Last Three Isaac models don't look good.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    That is the one that I am saying scares me. From my understanding it wont lose much strength while it is still over the coast. Then once it hits about Lake Charles it will make a right hand turn and head North.

So, You're saying it follows I-10 west and makes a hard right at intersection with U.S. Hwy 165 North?? I can stand a little rain!! Just don't need any "refugees", if you know what I mean. We are still trying to deport the left overs from Katrina! :draw:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    My concern is that with the river so low, will enough salt water be pushed up river to affect the water supply here in NOLA?

The water already has some problems up to at least St. Charles Parish. I detected a strange aftertaste in water from 2 places - one on each side of the river - here in New Orleans yesterday. Today I heard that St. Charles had put out an alert saying the taste was in their water but was not anything harmful. They blamed it on the low river level.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Hell, I'm getting paid OT right now to drink coffee on my front porch! We sent our blast & paint crew in yesterday morning, I came in yesterday afternoon, the last couple of guys will be leaving our platform this afternoon.

Cookies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    BAFB

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Is it just me or have the forcasters gotten too smart???? It seams like this season they cannot predict like they use to.......... In the past they could look a few days out and they were usually pretty close........now with more predicitors out there the tracks are all over the place and no one wants to be wrong or on the opposite side everyone wants another Katrina for the headlines??????

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    The latest forecast models as of 11 am CDT

models_storm2.jpg

Last edited:

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Hell, I'm getting paid OT right now to drink coffee on my front porch! We sent our blast & paint crew in yesterday morning, I came in yesterday afternoon, the last couple of guys will be leaving our platform this afternoon.
    Me also! We evacuated our construction and paint crew on Friday and us production guys came in yesterday. I hope to NOT have a repeat of Ivan, or Katrina, or Rita, or Ike.. etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Alfred92
    Top Bottom