LSU Folks: Got Muslim?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    radical-islam.jpg

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I forgot about our Islamic Center on Campus here at University of Louisiana at Lafayette. I'm sure suicide bomb making and EFP crafting isn't on their required curriculum. I hope none of you out of Towners show up, I'd hate for one of our homegrown insurgents to kill us all.

The tinfoil and bigotry is astounding. There are fanatics in all religions. Not just Islam.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Islam, the religion of peace. Got a challenge for you who think moose limbs are so peaceful. Go to your local Baptist (or whatever denomination you want), and burn a bible. Then go to any mosque in the middle east and burn a koran. See how peaceful they are.

I don't think hitler was a practicing Christian... If he was, he definitely had problems with the 10 commandments.

YUSUFALI: And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith. http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/002-qmt.php#002.191

Yeah, sounds nice and peaceful.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    It also says in the Bible to kill those that don't follow your true God.

As many christians have shown - it's about how you practice your faith, not how a bunch of people can pick out quotes from the book.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Last I checked christians killed more people than any other group in history. Convert or die gave most people the religion they have now. It really just boils down to where you were born, religions are largely geographical.

How many of those deaths can be attributed to Methodists?
    Baptists?
    Presbyterians?

Luther nailed his theses to the door of the church in protest.

What I haven't seen is any moderate Muslims doing anything similar.
    Now, granted the Catholic church doesn't saw the heads off those who disagree with it and this could be why we do not see any Muslims denouncing the radicals.

It could also be that our wonderful media has chosen not to air any footage of dissenting Muslims.
    And if that is so, that's just as scary as the radicals.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA

As many christians have shown - it's about how you practice your faith, not how a bunch of people can pick out quotes from the book.

You do know that the Old Testament of the Bible, the Koran, and the Torah are pretty much the same.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth

Its does, but Christians aren't the ones terrorizing the world today.

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Its does, but Christians aren't the ones terrorizing the world today.
    Debatable. There's plenty of violence committed against abortion-performing doctors, clinics, and even the family of the doctors. Bombings, even.

The KKK is/was most certainly a group that fits the definition.

It comes and goes, and severity depends on how much of a timeline you care to call 'relevant', really.

If you expand to international issues, Ireland is a pretty good example. That terrorist shot and blew up a school in Oslo, Norway because of fundamentalist Christian views and an anti-immigration passion.

You do know that the Old Testament of the Bible, the Koran, and the Torah are pretty much the same.
    Don't bring facts into this fight - it upsets the "infidels"

BobKaro

Yellow Boxes? Sweet!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Youngsville, LA
    How many of those deaths can be attributed to Methodists?
    Baptists?
    Presbyterians?

Luther nailed his theses to the door of the church in protest.

What I haven't seen is any moderate Muslims doing anything similar.
    Now, granted the Catholic church doesn't saw the heads off those who disagree with it and this could be why we do not see any Muslims denouncing the radicals.

It could also be that our wonderful media has chosen not to air any footage of dissenting Muslims.
    And if that is so, that's just as scary as the radicals.

You didn't see all the peace demonstrations in Benghazi following the attacks last year?

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Don't bring facts into this fight - it upsets the "infidels"

if by "infidels" you mean me, I'm an atheist so I don't care what people think about any religion. Practice any religion you like, I just have my own beliefs about Islam based on what I see in the world.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe

That would be an Old Testament reference would it not? The moose limb book is written to be current. Christianity changed a lot with that Jesus dude.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    That would be an Old Testament reference would it not? The moose limb book is written to be current. Christianity changed a lot with that Jesus dude.
    Didn't you just reference the Ten Commandments?
    I don't think hitler was a practicing Christian... If he was, he definitely had problems with the 10 commandments.

When it's convenient, the old testament matters.
    When it's not convenient, the old testament is just history.

That must be so nice to be able to pick and choose how you want to practice your religion. You can do it - so why assume some Muslims don't do the same? ...and please stop saying "moose limbs" - it's immature and unnecessary.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Didn't you just reference the Ten Commandments?

When it's convenient, the old testament matters.
    When it's not convenient, the old testament is just history.

That must be so nice to be able to pick and choose how you want to practice your religion. You can do it - so why assume some Muslims don't do the same? ...and please stop saying "moose limbs" - it's immature and unnecessary.

How do you know my religion? And, can you give me one instance where Jesus went against the 10 commandments? If the mods don't like moose limbs, I am sure they know how to notify me.

The moose limbs like to kill cartoonists..

Here is a good moose limb example of accepting other views: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyllands-Posten_Muhammad_cartoons_controversy
    February 2006, some of which escalated into violence resulting in more than 200 reported deaths, attacks on Danish and other European diplomatic missions, attacks on churches and Christians, and a major international boycott

The old and new testament are different. Pork is no longer unacceptable, we don't keep women in tents for one week a month... When will the moose limbs come out with their version of a 'new koran'? One that does not advocate death for apostates? Women's rights?

Mohamed was a pedophile... Has that changed? (think arranged marriages..., an 8 year old girl died recently from one). Jesus, or moose limb going on here: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/child-bride-dies-wedding-night-yemen-article-1.1450874 (Caution, not a nice link.)

I would be interested in where you can show me a reference to Jesus in the old testament. There is a definite split in Christianity between the old and new testament. Might have something to do with that whole Christ part of it...

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Again, the actions of individuals do not represent the entirety of their religion.

This is true for Christians as it is for Muslims. It's illogical to apply a set of rules to one faith and not the other.

If a Muslim executes an act of villainy, it's because the religion is evil. If a Christian executes an act of villainy, it's because he's exceptional and wrong.

It's a double standard and illogical.

I didn't say you were breaking a site rule by using the term "moose limb" instead of Muslim. I just asked that you'd stop, in the case you wanted to participate in a discussion like a big boy.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Again, the actions of individuals do not represent the entirety of their religion.

This is true for Christians as it is for Muslims. It's illogical to apply a set of rules to one faith and not the other.

If a Muslim executes an act of villainy, it's because the religion is evil. If a Christian executes an act of villainy, it's because he's exceptional and wrong.

It's a double standard and illogical.

I didn't say you were breaking a site rule by using the term "moose limb" instead of Muslim. I just asked that you'd stop, in the case you wanted to participate in a discussion like a big boy.

Show me, like a big boy, where Christians have been more violent than moose limbs, in say, the last 20 years. Want me to start?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...f-11e3-82ef-a059e54c49d0_gallery.html#photo=1

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/28/us/nidal-hasan-sentencing/index.html

Maybe a little eye for an eye: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKIUtBCyt50

I was hoping you would participate in the discussion.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Post 31 contains a few such examples.

However, like I said, it's irrelevant. I would no sooner claim all Christians are evil because of those actions than people should claim that about Muslims because of a select relatively few radicals.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Post 31 contains a few such examples.

However, like I said, it's irrelevant. I would no sooner claim all Christians are evil because of those actions than people should claim that about Muslims because of a select relatively few radicals.

Post 31 has links to what?

I thought we had our big boy pants on. How about honor killings. It is the popular thing with the christians right? Oh wait. It is not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing

Please feel free at any time to interject facts and links about the old testament and new testament.

Qur'an (40:28) - A man is introduced as a believer, but one who must "hide his faith" among those who are not believers.

Qur'an (3:28) - This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends, unless it is to "guard themselves."

both quotes from here: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/011-taqiyya.htm

Here is a fun one:
    Book 017, Number 4207:

Imran b. Husain reported that a woman from Juhaina came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and she had become pregnant because of adultery. She said: Allah's Apostle, I have done something for which (prescribed punishment) must be imposed upon me, so impose that. Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) called her master and said: Treat her well, and when she delivers bring her to me. He did accordingly. Then Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) pronounced judgment about her and her clothes were tied around her and then he commanded and she was stoned to death. He then prayed over her (dead body). Thereupon Umar said to him: Allah's Apostle, you offer prayer for her, whereas she had committed adultery! Thereupon he said: She has made such a repentance that if it were to be divided among seventy men of Medina, it would be enough. Have you found any repentance better than this that she sacr ficed her life for Allah, the Majestic? http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/hadith/muslim/017-smt.php#017.4206

What did that Jesus dude say, throw all the stones until they are dead... Wait, paraphrasing here, but let he who has committed no sin cast the first stone.. Now that is some old school Old Testament arse kicking there.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom