LDWF Sting Operation -- Deer, Choupique & Sac-a-lait (with Commentary by MEM)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    MEM pontificates at the end, in his usual grandiose and pseudo-authoritative manner, about the undercover operation conducted by Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries agents that sacked up a fairly big-time fish & game outlaw.
    http://www.wafb.com/story/17324401/ldwf

Man charged with 55 counts of selling, buying game fish and deer meat
    April 03, 2012 3:41 PM CDT

James Parish (WAFB) - A St. James Parish man is facing a laundry list of charges related to buying and selling game fish and deer meat.

Roy Folse, 66, was arrested Tuesday after a five-year investigation by the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries.

According to the offense report, undercover agents sold Folse over 1,800 Crappie and 84 Bowfin. They also witnessed him buying 130 lbs. of deer sausage and three deer hindquarters, as well as sold over 1,000 Crappie, 74 Bowfin and two deer hindquarters.

Agents charged Folse with 55 citations for crimes across St. James, Iberville, Ascension and St. John Parishes.

More charges are pending against Folse and his associates from which he bought or sold game fish and wildlife.

Any chance Spanky could convince him to serve as a moderator -- maybe for the "Military & Law Enforcement Forum" ??

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I'm not super happy with that particular law either sometimes, but MEM is still a few cashews short of a bag of mixed nuts.

Edit to add: kudos to the DLWF. That is a big bust, they should be proud of themselves. I'd be thrilled with buying wild duck and some game fish, but that's a slippery slope to endangered species.

Last edited:

SSaltz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    LDWF Agents Arrest St. James Man for Illegally Purchasing and Selling Fish and Game
    Printable Version

Release Date: 04/03/2012

Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) Enforcement Division agents arrested a St. James man for alleged multiple wildlife and fishery violations on April 3.

After executing a search warrant of his residence, agents arrested Roy Folse, 66, for the illegal purchase and selling of game fish and wildlife among other charges and booked him into the St. James Parish Prison.

LDWF undercover agents have investigated Folse since 2007 when they first sold him two red snapper. Over the course of the investigation, undercover agents sold and purchased game fish and wildlife from Folse or witnessed Folse selling or purchasing game fish and wildlife in St. James, Ascension, Iberville and St. John parishes.

According to the offense report, undercover agents sold Folse over 1,800 crappie and 84 bowfin. Undercover agents also witnessed Folse purchase 130 pounds of deer sausage and three deer hindquarters and sell over 1,000 crappie, 74 bowfin and two deer hindquarters.

Future charges are also pending against Folse and his associates from which he bought or sold game fish and wildlife.

Agents charged Folse with 55 citations for crimes committed between March of 2010 to January of 2012 in the following parishes:

In St. James Parish: 13 counts of purchasing game fish; 12 counts of selling game fish; one count of selling fish without a wholesale/retail license; one count of transporting fish without the required license; one count of failing to maintain records; one count of taking commercial fish without a commercial license; one count of taking game fish illegally; and one count of taking commercial fish without a gear license.

In Iberville Parish: four counts of purchasing deer meat; two counts of selling deer meat; two counts of transporting fish without the required license; two counts of buying fish without a wholesale/retail license; and two counts of failing to maintain records.

In Ascension Parish: two counts of buying fish without a wholesale/retail license; two counts of failing to maintain records; two counts of transporting fish without the required license; one count of selling deer meat; and one count of selling game fish.

In St. John Parish: one count of buying fish without a wholesale/retail license; one count of maintaining records; and one count of transporting fish without the required license.

Selling and purchasing game fish brings a $350 to $500 fine and 30 days in jail for the first offense. Second offense carries a $500 to $1,000 fine and 60 days in jail. For each subsequent offense, Folse faces up to a $1,000 to $2,000 fine and 90 days in jail.

Selling and purchasing deer meat brings a $500 to $750 fine and up to 30 days in jail for the first offense. For all subsequent offenses, Folse faces a $750 to $1,000 fine and up to 120 days in jail.

Taking game fish illegally brings a $400 to $950 fine and up to 180 days in jail.

Selling fish without a wholesale/retail license, failing to maintain records, transporting fish without the required license, taking commercial fish without a commercial license or gear license each bring a fine between $250 and $500 and up to 90 days in jail. A second offense carries a $500 to $800 fine and up to 120 days in jail. All subsequent offenses bring a $750 to $1,000 fine and up to 120 days in jail.

LDWF strike force agents participating in the case were Lt. Joe Arnaud, Sgt. Davis Madere, Sgt. Todd Laviolette, Senior Agent William Boyd, Senior Agent Doug Danna, Agent Jake Darden and undercover agents.

For more information, contact Adam Einck at 225-765-2465 or aeinck@wlf.la.gov.

Fishing
    Boating
    Hunting
    Wildlife
    Enforcement
    WMA

Search

Contact Us
    About
    Sitemap
    Site Disclaimer

1-800-256-2749 | (225) 765-2800 | Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, P.O. Box 98000
    2000 Quail Dr. Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70898

This is straight from wildlife and fisheries website

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    So I catch 150 White Perch with some friends and want to sell them to some co-workers. Big freakin deal! :rolleyes:

They followed him for 5 years?! to what put him in jail longer?! I hate when a case is made, but they decide to just let it ride out for YEARS!!! to pile up the charges.

I'm sure they didn't twist his arm when they sold him the Crappie either :rolleyes: Probably convinced the guy it was legal to do so knowing they were lying. Nope, never seen an Agent do that before.

The entrapment line is VERY thin ...

I wouldnt have put it so eliquintly and would probably have been deleted so Ill say DITTO!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I wouldnt have put it so eliquintly and would probably have been deleted so Ill say DITTO!

Well I did but you caught me :p

It's a shame a man can't catch or kill wild game and sell it to who ever is willing to buy it.

In fact the reason I have an issue with this is rooted in about 400 years of Family history. My ancestors in the early 1600's were kicked out of Canada b/c they wouldn't agree to pay the taxes to the government for the Fur's and Skins they were trading. So they deported them down the river to Avoyelles Parish :p

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I read that as it may have been an on-going area problem that they've been investigating for five years and recently he came across their radar.

It can be a big deal. Obviously that's how alligators ended up as an endangered species at one time. I wouldn't want certain ducks to be thinned out too much either. But other states do allow the sale of some game meat. I wish Louisiana could as well.

I don't think selling some white perch is a big deal in itself. There is money spent in equipment and fuel. But the ones that are often arrested are the ones doing it on a near daily basis. I think it's a double sided coin. I don't like the law entirely, but I think it's worse when you have poachers.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I personally feel that if someone wants to bust his ass and catch a ton of fish and turn around and sell them, so be it.. they are being consumed.. the only difference is the guy may not be doing it with pretty lights and aquariums around and maybe selling real fish instead of damned Chinese carp as a great meal.. oh, and let me pay 25 bucks.. that fixes everything!!!

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Well I did but you caught me :p

It's a shame a man can't catch or kill wild game and sell it to who ever is willing to buy it.

There ya go --- let's get rid of all those game laws. Shoot those ducks, geese, gators & deer 12 months out of the year, day or night. Shoot as many as you want. Who's it gonna hurt -- and why should anybody care ?? It's a heritage thing.

(Typical Louisiana dumba$$ed outlook).

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    You either better have a strong relationship with him or should show him some better respect.. I personally do not believe personal freedoms as a dumbass outlook.. I wouldnt have the ballz to tell Hitman hes a dumbass ...

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    You either better have a strong relationship with him or should show him some better respect.. I personally do not believe personal freedoms as a dumbass outlook.. I wouldnt have the ballz to tell Hitman hes a dumbass ...

It's dawg23, what else is there to say?..... :rolleyes:

I said, "It's a shame a man can't catch or kill wild game and sell it to who ever is willing to buy it."

and dawg comprehends this;
    There ya go --- let's get rid of all those game laws. Shoot those ducks, geese, gators & deer 12 months out of the year, day or night. Shoot as many as you want. Who's it gonna hurt -- and why should anybody care ?? It's a heritage thing.

(Typical Louisiana dumba$$ed outlook).

swoosh...nothing but fail!

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    The game laws are there for a reason. They should be obeyed.

As usual, there will be people here that know everything and have no respect for the law.

JR1572

Top Bottom