Mind blown at the number of people

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    who think it's a good idea to not turn on their headlights in the fog.

Am I the only one who literally can not see a person in the fog if their lights are off?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA

Am I the only one who literally can not see a person in the fog if their lights are off?
    I'm equally concerned with what seems like an increase in the number of people who think it's acceptable to drive around with their high beams on.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I'm equally concerned with what seems like an increase in the number of people who think it's acceptable to drive around with their high beams on.

That's very rare in Nola, but I remember that it was an issue when I lived in MS.
    Thanks bro for riding my tail for 15 miles while burning out my rods and cones.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.

Saturday morning I was in the fog and was one of the few with my lights on. Did it matter to me seeing? Not at all. Does it help to be seen? Yes indeed. It's for the tail lights just as much an anything.

I think now people just don't think about it as much with the auto head lamps. Mine turned off the lights and I went to the manual switch that is simply on. Some people will out drive their vision, going 60mph when they can only see 45mph worth of distance.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA

It is not just you.
    I guess they are so distracted that they don't realize what is going on around them.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Saturday morning I was in the fog and was one of the few with my lights on. Did it matter to me seeing? Not at all. Does it help to be seen? Yes indeed. It's for the tail lights just as much an anything.

I think now people just don't think about it as much with the auto head lamps. Mine turned off the lights and I went to the manual switch that is simply on. Some people will out drive their vision, going 60mph when they can only see 45mph worth of distance.

Exactly. I am more concerned with being seen. If I can't see you, chances are you can't see me. I can't stand auto lights. I'm the boss here. When I want the lights on, I call the shots.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

A huge portion of that problem is people who level their trucks and don't adjust the headlights.

Lately I've been hitting the horn and flashing the idiots who don't have their lights on in the pouring rain.

Rain/Fog scares people, makes them do stupid things, and they don't care about others.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    A huge portion of that problem is people who level their trucks and don't adjust the headlights.

Lately I've been hitting the horn and flashing the idiots who don't have their lights on in the pouring rain.

Rain/Fog scares people, makes them do stupid things, and they don't care about others.

Rain too, good call. Oh and dawn/dusk.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Exactly. I am more concerned with being seen. If I can't see you, chances are you can't see me. I can't stand auto lights. I'm the boss here. When I want the lights on, I call the shots.

Preaching to the choir - I still think manual chokes have their place. I have a car without auto lights and my wife has them in hers. Switching up driving them I always seem to be out of sync.

When I drive I cut people a lot of slack. For me to even comment on somebody's driving they have to be exceptional. My mode is to back off and let them drive the way they want, without getting into what the problem is, because I ain't going to be allowed to solve it. It is just way more stress free than becoming invested in someone else's actions. My goal is to get from point A to point B and that is all.

"You can only drive one car" - Terry Earwood

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Preaching to the choir - I still think manual chokes have their place. I have a car without auto lights and my wife has them in hers. Switching up driving them I always seem to be out of sync.

When I drive I cut people a lot of slack. For me to even comment on somebody's driving they have to be exceptional. My mode is to back off and let them drive the way they want, without getting into what the problem is, because I ain't going to be allowed to solve it. It is just way more stress free than becoming invested in someone else's actions. My goal is to get from point A to point B and that is all.

"You can only drive one car" - Terry Earwood

I typically don't complain about drivers, but considering the only two vehicle accidents I have been in, were a vehicle running into the back of me while at a red light, I am very cautious.

Rain makes people stupid. I was going down the highway, on Sunday evening, under the interstate overpass with a green light. The interstate exits to two lanes, with one that splits into a yield that continues down the highway I was on. Rather than yielding to the 4 oncoming vehicles (including myself), this guy in his brand new Honda Accord decides to continue traveling 45 mph down the exit ramp, fails to yield, and slides sideways through the highway three lanes over into the turn lane, just to sit and wait with his right turn signal on, so he can get back onto the highway. Real smart one, he was.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA

It's pretty easy to tell the difference. I agree with the unadjusted headlights but these are definitely high beams.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I typically don't complain about drivers, but considering the only two vehicle accidents I have been in, were a vehicle running into the back of me while at a red light, I am very cautious.

Rain makes people stupid.

I tend to analyze drivers rather than complain. Certain intersections I go through often I see the same events occur often. Lapalco & Manhattan you always have 1 or 2 run the end of the light. Westwood has the person run their light and turn in front of you after you are half way through the intersection. Other intersection you don't see the problems as much.

Yeah, yellow & red lights can bring out bad judgements. Rain causes some people to just want to be in front of you because of the spray.

Me general rule is pass and go or get in and follow. I don't drive along side if it is avoidable.

Rain makes people stupid. I was going down the highway, on Sunday evening, under the interstate overpass with a green light. The interstate exits to two lanes, with one that splits into a yield that continues down the highway I was on. Rather than yielding to the 4 oncoming vehicles (including myself), this guy in his brand new Honda Accord decides to continue traveling 45 mph down the exit ramp, fails to yield, and slides sideways through the highway three lanes over into the turn lane, just to sit and wait with his right turn signal on, so he can get back onto the highway. Real smart one, he was.

Don't be jealous that the guy was exceptional :D

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It's pretty easy to tell the difference. I agree with the unadjusted headlights but these are definitely high beams.

I've lived in the city for the past few years, but thinking back, all of my time spent out in the boonies, a ton of folks drive the back roads with their high beams and then forget to turn them off.

Don't be jealous be the guy was exceptional :D

LOL, it was well executed if he was trying to avoid sudden death!

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    On a side note I almost killed somebody today. I came to a stop sign and looked left down a one way street. All was clear so I pulled out almost destroying a bicycle and its rider. Mind also blown at the number of people who don't realize that the same traffic laws that apply to motorized vehicles apply to them as well.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge

The best ones in this scenario are the ones who leave their high beams on because one (or both) of their low beams have burned out and they are too lazy/cheap/stupid to change them.

Top Bottom