Just one more reason to hate it.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Trust me, the crime where I live is the least of my worries. I don't fear crime, I prepare for it and chances are it won't happen. I don't go looking for trouble and I keep to my own. That negates everything but random crimes. So living in an area of any large town where crime is sparse, and preventing yourself from getting involved with nonsense will keep you pretty damn safe.
    I agree, but if given the choice, ill avoid it.

J

jayd

Get what?

You got something to say, say it.

If you'll allow me to read between the lines ;)

He wanted to post GET THE %$#& OUT carpet bagger, and furthermore you mealy mouth crybaby
    You will never be happy anywhere you go. You are unhappy with life in general by the sounds of it
    If you can't makes friends....maybe the problem is YOU

::rantover::

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

He wanted to post GET THE %$#& OUT carpet bagger, and furthermore you mealy mouth crybaby
    You will never be happy anywhere you go. You are unhappy with life in general by the sounds of it

I have plenty of friends--none live here--they all got out. I'm sure you can think of many ways to blame "the problem" on me, but then I see how almost all of the posts of those who are taking up for this state focus on racial hate-crimes, crooked cops, and extortion of the welfare system, and it makes me laugh. Half this forum is about your hatred for the same things that this state is so infamous for. But then, someone comes along and points it out and you cling to the Bayou state. I guess that's what they mean by "emotional attachment". Fair enough. 'Nuttinfancy calls that "The second kind of cool"--it's an opinion and not up for debate. Like I said before, I respect your opinion, but I cannot find fact to support that opinion, for myself.

I know by your posts that you think this state is great--maybe you found your niche here. Obviously some people like it or it would be desolate. Just not for me, and I already stated the reasons.

To those who are so happy to have me leave--for the love of whatever god you worship, I hope you stay put right here where you fit in. There. We've both offered our highest insults. :thumbsup:

Carpetbagger---sorry, I was born here. It just never "took".

Last edited:

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Shake and bake is a term used to describe the production of meth; usually in a trailer by less-than-Rhodes-scholar-material types. If not done carefully, explosion and fire can result; and does, quite often. That's what I thought he was talking about.

Kind of puts a new twist on the Good Samaritan thing, eh?

:rofl: I know what "shake n bake" is.....my dorky sense of humor flew over some peoples head. Guess i shoulda put a little smiley face at the end. :D

and yes that's what's being implied about the fire

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods

Like water off a ducks back...

This is the battery bunny of whining

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    So, instead of giving me my cash back, this overgrown prison-colony of a state has issued me a credit-card.

I wonder what they would have to say about me changing my exemptions to the maximum and mailing the shits a VISA gift-card in return when I file next year.

Just one more reason--beyond having the third shortest life-expectancy, second highest obesity prevalence, second from the bottom education ranking, and most likely state to be murdered in--to hate this place.

/rant
    If ya dont like it,leave it...nobody tellin you to stay....

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Sorry. Believe it or not, a lot of folks DON'T know what it means.

Say... how do YOU know, anyway?????:rofl:

How do I know what shake and bake means? Well if you're referring to meth production I believe WAFB taught me about a year ago.
    If you're referring to pork chops and chicken then that would be my sainted mother who I love dearly but she's not the best cook and back in the 70's she practically force fed me shake n bake at least five nights per week.
    Hope i never see that horrible red powder again...:D

BRitchieLCK

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    How do I know what shake and bake means? Well if you're referring to meth production I believe WAFB taught me about a year ago.
    If you're referring to pork chops and chicken then that would be my sainted mother who I love dearly but she's not the best cook and back in the 70's she practically force fed me shake n bake at least five nights per week.
    Hope i never see that horrible red powder again...:D

It's Shake & Bake and I helped lol
    eb052856.jpg

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Oh...the horror...the nightmares......make it go away. For the sake of children everywhere I sure hope they don't still make that stuff.
    Just look at the expression on the little girls face....."please mom not again"

Last edited:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Certain folks keep mentioning that there were signs that the fire may have been caused by someone improperly cooking chicken. A shake and bake fire is what i think they called it. I don't see why thats so bad..but it's not up to me

Dude, stop spreading rumors. It's just not cool and only helps to cause problems.

They were pork chops, NOT chicken!

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Where are you from and where are you going?

Story of my life in geography...

Born in Shreveport, age 0.
    Lived/grew up in-between Waskom and Bethany, age 0-7. (very favorable opinion, Waskom struck me as a very friendly town. More later on this).
    Parents divorced, moved to live part-time with one of them in Greenwood, age 7-8. (Did not like it there so much. Bad apartment complex.)
    Mom re-married, moved to Blanchard (Hated it, was stuck in a private school with a bunch of higher-income families kids and didn't fit at all.) Age 8-13.
    Moved to McAllen,TX for highschool. Took a few years to realize that people WERE cool and then I LOVED having the friends I never had when I went to the rich-kid school. Life was good. 13-18.
    Moved back here for college and took over the home I grew up in from 0-7. Worked in Waskom. Very friendly town and all the people waved at me. I was City Maintenance and made $5.75 and hour, but the work was honest, and simple, and I had time to think. I really liked it. I then held a few different jobs in Shreveport (Ford, Sears, Direct TV. Those were Okay, LOVED working for Ford, though.)
    Moved to Shreveport when I was 19, lived there ever since. People are rude, very clannish/cliqish and I have learned just to go to work, pump iron, shop for food, and otherwise keep to myself. Very hostile environment here outside of work/the gym imo.
    Moving to the Fayetteville, AR area in early '13 is my plan. Review demographics, population, education, crime, etc. and you will see that it's much more in-line with what people on this forum, and myself, seem to lust after--An educated, lower-crime population with nation-leading lows in unemployment and beautiful country reasonably priced, with very relaxed gun-laws. During my visits there, people have been relaxed and friendly, and don't mind talking to a stranger.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Story of my life in geography...

Born in Shreveport, age 0.
    Lived/grew up in-between Waskom and Bethany, age 0-7. (very favorable opinion, Waskom struck me as a very friendly town. More later on this).
    Parents divorced, moved to live part-time with one of them in Greenwood, age 7-8. (Did not like it there so much. Bad apartment complex.)
    Mom re-married, moved to Blanchard (Hated it, was stuck in a private school with a bunch of higher-income families kids and didn't fit at all.) Age 8-13.
    Moved to McAllen,TX for highschool. Took a few years to realize that people WERE cool and then I LOVED having the friends I never had when I went to the rich-kid school. Life was good. 13-18.
    Moved back here for college and took over the home I grew up in from 0-7. Worked in Waskom. Very friendly town and all the people waved at me. I was City Maintenance and made $5.75 and hour, but the work was honest, and simple, and I had time to think. I really liked it. I then held a few different jobs in Shreveport (Ford, Sears, Direct TV. Those were Okay, LOVED working for Ford, though.)
    Moved to Shreveport when I was 19, lived there ever since. People are rude, very clannish/cliqish and I have learned just to go to work, pump iron, shop for food, and otherwise keep to myself. Very hostile environment here outside of work/the gym imo.
    Moving to the Fayetteville, AR area in early '13 is my plan. Review demographics, population, education, crime, etc. and you will see that it's much more in-line with what people on this forum, and myself, seem to lust after--An educated, lower-crime population with nation-leading lows in unemployment and beautiful country reasonably priced, with very relaxed gun-laws. During my visits there, people have been relaxed and friendly, and don't mind talking to a stranger.

Oh the resume...look, just let him call Dr Phil...I will swear to watch that one

Top Bottom