Lawsuit Against Louisiana

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    If it's any solace, Col. Edmonson of the LASPolice said it was pretty screwed up and was in the process of being handled a bit better with a bunch more phone lines and personnel added, working more hours to try and sort it out. Didn't pay attention because it doesn't involve me but I did hear the State Police Colonel talking about the problem on TV a day or so ago if it makes you feel better.

He is just looking for more $, he has already raided the highway funds for their 25% raaise, so now no highway repair money.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Well for one they are accusing people of guilt attached to a civil fine; And you're required to spend time and money prove your innocence instead of the State having to prove your guilt (as provided in our constitution). I received a demand letter from these idiots for my son (that moved to South America before his insurance lapsed). There is no law that you have to report you are moving to the state of Louisiana. It's nothing more than a money grab via the Louisiana State Police. Good luck getting your children interested in moving back home.

Did he turn his plates in within 10 days of the lapsed ins? It's simple show proof of the date the plates were turned in and proof of the last day he had ins. Two papers and the problem solved no big deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Did he turn his plates in within 10 days of the lapsed ins? It's simple show proof of the date the plates were turned in and proof of the last day he had ins. Two papers and the problem solved no big deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is ten days the rule? Cause I had insurance lapse a couple months ago on a Sunday. I was going to turn the plate in Monday but called to work so I went Wednesday or Thursday. So it was a few days. Haven't gotten any letters.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Is ten days the rule? Cause I had insurance lapse a couple months ago on a Sunday. I was going to turn the plate in Monday but called to work so I went Wednesday or Thursday. So it was a few days. Haven't gotten any letters.

It could have changed but I'm sure it is still 10 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FXDWG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2015
    Covington, LA
    I can empathize with the frustration of dealing with LA DMV bureaucratic screw-up.

Many years ago, I went to renew my license in Baton Rouge and was informed that I could not renew - because I was dead. I laughed, but they were serious. I asked the lady if she often spoke to dead people and she laughed, but stated that their records indicated that I had been killed in a traffic accident. Then she told me that I had been in a particular car. However I had sold it many months earlier. Thanks to sloppy police work at an accident scene, I had been listed as deceased and nobody made an attempt to verify any further details. (It always made me wonder how they handled the notification to the family, since nobody notified my wife or me that I was dead...) Of course, the physical differences between the actual dead guy and me could not have been more obvious...

Consider how hard it is to get them to accept your point of view with a matter as simple as an insurance verification with known dates and documents. Then imagine having to prove to LA DMV that you are not dead once they have decided that you are. It took weeks to finally convince them that the man speaking with them was truly alive.

FXDWG

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom