Look what I saw rolling down Veteran's Today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Hey please don't use my real name on the forum! I think the Israeli ones are a bit cheaper, but buying out of Slidell would be nice. The military has over 1800 of them that have been in service for at least ten years so the M1117's are well reviewed. The Golan also holds more men and is more powerful.

Todbnla: Do you know of the Homeland one like in the picture is armed? They usually have remote weapons systems but that one doesn't appear to have anything.. Maybe they remove the arms unless it's needed?

Last edited:

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Homeland Sacurity. Isn't that a man with a rifle or shotgun defend his homestead and family? Why do we need an organization for that?

Because after 9/11 President Bush and his adviser's (along with many others) realized there was a lack of organization among intelligence and enforcement agencies of the US.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Don't worry. I think these are part of a bunch of vehicles that our govt. bought over seas to sell for scrap. They'll probably store them in Miss. for awhile first. Then later, auction them for scrap metal.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Don't worry. I think these are part of a bunch of vehicles that our govt. bought over seas to sell for scrap. They'll probably store them in Miss. for awhile first. Then later, auction them for scrap metal.

Phew... glad I don't have to worry anymore.

todbnla

Spendasauris
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Picayune, MS
    Todbnla: Do you know of the Homeland one like in the picture is armed? They usually have remote weapons systems but that one doesn't appear to have anything.. Maybe they remove the arms unless it's needed?

Not sure, I googled golan mwrap and there are more homeland sec units pics posted one in the dallas area but the pic is too big to post on this forum, here is the link, I think like you said, either not loaded for parade/street duty or as an option? Other pics I saw showed ballistic glass like windows with gun ports where you could stick a troops rifle out of?
    link: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2552/4186387905_c04c5c125a_o.jpg

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Doesn't every DHS SAC office around the country have these vehicles?

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    They have these things because they're so sure they can't be countered by us law abiding Americans. Boy are they wrong lol. If you're a craftsman and use round copper blanks, you might want to pick them up before they are gone. I know I'm getting as many as I can before some dude with a physics / Chem background decides to buy every one in the state.

Last edited:

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Not sure, I googled golan mwrap and there are more homeland sec units pics posted one in the dallas area but the pic is too big to post on this forum, here is the link, I think like you said, either not loaded for parade/street duty or as an option? Other pics I saw showed ballistic glass like windows with gun ports where you could stick a troops rifle out of?
    link: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2552/4186387905_c04c5c125a_o.jpg

Yeah that one you linked definitely isn't armed because the weapon system should be right where that guy is on top of it. Kept they all are armored and have firing ports. Pretty sure the panels can be switched out for weight and portability vs. protection level, be it small arms or LMG's etc. No way these are for illegal immigrants..

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah that plus the 450 million rounds of ammo and bullet resistant booths has me dying to know what's going on that I'm obviously unaware of.

Come on, it's for when the TSA is given full "Civilian Police power" over all citizens, LEO and military as the personal presidential police force. Papers please...

That's disconcerting. That's very disconcerting. Guess it's time to become a clerical worker for Border Patrol.

I hear the Secret Service is hiring... LOL!

Last edited:

biggie1447

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    Slidell

Been nice if they bought some M1117's local from that place on the northshore;
    MRAP_ASV.jpg

True, however the ones made on the northshore have a mk19 grenade launcher paired with a fifty in the turret. I don't think we need to give them any more firepower.....

Top Bottom