Louisiana now solidly RED - how long before Constitutional Carry?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Last year, I corresponded with Franklin Foil, my state senator. He was one of the few Republicans who voted against the bill. Foil claims that the sheriff, Sid Gautreau, was against it. Supposedly, the sheriff said that his deputies would have an increased threat, because they would not know who had a gun or not. Also, there was not a provision for training in the bill.

My message was:
    • Right now, there are these categories: Permit holders - mostly good guys, good guys who are willing to take a chance, good guys who leave their weapons at home because the right has been infringed, and bad guys who have a gun and don’t care about laws anyway. Doesn’t it seem better to have more armed “good guys?”
    • We have a Constitutional right to defend ourselves. A “permit” has been already been granted and issued to us in the 2nd amendment.
    • I want to defend my family and myself. The police are powerless to immediately respond to a threat to my family. If my ability to protect my family is taken away, under the “takings clause” of the 5th Amendment, if the government takes away something, I am eligible for “just compensation.”
    • What is “ just compensation?” OK, so station a protective officer on site in my home. Of course, that’s impossible. “”When seconds count, the police are coming in about 20 minutes.”
    • Well, there is already someone who is willing and able to protect my family and property. That is me (and my wife.)
    • Together, we ARE THE MILITIA! The whole of all of us together are the way our society can protect our communities.
    •Americans need to insist that our rights be respected.

geeck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    LSA handles or is consulted on all the gun legislation in Louisiana. After the CC VETO fiasco it was decided not to waste any political capital on Constitutional Carry with "Taco Bell" Edwards in the Governor's Mansion. The powers to be assured us it would be a quick shoe-in after the election, we'll see!

Everyone on this board should be a member of the LSA - Louisiana Shooting Association

https://louisianashooting.com/

The LSA has an Annual meeting usually at Cabelas in Gonzales in February iirc Join the LSA online or at the meeting, if you own firearms in this State you should be a member.

Cbt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    SouthernUnderGod ... Great response.

Btw, do you know if Sheriff Sid Gautreaux actually made that statement or held that belief ~ or did someone attribute it to him incorrectly. I really don't know, but would like to for HIS next election.
    In reality, his deputies "don't know who has a weapon" *regardless* of permitting ~ they should *always* suspect a weapon could be present, because it in fact COULD be true.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Sid Gautreaux is 100% against "Constitutional" and "Permitless" carry, he has said so on TV, in press conferences, and in the news. He was a Democrat for his entire life until 2011, when he seemingly changed his mind and core beliefs at about 60yrs old...because people that age really do that (not).

"We do not need more people running around with guns." - Sid Gautreaux

deuce2626

Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jul 21, 2023
    Slidell
    My understanding is that Gov elect Landry in a speech to his GOP colleagues outlining his agenda mentioned constitutional carry. So, it should get done.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    SouthernUnderGod_____ Very approperate response... Correct me if I am wrong but has"nt the Supreme Court ruled that the police have no resposibility to actually protect us.................................. They come out after something has happened................................................ What is better?? A good guy with a gun when needed or to have 10 police officers on the phone saying that they will try and get there as soon as they can because they are busy answering calls if they show up at all................................................... The bad guys do not follow the laws concerning to gun laws......................................... and if and when they get caught then they get a slap on the wrist / let go with the govt saying go forth and sin no more...... And back on the streets before the ink on the arrest report has dried. These government officials need to follow the written law and not their feelings ................................................................ Will have to wait and see if the new gov elect will follow thru with what he has said he would do.................................................... drill sgt.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    With the Governor, the house, the senate, and AG now strongly Republican, how long will it take them to enact constitutional carry?

They have no excuses.

My guess is that it will be much like when Trump had a red House and red Senate for two years. Remember all those sweeping changes to restore the 2A? Neither do I.
    I don’t think that NBC, CNN, Hollywood, the Democratic Party, 80 million bleeding heart liberals and dead folks will stand in the way. It might just get done.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    SouthernUnderGod ... Great response.

Btw, do you know if Sheriff Sid Gautreaux actually made that statement or held that belief ~ or did someone attribute it to him incorrectly. I really don't know, but would like to for HIS next election.
    In reality, his deputies "don't know who has a weapon" *regardless* of permitting ~ they should *always* suspect a weapon could be present, because it in fact COULD be true.
    The media already covered that, but I’ll look and try to find it. It was mentioned who strongly resisted though and Gautreaux was a strong “Nay”. If I’m not mistaken, his comments were indeed made public.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Allah Hu Ak-whaaat???
    You know, it is becoming more and more obvious that ordinary Christian worship is considered Zealotry. I find it hard to imagine that anyone following what is considered by many, a peaceful religion, could be labeled a terrorist or a radical or Zealot. It's not the Christian believers that are seeking to harm anyone!

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    You shouldn't be. There are better ways to foster law abiding, moral and ethical, common sense based conservative values without primarily using religion as a cudgel!

If deep faith keeps people happy, productive, moral, and law abiding; I'm all for it. To use it as the primary basis for political decision making is a recipe for disaster. Too much room for hypocrisy (which almost ALWAYS happens)!
    I gladly get behind the spiritual beliefs of our founding fathers, and the spiritual beliefs that have helped this great nation become what it once was. Christian beliefs. Maybe we need to get back to what used to be.

Top Bottom