LSA Website

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    After i finally got logged on, it rejected two credit cards I know to be good.

I seem to recall it being very difficult previously, also.

leV

jdhunt3

The LeatherMeister!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Slidell, LA
    Folks, if you're having problems with the website, please contact me directly and I'll be more than happy to help you out. Let's take the issues one at a time.

1. The credit card issue is not the LSA site, but instead the bank that accepts our credit cards for us, which is HSBC, the largest bank in the world. If you are having problems, it is likely that you have a P.O. Box as a mailing address. We have had an on-going issue with only some folks who have P.O. Boxes as their mailing address, although not all folks. In some cases the issuing bank has a physical address on file for you, even though they mail your statements to your P.O. Box. I have spent countless hours on the phone with our credit card help desk only to find that if you have a P.O. Box, they claim it's your bank's fault. I know this is substantially less than a satisfactory answer, but one I have received each time I've tried to deal with this issue.

2. Logging on. We updated our databases this week to make it easier for me to do the year end reports required by the CMP and NRA for our affiliations. I needed some additional data fields, I now I have them. If you were able to log on but could not go further, try again. If it doesn't work, please PM me and let me know. If you give me a phone number, I'll call you ASAP.

3. If you have tried to log on but you cannot, there may be a couple of issues. I just checked the root directory and there does not appear to be anyone who has had their temporary password rejected by their ISP in the last few days, so everyone should be okay. Again, if you are having problems, PM me and I'll return your e-mail or call you ASAP.

Do remember that I have a day job, so I will be as responsive as possible. Thanks for supporting the LSA and thanks for putting up with us! We are trying as hard as we can.

Jay

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    1. The credit card issue is not the LSA site, but instead the bank that accepts our credit cards for us, which is HSBC, the largest bank in the world. If you are having problems, it is likely that you have a P.O. Box as a mailing address. We have had an on-going issue with only some folks who have P.O. Boxes as their mailing address, although not all folks. In some cases the issuing bank has a physical address on file for you, even though they mail your statements to your P.O. Box. I have spent countless hours on the phone with our credit card help desk only to find that if you have a P.O. Box, they claim it's your bank's fault. I know this is substantially less than a satisfactory answer, but one I have received each time I've tried to deal with this issue.

Change the fraud settings so it does not reject cards for an address mismatch (AVS).

Top Bottom