Medical Marijuana Card Holders Cannot Buy Guns says ATF

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have no problem with this ATF letter and I in fact agree with it. People who are addicted to or habitually use a controlled substance should not be allowed to possess firearms.

The only problem is that marijuana should not be a controlled substance. The problem here is not the ATF or the relevant federal firearm law. The problem is the federal drug law.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Bunch of Potheads.

:)

I used to love me some bud too. The most violent thing I or any of my stoner friends ever did involved first person shooter video games like Doom. We wasted a hell of a lot of time, I can tell you that.

As for hemp replacing cotton I can't see it happening. It makes for some really scratchy clothes unless it's expensively processed. For most clothes cotton is just cheaper. Legalize it. Even if they do though I still won't smoke it. It really interfered with my ability to remember stuff. Since I stopped my memory is a LOT better.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Addicted to marijuana? I don't think you can be any more addicted to marijuana than snickers bars. Sometimes pot heads say i got to get some pot, sometimes fat people say i got to have a snickers bar. That's not addiction.

But sometimes pot heads say I got to have a snickers bar!!!

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Addicted to marijuana? I don't think you can be any more addicted to marijuana than snickers bars. Sometimes pot heads say i got to get some pot, sometimes fat people say i got to have a snickers bar. That's not addiction.

But sometimes pot heads say I got to have a snickers bar!!!

It's funny you should mention that because chocolate, like anything else that contains caffeine, IS actually addictive. It always makes me laugh a little to see how many people are hopelessly addicted to caffeine and don't even realize it.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Let me put it like this.

Hemp/MJ farming = less demand for other things such as lumber, cotton, certain plastics, pesticides, ect...

Ahhh.....I see where you're going with this.

More folks will just want to stay high all the time, and so it follows, there will be much less of a demand for these everyday products!
    sign0184.gif

Ingenious! :cheers:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I disagree with the arguments in favor of hemp for it's usefulness for this and that and whatever. It obscures the root of the issue. Government has NO business involving itself in whatever we choose to put in our bodies. Otherwise, the courts fouled up royally in overruling the sodomy laws.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I have no problem with this ATF letter and I in fact agree with it. People who are addicted to or habitually use a controlled substance should not be allowed to possess firearms.

The only problem is that marijuana should not be a controlled substance. The problem here is not the ATF or the relevant federal firearm law. The problem is the federal drug law.

To get a little more back on topic, I agree with this completely. The ATF should have the rule in place, MJ just doesn't belong on the same list. There are some prescription medicines that should be, though, IMO. People addicted to Xanax scare the crap out of me.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I disagree with the arguments in favor of hemp for it's usefulness for this and that and whatever. It obscures the root of the issue. Government has NO business involving itself in whatever we choose to put in our bodies. Otherwise, the courts fouled up royally in overruling the sodomy laws.

I'm mad at myself for not thinking of saying this.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I guess all you guys missed 8th grade assembly........

According to Harry Anslinger this stuff is Dangerous with a capital D

Actually, that movie was re-released in my senior year. A bunch of us got wired for FM and went to see it. Best time I ever had at a movie.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    +1 If you really put people who have a prescription for medical marijuana in the busting down your down to "feed their habit" category, you need to rethink that. Potheads are not the ones you need to worry about breaking down your door.
    Unless you have a big stash of Hubig pies he knows about inside.

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Unless you have a big stash of Hubig pies he knows about inside.

U r right about that, I would physically harm someone for a hubigs pie right now. Especially the sweet potato pie. Any idea When they will be back?

(BTW I was joking about the harming someone part, but I would Give them the evil eye)
    Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    U r right about that, I would physically harm someone for a hubigs pie right now. Especially the sweet potato pie. Any idea When they will be back?

(BTW I was joking about the harming someone part, but I would Give them the evil eye)
    Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Mmmmmmmmm, Hubigs sweet potato pie!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom