Lake Charles Gun Club

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I almost asked you about that range in the AR15 parts post. I ran across it on the internet but never could get any contact info on it. Sounds like a good price for that range.
    Congrats - sounds like you will have fun.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    I am a member of the Lake Area Rifle and Pistol Club. They only have a 200yd large caliber range, but they have an action pistol ring, lots of knock down steel plates, and a moving target at the end of the range.

Lots of fun too.

DAVE

Splash

Resident Basket Case
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Sulphur, La
    Nice gun club but skeet shooters take precedent over rifle range. Went there a couple times only to find out I couldnt shoot because they were skeet shooting.

cexodusk

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Tuesday and Wednesday all day is strictly Rifle shooting.

any other day, open (sunrise) till 11:30am is rifle

I have had no problems on tuesday and wednesday, I bought my membership mainly to rifle shoot and if they try to say I cant shoot on the days its for rifles only they will be getting my thoughts :)

Splash

Resident Basket Case
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Sulphur, La
    I know, but i wish they would switch a Sat or Sun for a Tues or Wed, since most people work on Tues and Wed. There are still times even on Sat mornings where the whole range will be tied up in a skeet shoot and you wont find out till you get there. Next time I see Alex i'll mention swapping a Sat or Sun

ar15 shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Warning About Lake Charles Gun Club

:( This club advertises a low annual fee but beware...... Despite the fact that you are a member they close the facility most weekends and even some week days for private events and members are not allowed to shoot there during those times. They do post a monthly email about these closings but lately its even getting worse I just went there during a recent weekend when it was supposed to be open and it was closed for a private shooting event and members were not allowed to shoot there. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    :( This club advertises a low annual fee but beware...... Despite the fact that you are a member they close the facility most weekends and even some week days for private events and members are not allowed to shoot there during those times. They do post a monthly email about these closings but lately its even getting worse I just went there during a recent weekend when it was supposed to be open and it was closed for a private shooting event and members were not allowed to shoot there. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

That's no good. The e-mails do normally have a few weekends per month the range is closed. Place is starting to get really busy compared to when I started going.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I haven't been there in a while....I let my membership lapse a few months ago...

The emails I did get only listed occasional closings with those being mainly on weekends...Never bothered me too much b/c I mainly went on weekdays when there was hardly anybody there...

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Yeah I generally go during the weekend, so those closings do affect me. I don't mind, but would be upset if I showed up on a day that wasn't scheduled as closed and was turned away. That's bs.

Top Bottom