Match near lafayette?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I just might put effort into making this weekends match.

What are the local 'rules' about carrying while competing? have been to some where you can not put weapon in holster until your at the table at your first shooting station....(talk about a gaggle of confusion there), some you can only carry weapon with slide locked to the rear..... I understand and accept keeping it UNLOADED (duh, safety).

Also how many rounds for normal match? Dang I should look up what class I will be shooting in... I THINK Lem10.... or just Limited....

You can only take your gun out at the safe area or when it is your turn to shoot and you are told to "make ready."

Bring a bag or case so you can carry the gun from your car to the designated safe area where you can then put it in your holster with the slide forward and hammer or striker forward (dryfired).

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    You can figure the number of rounds by examining the COFs if you like...minimum two per paper target and one per steel unless the stage briefing requires otherwise. I just usually pack about 200 - 250 and don't worry about it.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    So gearing up at the back of truck is a no-go ? have to do the gaggle at table to put gear on belt....
    good to know.

Put everything EXCEPT the gun on at the truck.

And, like Curtis said, you cannot handle live ammo OR magazines with live ammo at the safe area. They can be on your belt or in your bag, just not in your hand.

Top Bottom