McCain loses his mind...proposes radical bill

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    The Atlantic Monthly has just released the text of a bill introduced by Sen McCain (R-AZ), which, if passed, would allow the

President or his minions to label individual U.S. CITIZENS ON U.S. SOIL as 'high value detainees' and 'unprivileged enemy combatants' in the 'war on terrors' " if he/she:
    (1) poses a threat of an attack on civilians or civilian facilities within the U.S. or U.S. facilities abroad;
    (2) poses a threat to U.S. military personnel or U.S. military facilities;
    (3) potential intelligence value;
    (4) is a member of al Qaeda or a terrorist group affiliated with al Qaeda or
    (5) such other matters as the President considers appropriate."[/B]

Note that no actual crime is required to have been committed.

Once labelled as such, the individual would not receive miranda warnings, not be allowed access to the courts, and could be held and interrogated indefinitely without judicial oversight.

The sponsor, and all 8 cosponsors of this bill are Republicans.

The article is here.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...n-bill-you-ought-to-read-more-carefully/37116

The text of the proposed law is here.

http://assets.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/politics/ARM10090.pdf

An excellent example of why I didn't vote for McCain or Obama. A vote for a McCain is a vote for the neoconartists

joshuades

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    I would trust the bill in the hands of trustworthy administration.
    Would you really trust anybody who has been empowered to cloister you away on a whim, never to be seen orheard from again?

Last edited:

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    An excellent example of why I didn't vote for McCain or Obama. A vote for a McCain is a vote for the neoconartists

For me a vote for McCain was a vote against Obama. We may be better off with Obama because his election has stirred up a **** storm that might not haven been as intense if McCain were in office, but I could never sensibly or morally justify voting for him. Ron Paul was the only other "major" candidate, but I felt voting for anyone outside of the republican party would only divided up the conservative votes. It was a damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't situation.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    *cough* fema camps *cough*

Maybe not so crazy after all?

Yep, crazy is believin the likes of Beck and Oreily when they poo poo dismiss the truthers w/o the explinations they them selves demand of their guests

If its all crap prove it and lets move on

Treatn me like a mushroom may make vessels in your head pop

I am all for the ConHeads but they are wrong for dismissn these truther things

My feelin is that they know if the reality of some of this stuff were to be proven there would be an uprising like never seen.........but sometimes you can't get rid of all the rats with out burning the barn

Top Bottom