Labor Day Weekend Grilling

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • luv1979

Genesis 27:3
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Who else is firing up the grill this Labor Day Weekend?

Planning to put the grill to good use here over the long weekend, grilling chicken breasts tonight, steaks tomorrow night before the ULM / Oklahoma game and then the usual burgers, sausage and dogs on Monday.

Happy Labor Day and Happy Grilling Everyone!

frankinola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    plan on doing smoked chuck roast and then brick chicken, of course garlic and potatoes will join the grill. will make homemade Italian bread and add olive oil and roasted garlic to the loaves sliced in half.
    frank

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I finished my new pit just in time for the weekend. Then decided to book a bowfishing trip in grand isle and not even gonna use it lol
    anazy4yt.jpg
    4e5evyda.jpg
    ejady5eb.jpg

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Great looking rig!

Thanks. I build pits when the shop slows down.... It's an obsession lol.
    Well sometimes I design them and they build them. I use to build them when I was in the shop.
    I am designing and cutting out a bench to donate for the CCA banquet.
    I will have pics when I put it together.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Just scored a used meat grinder. Very tempted to buy a steak, mix in some bacon, and grill a couple of burgers. Hmm, steak, or steak and bacon burgers. You got to love freedom of choice.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Im not cooking, but on Sunday we are having a bbq at work. Got 2 pigs for free and a cook coming all the way from lafayette to cook them. Even though I work retail and sometimes the hours suck, it amazing what happens when you take of your employees and customers. The 2 pigs and cook are coming for free. All we are doing is providing the location.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Im not cooking, but on Sunday we are having a bbq at work. Got 2 pigs for free and a cook coming all the way from lafayette to cook them. Even though I work retail and sometimes the hours suck, it amazing what happens when you take of your employees and customers. The 2 pigs and cook are coming for free. All we are doing is providing the location.

Awesome!

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Even better, I just got a message after skinning the two pigs they had trapped for us they smelled a little weird when they cleaned them. So, they ditched those and got two more pigs. Damn, this has the potential to be one of the best weekends ever, for me at least.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    I've rolled and Smoked a fattie .

NO... I didn't get high. :rolleyes: :p
    NO... I didn't mug people outside the local weight watchers. :D
    What I did do is treat the kids to a flavor explosion. I cooked a "chilli-cheese" version of the fattie in the link for dinner tonight.

chilicheesefattieingredients_zps62a416db.jpg

• 1lb Pork sausage
    • 1lb bacon
    • Chili to taste (I put too much and it's a mess)
    • Cheese to taste (about 8 oz works well)
    • Chopped onion (optional)

The kids like Hormel chili so we used that, but I'm going to make one for me later this weekend either without chili or with Mrs. Parallel's chili.

chillicheesefattie_sausagerolledout_zps9f14e245.jpg

Place the 1lb of sausage into a 1 gallon Ziploc bag and roll it flat and even with a rolling pin. Be sure to get the air pockets out as you roll.

chillicheesefattie_baconweave_zps2f0246df.jpg

Prepare a bacon weave on parchment paper...

chillicheesefattie_addcheese_zps06feb0b0.jpg

Cut open the Ziploc bag and add the chopped onion, chili and cheese being sure to keep it away from the edges so it can seal...

chillicheesefattie_addbaocnweave_zpsdbf662f8.jpg

Start at one end of the Ziploc bag and use it to roll the filled sausage like a sushi roll. Then, place the sausage roll on the bacon weave and roll it as well. Seal the ends using a butter knife and smoke at 350° indirect until 165° internal temp.

chilicheesefattie_abitoverdone_zpsa6838d09.jpg

I overdid it a bit but I don't think it will matter except that some of the filling leaked out.

chilicheesefattie_protectedbyHampK2_zpsbbb92efd.jpg

After a ten minute rest (it should have rested for at least fifteen minutes as it was still hot enough to ooze filling when cut...

chilicheesefattie_protectedbyHampK_zps95098e47.jpg

Money Shot! Protected from the hungry masses by H&K p7.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I've rolled and Smoked a fattie .

NO... I didn't get high. :rolleyes: :p
    NO... I didn't mug people outside the local weight watchers. :D
    What I did do is treat the kids to a flavor explosion. I cooked a "chilli-cheese" version of the fattie in the link for dinner tonight.

chilicheesefattieingredients_zps62a416db.jpg

• 1lb Pork sausage
    • 1lb bacon
    • Chili to taste (I put too much and it's a mess)
    • Cheese to taste (about 8 oz works well)
    • Chopped onion (optional)

The kids like Hormel chili so we used that, but I'm going to make one for me later this weekend either without chili or with Mrs. Parallel's chili.

chillicheesefattie_sausagerolledout_zps9f14e245.jpg

Place the 1lb of sausage into a 1 gallon Ziploc bag and roll it flat and even with a rolling pin. Be sure to get the air pockets out as you roll.

chillicheesefattie_baconweave_zps2f0246df.jpg

Prepare a bacon weave on parchment paper...

chillicheesefattie_addcheese_zps06feb0b0.jpg

Cut open the Ziploc bag and add the chopped onion, chili and cheese being sure to keep it away from the edges so it can seal...

chillicheesefattie_addbaocnweave_zpsdbf662f8.jpg

Start at one end of the Ziploc bag and use it to roll the filled sausage like a sushi roll. Then, place the sausage roll on the bacon weave and roll it as well. Seal the ends using a butter knife and smoke at 350° indirect until 165° internal temp.

chilicheesefattie_abitoverdone_zpsa6838d09.jpg

I overdid it a bit but I don't think it will matter except that some of the filling leaked out.

chilicheesefattie_protectedbyHampK2_zpsbbb92efd.jpg

After a ten minute rest (it should have rested for at least fifteen minutes as it was still hot enough to ooze filling when cut...

I have seen the top of the mountain, and it is good.

Thanks, now I'm hungry.

JR1572

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    I've decided that I'm going to do a breakfast fattie tomorrow for brunch. Because I want the kids to eat it I'll keep it simple; probably just precooked tater tots in the center with layered scrambled egg and cheese inside the sausage and of course wrapped in bacon.

Also, I have a brisket in the refrigerator soaking up the flavors of the rub that I'll be smoking over night tomorrow night. A 14 lb beast that I figure should take right around 20 hours.

FirstBrisket14lbs_zps8fcfe90f.jpg

FirstBrisketTrimmed_zps309a2a99.jpg

FirstBrisketwithSpiceRub_zpse379154c.jpg

Last edited:

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    Did this Wednesday on a camping trip and just finished up the leftovers. 5.5 pound pork loin, cut sliced down the side and stuffed it with apple slices, wrapped in bacon, mixed seasoning, and butter. Wrapped it in foil and set it on the grill for 5 hours. Had to serve it with tongs because it pulled apart so easy.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA

My buddy that I am watching the game with saw that from across the room saw these pics and said lets go get everything and do that tonight. It reminded me of an experiment I tried a while back, something I dubbed the fritochillibaconhotdogcheeseburger... As I typed this, my buddy is really driving me nuts trying to get us to do your concoction tonight... I tried to tell him doing it for the first time would take a while to prep and cook, but he is mesmerized. Below is pictures of my fritochillibaconhotdogcheeseburger. For tonight, just some chicken breasts, unless I look at your pics more, or less, let my buddy catch a glimpse of them again.

DSCN1473.jpg

DSCN1479.jpg

DSCN1483.jpg

As I typed this, my buddy is really driving me nuts trying to get us to do your concoction tonight...

Top Bottom