Keep your eyes open on Westbank, ESPECIALLY LEO

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    So I was involved in a hit n run today on the corner of Maplewood Dr. and Ute Dr. When I started to call 911 to report it and have a officer come out, they commented about me calling police then got in their truck and ran.(2016+ Toyota Tundra with TSS package in Black), occupants were 2 black males late 20's/early 30's. Little shorter than 6ft tall. I chased them down with the 911 operator on the phone and gave the license plate number, then pulled over to wait for an officer. The officer ran the license plate, and told me the truck is registered in New Orleans and he can't do anything about it, besides fill out a Hit&Run report. Sounds like BS to me, but whatever. So if you see a black Tundra with white paint and damage down the passenger side of the truck, please call JPSO and report the location of the truck. Officer that responded was officer Ron/Robert Howard. Really nice guy. Maybe he is on here?

Attachments

• 25353908_131456450883343_8811373086687227053_n.jpg
      25353908_131456450883343_8811373086687227053_n.jpg
      58.9 KB · Views: 144
    • 25354012_131456367550018_349578937194703879_n.jpg
      25354012_131456367550018_349578937194703879_n.jpg
      58.5 KB · Views: 176

Sniper56

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    Same thing happened to me about 4 years ago and my insurance company called State Trooper office, they took tag info and tracked the guy and he was charged with leaving the scene of an accident, his insurance company notified and paid to fix my car.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    So I was involved in a hit n run today on the corner of Maplewood Dr. and Ute Dr. When I started to call 911 to report it and have a officer come out, they commented about me calling police then got in their truck and ran.(2016+ Toyota Tundra with TSS package in Black), occupants were 2 black males late 20's/early 30's. Little shorter than 6ft tall. I chased them down with the 911 operator on the phone and gave the license plate number, then pulled over to wait for an officer. The officer ran the license plate, and told me the truck is registered in New Orleans and he can't do anything about it, besides fill out a Hit&Run report. Sounds like BS to me, but whatever. So if you see a black Tundra with white paint and damage down the passenger side of the truck, please call JPSO and report the location of the truck. Officer that responded was officer Ron/Robert Howard. Really nice guy. Maybe he is on here?
    Pics of their truck / damage?
    What street & direction did they leave in?
    I am in that area often. That is kind of a bad corner.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Same thing happened to me about 4 years ago and my insurance company called State Trooper office, they took tag info and tracked the guy and he was charged with leaving the scene of an accident, his insurance company notified and paid to fix my car.

do you remember how long that process took? I already disassembled front end, and ordered all the parts needed to fix my truck... Being a ASE/ICAR certified tech helps... Lol

Pics of their truck / damage?
    What street & direction did they leave in?
    I am in that area often. That is kind of a bad corner.

they took off down maplewood towards Harvey playground. Couldn't get pics. To busy doing 60mph+ down maplewood to get license plate number. Didn't get a chance to take pics of truck before they took off.

M77Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2017
    Columbia, LA
    Hate to hear that. When my wife bought her car 5 years ago this month, we were going to make a couple of deer hunts in Alabama with a friend of mine. The car was 5 days old, and we stopped to eat supper in Hattiesburg. When we left the restaurant headed back to the interstate we were stopped by a redlight and a dude in a Mercury Marquis (older model) rear ended us. He backed up and took off down the road that intersected the 5 lane we were on. It took me by such surprise and being pretty dark, we did not get his plate number. It was a pretty busy intersection and NO ONE stopped to see if we were okay. Called 911 and it took 45 minutes for a deputy to show up. Don't know if I have ever been as mad as I was that night. Hope you find the scumbag that did it and they prosecute him.

weekendracer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    New Orleans

I hate to break it to you, but New Orleans has WAY bigger issues than a non-injury hit and run. I'm not being a dick, it's just that simple. They are down in manpower and it's almost a war zone in some places. I was serving a warrant at once site, NOPD was 3 houses down doing something else with 4-5 units on scene. The entire street just looked at us and didn't even blink to having 15-20 LEO's running around.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I hate to break it to you, but New Orleans has WAY bigger issues than a non-injury hit and run. I'm not being a dick, it's just that simple. They are down in manpower and it's almost a war zone in some places. I was serving a warrant at once site, NOPD was 3 houses down doing something else with 4-5 units on scene. The entire street just looked at us and didn't even blink to having 15-20 LEO's running around.

I completely understand. I knew right away nothing is gonna happen with it. N.O. is a **** show in every way possible. Recruiting dept has tried to recruit me twice, and I've told them twice, they don't pay enough to deal with the **** y'all gotta handle. I've already ordered parts on my own dime to fox my truck. My entire car club is on the look out for the truck. We will report it when we see it... We all realize, that's likely the only way it will be found.

Last edited:

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.

If u have the license plate number and a description of the vehicle you should go to NOPD and follow up with them. If they don't care go to any of the State Troopers stationed in the area and you should get results. If the officer on scene gave you the address of registered owner there are endless ways to get satisfaction.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    My parents were just rear ended on Friday on Camp St. Downtown. They exchanged info with the guy that rear ended them (they were stopped at a light, and the guy must have been texting and hit them without hitting the brakes). They called 911, and the police told them since no one was seriously injured they would not come. Well, the insurance info the guy gave came up as being expired a few months back. They ended up claiming it on their own insurance and giving all the info (license plate number, driver name and insurance info over to the insurance company so they can go after them).

Crazy, but I'm having less and less incentive to stay in New Orleans. Knowing if I ever need to use 911, they are no where to be found. My family is in TX, and I can find a job in just about any city.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    My parents were just rear ended on Friday on Camp St. Downtown. They exchanged info with the guy that rear ended them (they were stopped at a light, and the guy must have been texting and hit them without hitting the brakes). They called 911, and the police told them since no one was seriously injured they would not come. Well, the insurance info the guy gave came up as being expired a few months back. They ended up claiming it on their own insurance and giving all the info (license plate number, driver name and insurance info over to the insurance company so they can go after them).

Crazy, but I'm having less and less incentive to stay in New Orleans. Knowing if I ever need to use 911, they are no where to be found. My family is in TX, and I can find a job in just about any city.

Yeah. If you have family in a better place, I can't see why you'd stay at all. I don't mean anything against anyone personally, but the more I see what really goes on and how things are handled in this city, the less confidence I have in our govmnt and law enforcement.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I would like to give a huge shout-out/thank you, to member on here. He was at work going about his day, and saw a truck that he thought may be the truck that hit me, sent me a pic, and even got a plate number. I've been in close contact with JPSO since he contacted me, and according to JPSO detective assigned to the case, they are basically waiting for the truck to return to the location ( a home ) where the truck was seen, and the house is being "cased" by JPSO until this happens. So once again, THANK YOU! If you'd like to identify yourself, that's awesome, but I"m not going to put you out there without permission.

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I would like to give a huge shout-out/thank you, to member on here. He was at work going about his day, and saw a truck that he thought may be the truck that hit me, sent me a pic, and even got a plate number. I've been in close contact with JPSO since he contacted me, and according to JPSO detective assigned to the case, they are basically waiting for the truck to return to the location ( a home ) where the truck was seen, and the house is being "cased" by JPSO until this happens. So once again, THANK YOU! If you'd like to identify yourself, that's awesome, but I"m not going to put you out there without permission.

Kewl.

Top Bottom