LPK preference?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    This info is simply untrue. I would assume the Machine Shop manufacturing the parts is in the buisness of making money so having a name to secret to be mentioned would seem silly.

You are simply wrong.
    There are only a few manufactures that make LPK parts for the masses. Even then they are only making trigger, hammer, sear and selector lever, the rest they buy by the pound and package up. He's not telling who it is because they don't do retail and many of them do NOT want their name out there. They are a manufacturer, period. Chances are you wouldn't know the name if he gave it to you. That is very common in manufacturing.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    If Nick says the parts are quality then they're quality. He's an honest guy. If there's a reason why he can't give the manufacturer's name than I respect that. I have also felt in the past that I got very evasive answers from Nate concerning a class. But we PM'ed and now I understand his reasons. They were good I respect that.

What I'm saying is Nick's a stand up guy. How about we cut him a little slack and quit sounding so confrontational?

Dave

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    It's simple; you said you had magic beans that were better than other people's magic beans. We asked what other people, you wouldn't answer. We asked what was special about your beans, again you were vague and again evasive. Don't claim to have something better and then not be able to quantify what better means.

Remember I called you awhile back and asked you if you have ever heard of a specific company? (Can't remember to save my life)

They lied to me and said they made rifles for Argentina or something like that?

That is the company he is referring to, and it is out of Florida.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    If Nick says the parts are quality then they're quality. He's an honest guy. If there's a reason why he can't give the manufacturer's name than I respect that. I have also felt in the past that I got very evasive answers from Nate concerning a class. But we PM'ed and now I understand his reasons. They were good I respect that.

What I'm saying is Nick's a stand up guy. How about we cut him a little slack and quit sounding so confrontational?

Dave
    He can say...but he would rather hedge around, instead. Because....we wouldn't know who they were. We are not 07' FFL holders. A slew of other reasons. But he could tell us. He'd just rather have his credibility questioned than to be forthcoming about his product. Sounds legit to me!

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Remember I called you awhile back and asked you if you have ever heard of a specific company? (Can't remember to save my life)

They lied to me and said they made rifles for Argentina or something like that?

That is the company he is referring to, and it is out of Florida.

Well that's not all that inspiring.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    You are simply wrong.
    There are only a few manufactures that make LPK parts for the masses. Even then they are only making trigger, hammer, sear and selector lever, the rest they buy by the pound and package up. He's not telling who it is because they don't do retail and many of them do NOT want their name out there. They are a manufacturer, period. Chances are you wouldn't know the name if he gave it to you. That is very common in manufacturing.

I've been in a couple plants and seen those companies making the bulk of their own small parts. If he doesn't want to name the manufacturer then maybe he could clarify who's parts he feels his are superior to.

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Well that's not all that inspiring.

Not supposed to be, the company was shady.

They kept a running list of 07 fils and called on them heavy.

Their sales people were outside guys that didn't even work for the company.

I am not saying they didn't put out a good product, what I am saying is they couldn't prove it to me.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    And that's my point EXACTLY. When I buy a Colt lower parts kit I know what I'm getting bc Colt builds the bulk of those parts and the ones they buy come from sources that can be vetted and verified. If the company in question claimed to be a DOD supplier that's a lie. The DOD doesn't buy parts. Army Tank and Automotive Command does and they are provided as part of the contract let to purchase the rifles. In other words they don't buy rifles from FN and Parts from Joes Machine Shop. Both come from FN.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    If I said the name of the manufacture, nobody here would know who they are. They don't have a public web page, they don't have any marketing. They get their customers through referrals. I was referred by a supplier who couldn't supply what I was looking for, well they just didn't want to deal with a specialty kit just for me, and no, at that level the kit wasn't branded yet either.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I've been in a couple plants and seen those companies making the bulk of their own small parts. If he doesn't want to name the manufacturer then maybe he could clarify who's parts he feels his are superior to.

Fair enough.

I have no idea who it is and don't care. So long as it goes bang when it should.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    If I said the name of the manufacture, nobody here would know who they are. They don't have a public web page, they don't have any marketing. They get their customers through referrals. I was referred by a supplier who couldn't supply what I was looking for, well they just didn't want to deal with a specialty kit just for me, and no, at that level the kit wasn't branded yet either.
    You say you are not legally bound not to tell us.
    You know who makes the parts.
    You would rather have your integrity questioned that to reveal the mfr. name.
    Logically, you feel that you are best serving your business this way, or you wouldn't do it.
    This says a lot about this manufacturer, in a logical sort of way.

mdr

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I think you guys are busting his balls over details of a business arrangement. When money is involved there could be many reasons for non-disclosure. With your: doctor, lawyer jeweler, gunsmith, parts supplier you either trust or not. He said he got the same price for the (15K ) order. That might be an important detail in this mystery.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I know a handful of companies selling these parts under their brand, I have the option of buying from those companies in kits they configured at a wholesale price. I chose to go straight to the manufacture and purchase the parts at the OEM level from a reference from one of those companies. Mentioning those brands when selling my parts would be unethical and going behind the back of the brand that gave me the referral to reveal their manufacture would be unethical. However you see it from the outside, I can't burn industry bridges on the inside.

If I would have bought these kits from a company that branded them, I would be happy to mention their name.

I can't speak for this manufacture, but some manufactures don't want to compete with their customers and that is why they choose not to brand their parts. It has been a selling point of many distributors and manufactures when signing up for new accounts.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I just ask the same professional courtesy Nate and his business partners extend through their business arrangements.

www.advantagegrouptraining.com hit the link on the bottom right, unity tactical

http://www.unitytactical.com/ click consulting

http://www.unitytactical.com/consulting-2/

We have strong relationships with traditional CNC shops as well as high quality injection molding manufacturers to provide guidance in a wide range of product development.

We operate under strict confidentiality and listen intently to your design goals and requirements. Our interest is in seeing your project succeed. We are open to partnerships and other business arrangements. We are honest and transparent. We will tell you if a project is outside of our expertise and do our best to guide you to someone who is capable of fulfilling your needs. We won’t waste time or money.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    It's a just a communications faux pas. Marketing flaw. You made a claim that you can't back up. I believe you in what you say about the specifics of the arrangement. I don't think you had /any/ ill intent here and don't think any worse of you or your parts. I think you probably just learned something about advertising/marketing/communication though, in that you can't (easily) make a claim without substance.

If you had just said you were putting together Ferrara Firearms LPKs and wanted to know what people wanted to see in it, it probably would have gone much smoother. You started talking about other companies' practices and products, probably without thinking about whether you'd have to explain that or not. But you tried to build your product by saying you didn't want to make the mistakes others do. You left questions that you couldn't answer and it just makes you look bad even when you're not doing anything bad. Appearances... that's all.

One thing I've learned is to never say one word beyond what is concrete. Don't compare myself to others. <This> is what I do, and <this> is why it's good, and <here> is what it will cost. If you aren't happy with that price point, I can offer <this> product which still performs in <this capacity> but lacks <feature> which reduces the price.

All of the above are things that don't leave questions. They don't bring <other products/companies> into the mix which put me on the spot to talk about other companies, which, if it's anything other than respect or flattery, will make me look petty and slanderous. But if you only praise other companies, how can you say your stuff is better than anyone's? You can't. It's a no win. So I don't bring up other companies. There are concrete factual claims such as lead times that are neutral statements. "They're great stuff, but right now their lead time is about 8 months. If you want something now I can make that happen, if you don't want to wait the 8 mos for <company>" - it doesn't speak to their quality or performance, only stating a logistics fact.

I think you're getting nailed here kind of hard for what it is, honestly, and I hope people see that.

I mean, it's not like you're doing a Mark LaRue, here.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    So you're saying that because another company promises secrecy in product development you shouldn't name who makes the parts for something that has a published spec? Really?

The biggest part of this whole thing(for me personally), is that I can buy a LPK sans trigger group from white oak for $43. I have faith in that company, know that they don't use ****, etc. For about $15 more I can buy the parts individually from colt.

I understand that you're saying that the parts that you are getting are better than _______ because you saw _____'s quality of production change. How can you expect the consumer to believe that your product is/will be superior to theirs, when you've done nothing to show that? There is no brand that has been vetted or developed a trust of, there is no link to their stating what standards they hold themselves to. Just what you're saying and you're the one trying to sell them.

If we believed everything that a sales person told us we would all have houses full of shamwows, ruggies, and diamond coated non stick pans. Saying it is better doesn't make it better, you need to show us how it is better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom