Military Rifle Racks anyone?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow

I Support Human Culling
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    i wouldnt mind having one, if some of them make their way to baton rouge then i'll take one for sure. or if someone wants i may be able to help transport or deliver some

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    assuming 9% tax and 10% .mil fee it looks like $27 a pop plus whatever youre wanting for gas. just fwiw. :o

Now lets hope he is not using a '73 dodge power wagon stuck in 4wd low to go get them.

NOLA - What would the freight charge (if available) be? I've had some things shipped that were suprising low for the shipping.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    RDO, not sure on the freight charges, I was in the OR all day, I got an email saying i have to personally show up in person to pick up with driver's license, etc........it will be a one day there and back thing, i'm waiting for the military to tell me what dates i can go to pick them up, weekends are not allowed so i need to take off of work

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    RDO, not sure on the freight charges, I was in the OR all day, I got an email saying i have to personally show up in person to pick up with driver's license, etc........it will be a one day there and back thing, i'm waiting for the military to tell me what dates i can go to pick them up, weekends are not allowed so i need to take off of work

I'd looked on those sites before & decided not to fool with it for what I was looking at. Partly because of the complexity of the deal & partly because of the condition of the items.

Thanks for doing this & let us know if we can help.
    RDO

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I will be taking off a day of work to go get these. Since I will pass through Baton Rouge, I will come up with a meeting point on my way back to New Orleans. I'll get off I-10 somewhere in BR, who ever wants one come get it, then I go on to New Orleans. I don't know a price, just need to see what I spend on gas, a little bit for me since I'm taking an unpaid personal day. I'm fair.

Anyone from BR who interested, PM with name, email and cell.

As soon as I find out when I am going I will post. I'm taking a cargo van with a covered trailer so weather will not be a factor.

Any other questions, ask.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    So what happened? I'd help you get rid of two or three of them if you need buyers.

I'm also really anxious to talk with you about this deal. I've seen palettes of .223 brass (13,000 pounds) going for $50, and I always wondered how cool it would be to buy one of these, then split it up among the shooters in a group. I just didn't have the group before.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    my rifle -

i'm certain you have seen bids start at $50 but I can guarantee 13000 lbs did not go for that little. Usually lots over 5,000lbs require a $10,000 deposit before you are even allowed to bid. I'll post something about the racks early next week. I'm picking them up wed jun 4, thinking about stopping in BR on way home right off I-10 somewhere. havent thought of a price, will calculate how much i'll spend on gas and what they cost me, will post a price on monday.

anyracks I don't get rid of I will just get a table at the upcoming Gun show and sell at a very high price (prob $150-$200/each). I contacted the organisers of the Kenner show and was told these are very a hot item at gun shows since they are rare to come by

now if anyone on here is serious about getting a LOT of military brass, has the $ to contribute to a $10k deposit, PM me. Even 13,000lbs of brass of assorted sizes is close to 1 million rounds, about 910,000 rounds. more than enough to stay stocked for life.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I'm figuring 936,000 (72qty/pound) if it were .223/.556 priced @ $50/K that would put you at $46,800 street price. $50/K is low but I wonder what condition it would be or how much would be unusable.
    I've handled several thousand rounds of mixed brass & there is a lot of handling (labor) & bad brass. In mine there were a lot of live rounds & trash.
    If it does go any where I can sort it other than manually. I can't put out $10,000 though. Usually people with that ability don't do this type of thing.
    Sounds like an adventure.
    I need to get past the rifle rack deal first though!

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    It's my understanding from other boards that most of the guy buying the brass are selling it for scrap.

I still want one of the racks if the price is fair. Please send me a PM when you have the info as I don't see every post and would hate to miss out

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    ok, here it is. I'm going through my PM's and this forum to see who wanted one. I have my appointment set at Ft Polk for 9am on Wednesday, so I'm leaving Metairie at 4am to make sure I get there on time. On the way back plan to stop in BR for those people and then head home. I'm guessing about 3 hrs from Ft Polk to BR. As soon as I get them all loaded up I'll leave for BR, so I don't know an exact time yet. Will call/text people when on the way.

I will post what I think is the tentative list of people who contacted me.

I'm thinking just $60/rack. this will cover the cost of the racks and gas, and a little bit left over to justify to my significant other for taking an unpaid day off from work.

look for another post shortly with the screennames of people I have so far. then I will post my contact info for everyone,

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom