Magazine Shaped Cleaning kit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.S.Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Hey everyone my name is Peter Palma and I moved to Louisiana after I met Blake Miguez from New Iberia on Top Shot. I'm going to LSU as an engineering student. While I was in the Marines I came up with an idea for a cleaning kit case. I have a kickstarter for it, here is the link
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/823246061/ms-clean-the-magazine-shaped-cleaning-kit?ref=live

Let me preface with... The pouch storing MS Clean in should be placed in an area where it cannot be easily confused with actual magazines and is not designed to replace a magazine. It will also not fit into a magazine well and can be produced in other colors. We also intend to develop a foam insert to keep the tools and supplies in place.”

Also fellow Marine I served with wrote an article in recoil magazine about it, here is the link.
    http://www.recoilweb.com/ms-clean-magazine-shaped-cleaning-kit-28399.html

If you like it please show your support and share our idea. Thank you for your time!

GLOCKCRAZZ

Custom Sheath Maker
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    May 23, 2007
    BR AREA
    Hi Pete,
    Welcome to Bayou Shooter!!!!
    I just listened to a episode of AR 15 podcast you were on. MS clean sounds like a great a idea.
    Missed out on the kickstarter deal but it looks like this project is a go now.
    Congrats!!!

Anyone else here seen the pics on Facebook?

Sent from the Bayou Custom Sheaths workbench.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Peter,
    Why are you going with a curved mag design? Wouldn't straight function the same and be simpler as well as fit the contents easier? Would straight vs curve affect die costs?

I like the concept.

GLOCKCRAZZ

Custom Sheath Maker
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    May 23, 2007
    BR AREA
    Pete does good job covering issues and concerns with the MS clean on this podcast.
    http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ar15/~3/KHI_St61tAk/

He talked about what the mag shape was chosen. Colors and future ideas for the MS clean. Including med kits using the box. It's worth a listen.

Maybe we can get Pete to do a group buy for us here.

Sent from the Bayou Custom Sheaths workbench.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Then don't put it where you'd put a mag.

So don't put a cleaning kit in my range bag with all my mags?????

It's a compact cleaning kit, isn't being able to have it with your rig pretty much the point of it being compact and able to fit into the rig you already have?

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    So don't put a cleaning kit in my range bag with all my mags?????

It's a compact cleaning kit, isn't being able to have it with your rig pretty much the point of it being compact and able to fit into the rig you already have?

Yeah that's why I thought the bright colors would be the best route to go. You should try to get one in HOT pink that would keep you from mixing it with your mags...or would it?

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    i guess yall missed the part where the kit is slightly bigger than a mag so therefore it CAN NOT fit into the magwell

Wouldn't matter if it fit because you still wasted time trying to make it fit. I wouldn't put it in a mag holder and take the chance.

MOTOR51

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I guess all things considered I just don't understand why it's shaped like a mag? "Here's a cleaning kit that's in a container specially designed to limit where you can keep it."

Neat.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Colors only work when there's light, and since it's basically dark half the time, colors will only help 50% of the time. Even then, when I've done mag changes, I'm not looking at them anyway. I put full ones in a pouch one way and empties in another and just go off of feel and practice.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Colors only work when there's light, and since it's basically dark half the time, colors will only help 50% of the time. Even then, when I've done mag changes, I'm not looking at them anyway. I put full ones in a pouch one way and empties in another and just go off of feel and practice.

I understand what your saying and speed makes a good point too having just a small normal shaped kit would probably be a better route. The mag type probably appeals to the tacticool type and would be great for marketing i guess too.

Not stirring the pot but i have to ask about your above post if it where a different color and is larger you would feel the difference right off the bat for the half the time your talking about the other half visual confirmation would assist but above all else, would you really keep a cleaning kit regardless of it being shaped like a mag in the same location as your full mags? I just have to ask because if you train in the dark and by feel all of the above just makes me scratch my head..

As a side note for you I've always found the bore snakes to be handle for a quick barrel clean. It would be lacking some of the things i normally keep in my cleaning kit. I've thought of something similar to this before just never got to it with my never ending list of projects just getting one of the double sided jig boxes from wal-mart and doing some dremal work to make it custom.

Sks985

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Slidell
    I may be wrong, but I don't think LEO and tactical use is the market he's going after. To me it seem like something you would put in a range bag or just something cool to keep on your bench.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I may be wrong, but I don't think LEO and tactical use is the market he's going after. To me it seem like something you would put in a range bag or just something cool to keep on your bench.

From the Recoil article:

"Last Friday a new product popped up on Kickstarter, a product that a growing number of shooters (myself included) are excited to see. The new product is the ‘MS Clean LLC Cleaning Kit.’ Simply put, its an M4 magazine shaped polymer cleaning kit that provides the ability to carry your rifle support gear at the ready, 24/7, in any standard magazine pouch or pocket."

Top Bottom