Mandville gun show ripp off!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Spent about two hours there. I wasn't really looking to do anything other than feel some handguns that I have been considering. There was one seller with a bunch of XD and XDM pistols that I have been eying. It was nice to hold the different models. But his "sale" prices were about $100 more than what I could get them online. I hate to say that. I would love to support the local guys, but it's hard when you figure in the extra $100 plus taxes on top of that.

Ammo was jacked up. I bought some of the Blazer .22lr 500 round bricks from Cabela's over the past couple of weeks, $35 with shipping. I sold it here on the forum for the same price just trying to help people out. I saw the same bricks there today for $65 dollars. Not sure who the dumb ass is, the one who paid $65 for it or me for not selling it for $65. If you couldn't afford the $65, you could have bought 50 rounds for $7.

I did pick up another 50 round magazine for the 10/22 for $50, cheaper than what I paid at Cabela's last summer.

I was looking at some knives but everything that I was looking for was either at MSRP or even more. Yes, I looked up the prices before I went there. $5 or $10 more than what I could get a knife on Amazon is ok, but not full list price, or greater. I was considering one Cold Steel knife. When I pulled it out of the sheath, it looked like it had been dragged to every gun show in the gulf south. Stupid thing wasn't even sharp. Oh well... I suppose I'll ass it to my next Amazon order.

Last edited:

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Whenever go to the gun shows, I look for deals from people carrying stuff around for sale. You can get some good deals that way especially after they have the dealers with tables look them over and give their crappy bids on it. I have found deals on ammo also like 20 boxes of 30-30 ammo at $5/box.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    If they stop having gun shows where will I get my teriyaki beef jerky? And Chinese stars and scented candles?

You should try this place. It's near my wife's work. I'm pretty sure I've seen all the items you're looking for here. They even sell gas and crack pipes if you're into that. If you ask the right person there, you may even be able to find a gun for sale.
    Discount Zone:
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir//29.9929447,-90.155993/@29.992789,-90.155816,332m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m3!4m2!1m0!1m0

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    You should try this place. It's near my wife's work. I'm pretty sure I've seen all the items you're looking for here. They even sell gas and crack pipes if you're into that. If you ask the right person there, you may even be able to find a gun for sale.
    Discount Zone:
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir//29.9929447,-90.155993/@29.992789,-90.155816,332m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m3!4m2!1m0!1m0

Thanks brother. I was on line checking out the .22 ammo various vendors are out of. There is even Swamp People and Troy Landry Signature series. What a waste of money to pay them for this. There could be a dogs ass on the box and if its decent ammo every one would buy it. Seems redundant to me.

barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    This. Gun shows are a joke. Unless you go for a laugh, then stay away. Sadly there are idiots both selling and buying.

I guess I'm one of the idiots.

I've bought two revolvers at gun shows this year. Both older models I had been looking for, both at what I'd consider fair prices.

Sorry 'bout that.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, if someone doesn't have any, $30 beats the crap out of trying to reload it themselves. :dogkeke:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    it happens because idiots keep paying for it, plain and simple. Stupidity is expensive... most of us can't afford to be that stupid, but to each their own.

Top Bottom