Man suffering Alzheimers shot by homeowner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Self defense being thrown out due to leaving the house is a bit of an over-simplification, but in essence, you can't claim you were in fear for your life when you were the aggressor in a conflict. There is a big difference in shooting somebody when they just broke down your door and going out into the yard and shooting somebody because they won't obey your commands.

no doubt...just like Zimmerman wouldn't have been able to hold to self-defense if he initiated aggression against Trayvon.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Wait Joel, so what your saying is people have to interpret law, law that deliberately leaves large gray areas, on the fly and under stress, and that sometimes they may interpret it incorrectly? Huh... Interesting.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Wait Joel, so what your saying is people have to interpret law, law that deliberately leaves large gray areas, on the fly and under stress, and that sometimes they may interpret it incorrectly? Huh... Interesting.

Especially when they aren't trained on all the laws and don't have experience using/navigating the laws...it's a lot of responsibility to own and use a firearm, we should all study the law and it's applicability as much as possible.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville

Yup. Hopefully people that carry guns will realize its a little more than "freeze! Stick em up! Pew pew! 'Murica!"

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Especially when they aren't trained on all the laws and don't have experience using/navigating the laws...it's a lot of responsibility to own and use a firearm, we should all study the law and it's applicability as much as possible.

Easier said than done my friend!

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I think the guy assumed it was the same guy his fiancee saw recently, and when he got up no one was at the door, so I believe he went outside to investigate and confront the person, and the old man probably walked toward him when he herd and seen him, and the guy jumped the gun and shot before conceiving a real threat. I think if he is not brought up on criminal charges he will definitely get sued for wrongful death. Just my opinion here, I don't know exactly what happened but it doesn't sound good for the homeowner.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I think the resident went out at 4am because he was expecting a pizza delivery. He was accosted by the buff 72 year old devotee of Jack Lalanne, who was shuffle/running at him like one of the fast zombies, while swinging a machete the resident had been using for yardwork that day.

Do I win for most creative use of fictional facts?

:D

Top Bottom