Miculek's IDPA Shotgun match 1/9/11

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobFMJ

Texan Transplant
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Houma, LA
    While your at it, see if you can nail down the date of the IDPA Louisiana State Championship too? Its usually in March, and I need to set up my time off. Thanks

I'll second this... I've been itching to make my way up there for IDPA for a couple years now

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    The January 9th match is going to be shotgun only. 6-8 stages. Birdshot and a few slugs (8-10). Sounds like this is going to be a rather laid back, have fun kinda match. They have access to lots of props and hopefully they will have enough set-up help to utilize them. Sounds like a fun shoot.

They may also try to get a regular monthly 3-gun match going at the Clark/Miculek range. :)

Open, limited & 12ga pump.

As far as the State IDPA match, this one is still up in the air. May or may not happen.

The gentleman I spoke to said he would post here in the future regarding any matches they have.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    I'm in on this! I'm trying to talk my brother into coming too.

any chance of getting together somewhere for a BS session afterwards?

Last edited:

Kyle O

Runs with Skunks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Springhill, LA
    Hello shooters,

This is Kyle from miculek idpa, we are hosting an all shotgun match Sunday Jan 9th at The Shootout Range in Princeton, LA.

It will be a very informal match, we are gonna try it so that you can buy a bulk pack, and a couple boxes of slugs, pay $15, and be able to complete the entire match. Nothing has been designed yet, but I'm sure it will shape up into something worthwhile.

Unfortunately, I don't think we are gonna do an IDPA State match this year. It's just me and Brandon, and it's ALL on us. Sad to say, but I think we're getting burned out. I don't want to be a huge whiner, but usually 3 of us set up, 15 people shoot, and 4-5 help break down. And, the state match, is a huge investment of time/effort. If it were spread out over 8 or so people, we could sustain it easily, but as is now, it is not looking good for the IDPA state match.

Which brings up the shotgun match, we are trying to get some more people involved, and think this would be an opportunity to introduce someone to competition shooting who may be intimidated by a pistol match. Maybe we can use it as a stepping stone to maybe put on a 3-gun match one day.

We haven't had time to discuss it thoroughly yet, but right now, Brandon has it divided into a competition only/pump/home defense division.

I've been rolling it around a bit, and I see the "home defense division" as the stepping stone for newer shooters. All that would be required is a shotgun, and some pockets, and 8+1. Meaning, no speed loaders, or loading from the belt, just shells on the gun or in pockets.

A pump division, 12 gauge pumps only, loads from belts, but no "speed chutes" 8+1.

Then a "competition division" this would pit open class against limited shooters of course, but anything would go (at least for now) here. I would hate to slice it too thin division wise, but this is whats on the table right now. I'd love to get some input, about any aspect of this, as right now it is an experiment, and will be treated as such. Let me know your feelings, and if there is much interest, we might go with an open/limited format.

Glad to find you guys, I've seen ya'll here, and there, but didn't know there was a forum. Thanks Donnie.

best,
    kyle

RobFMJ

Texan Transplant
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Houma, LA
    Unfortunately, I don't think we are gonna do an IDPA State match this year. It's just me and Brandon, and it's ALL on us. Sad to say, but I think we're getting burned out. I don't want to be a huge whiner, but usually 3 of us set up, 15 people shoot, and 4-5 help break down. And, the state match, is a huge investment of time/effort. If it were spread out over 8 or so people, we could sustain it easily, but as is now, it is not looking good for the IDPA state match.

Aw :(

I'd gladly volunteer to help out/RO, but I figure you probably need a little more help than someone living five hours away can provide

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    Hand thrown and skeet = two different worlds.

Skeet is a sport with clay pigeons thrown by a machine at 80 FPS on an eccentric wobble, shot from specific stations.

Hand thrown clays is... hand thrown clays.

I understand the difference but we didn't have a 4th machine....

*edit for clarity*

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    Hello shooters,
    Unfortunately, I don't think we are gonna do an IDPA State match this year because Sraiford keeps winning the State High Military and we want to give him some time off.

Now that is more like it.

Now of course I just messing around with all of you but, I hate to see it won't happen this year. The 2007 LA State Match was my first ever IDPA Sanctioned match, and the only reason I went was to see Jerry shoot. BUT what I found is that the Miculek club is full of great people and I've gone back every year since... I actually think I'm the only Alabama shooter in the bunch... I certainly hope the Miculek IDPA Club comes back online and gets alot more help.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom