on accepting charity that I don't need.

Wait until no later than Jan 31, 2013, and I will be posting from a new AO and be in a much better mood :)
    Ever since I was about 1 year into college, I knew I would move as soon as I finished my contract.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Look...y'all raised enough for a gun for LGD, that was a noble thing and I'm impressed no matter the outcome.

CAN WE please buy this guy a bus ticket to anyfreakinwhere but here...OMG, I am so tired of his whining.

I didn't throw up for the Glock ...I promise to give for this.

$20!

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Look...y'all raised enough for a gun for LGD, that was a noble thing and I'm impressed no matter the outcome.

CAN WE please buy this guy a bus ticket to anyfreakinwhere but here...OMG, I am so tired of his whining.

I didn't throw up for the Glock ...I promise to give for this.

I'm seconding LSP's use of emoticons on this.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'll double what I put up for the Meth Glock --- $40.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Blame what Katrina spread...who Katrina spread. The whole country got a good look at whats wrong with NO.

Pure trash being redistributed to the world, the liberals would have loved to plan Katrina.

In SW La we had a lot of complete devestation from Rita a month after Katrina...IIRC there was none or practically no , looting and crime. It's a NOLA thang...leave it there.

To live in a " perfect place " make plans for the future ...Jn 14 is a good start.
    I don't think I'm going some place perfect, but there is no reason to deal with living in a place like this just because nowhere is perfect. That's like someone saying they don't mind a cancer diagnosis bcause everyone gets a cold now and then.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I grew up in Vicksburg. It's basically the same as you drive West on I-20. The wife went to school in Ruston. We've been to Ruston. There's stuff to do there. There's a 1000 yard range near you. You aren't too far to go to the Kisatchie National Forrest. A nice vacation could be driving to the Ozarks. Natchitoches was a surprisingly interesting town and we had a good meal there (close to where we camped).

There's stuff to do. Fun is where you decide to have it. :hs:

I will say one thing, moving to new places sometimes makes it hard to find people to hang out with. That's what you need most of the time. It takes a year or two to do so.
    that's just it. I cant have friends here, it seems. I have made lots of friends in the last five years, but they all left as soon as they were able because its such a crappy area to live. I'm last man standing :(

H.Bear

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    New Orleans
    So, instead of giving me my cash back, this overgrown prison-colony of a state has issued me a credit-card.

I wonder what they would have to say about me changing my exemptions to the maximum and mailing the shits a VISA gift-card in return when I file next year.

Just one more reason--beyond having the third shortest life-expectancy, second highest obesity prevalence, second from the bottom education ranking, and most likely state to be murdered in--to hate this place.

/rant

**** that...Louisiana is awesome....it's not Louisiana you hate, it's Shreveport.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Make sure that when you get to where your going you look up the local forum for your new state and get on there and tell everybody there what a crappy state they live in.
    IF this is such a crappy place why on earth would you get back on this LA forum after you leave the state.
    Let's see, you got paid for education from this crappy state and only have to work for a short time and then you can hit the highway. I'm with the other poster and wish you would
    stfu and quit moaning and pissing about it. You ever think that maybe your attitude towards other people in this state is what gets you a negative response in your interactions with others?
    Maybe this place just sucks? This state didn't pay for my education, the federal government did, through grants to lsus, who gave me the scholarship. For who it concerns, I think lsus had some great faculty and facility when I attended. I came here happy and open to the area, hoping to meet a lot of new, cool people. My attitude is a reaction to what I found instead. Sorry, but facts aren't hate. This state is a bad place by all accounts.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    **** that...Louisiana is awesome....it's not Louisiana you hate, it's Shreveport.
    I have only lived in shreveport, so maybe you're right, but from the posts on this forum...I dunno. It sounds like the whole state is very crime filled. I have not lived in other parts of it though.

Last edited:

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Meth Glock??? Did I miss something?

I am aware of the swindle perpetrated on some good-hearted (maybe not so much now) members, but... wait... perhaps you are suggesting that 'house fire' was not of, shall we say, normal origins?:D

Certain folks keep mentioning that there were signs that the fire may have been caused by someone improperly cooking chicken. A shake and bake fire is what i think they called it. I don't see why thats so bad..but it's not up to me

blitztech

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Houston
    Who cares if it's crime filled? That's why we're gun owners! If you look you'll notice everyone else has crime too... There are plenty of places to live here that aren't bad.

I grew up in Florida, spent 8 years in Mississippi, and now live in Nola and am perfectly content with it. There's plenty to do here, the people are friendly, lots of jobs available, and plenty of culture. The state overtaxes a little, but its far cheaper to live here than a lot of other places with all this.

Meanwhile I just wrote them an $11 check for the tax man. Close enough for me.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Where are you from btw. Not going to use it as ammunition against you or anything. Just wondering what you've been comparing the state/city you live in to.
    I lived in blanchard as a kid, then moved to mcallen,tx for highschool. That wasn't my choice, but I liked it okay. Had great friends there, and people were friendly and approachable. I had language barrier issues, though, and theft was a big deal. I would not choose to move back to a border town, I like hills and trees, too.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Who cares if it's crime filled? That's why we're gun owners! If you look you'll notice everyone else has crime too... There are plenty of places to live here that aren't bad.

I grew up in Florida, spent 8 years in Mississippi, and now live in Nola and am perfectly content with it. There's plenty to do here, the people are friendly, lots of jobs available, and plenty of culture. The state overtaxes a little, but its far cheaper to live here than a lot of other places with all this.

Meanwhile I just wrote them an $11 check for the tax man. Close enough for me.

Joke?
    Being a gun owner negates crime for you?

Sure, crime is everywhere, but why live where its the worst?

blitztech

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Houston
    Sure, crime is everywhere, but why live where its the worst?

Trust me, the crime where I live is the least of my worries. I don't fear crime, I prepare for it and chances are it won't happen. I don't go looking for trouble and I keep to my own. That negates everything but random crimes. So living in an area of any large town where crime is sparse, and preventing yourself from getting involved with nonsense will keep you pretty damn safe.

Top Bottom